CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
Cockypantherfan
b381l
kabercr2
smoovecock
SMOTFS86
gamecockphan
B-G
Spurrier on Pharoah: (3150)
USC/clemson spread (1298)
In case no one saw.. (1131)
injury report? (870)
Odell Becham Catch (569)
A little late to the (428)
Tiger Burn (406)
Why has there been 4 (312)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (279)
Charlotte Hornet Bas (138)
Bowl projections
Texas A&M Defense
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
USC/clemson spread
Fly_over tomorrow?
Does anyone have a Charli
A little late to the conv
Props to Volleyball!
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #16081
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

I was just paraphrasing Dabo about that. In reality, Vic was right. "What's the overall record? Oh, I guess we need to win some more."

With regard to whatshisname, I just am not ready to subscribe to the Clemson bogeyman theory. I think it is his Midwest bias above all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #16082
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Jerry Gibson

Busta had a huge catch in the UF game. Adams had a couple of huge catches in the Mizzou game. Overall I think they both had productive years. Maybe what 4 TDs combined...around 25 receptions combined...

Spurrier's offense has never been an offense to focus and utilize the TE alot...Never has! and Never will! Some people just can't let that sink in.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #16083
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
He's had a history of doing this. He told Bo Baldwin not to come here as well. That combined with Poona actually wanting to come here early on, saying he was going to take an official, and Payne being the one to notify the presses that he wasn't....oh, and combine that with Payne coming on here and threatening posters via PM...

Well, doesn't take a genius to see what was going on.
How does a HC at Hilton Head get to advise a QB prospect at Aiken on what college to go to?

This whole thing is just silly IMO. All the idiot posters in this thread are too stupid to see how their continued teeth gnashing and bitter, sour-grapes conjecturing on all the conspiracy theories over one little prospect and his HS HC just makes our fanbase look small and petty, and gives that HC - if he does indeed visit this website - all the future ammunition he'll ever need.

It's just one kid, from a high school that has never been a recruiting pipeline for ANY major college program. But no one seems capable of letting this whole thing go. It's pathetic, really......
Old 01-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #16084
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
How does a HC at Hilton Head get to advise a QB prospect at Aiken on what college to go to?

This whole thing is just silly IMO. All the idiot posters in this thread are too stupid to see how their continued teeth gnashing and bitter, sour-grapes conjecturing on all the conspiracy theories over one little prospect and his HS HC just makes our fanbase look small and petty, and gives that HC - if he does indeed visit this website - all the future ammunition he'll ever need.

It's just one kid, from a high school that has never been a recruiting pipeline for ANY major college program. But no one seems capable of letting this whole thing go. It's pathetic, really......
I don't know who posted about Baldwin, all I know we hear about Poona how he likes USC and how we are his dream school than we hear from Mr. Payne. - Poona doesn't like USC. We about thinking about visiting USC around Shrine Bowl and Strong going to Texas our coaches meet with him and set up a visit date, two days later - BJ Payne: Poona doesn't want to visit USC. Every time Poona says something complimentary or like he is interested. MAJOR PAYNE comes out says Poona doesn't like USC, USC is not in contention, Poona doesn't want to visit USC. That is all I know! and that is all I need to! We are trying to get a piece of Poona and the guy is C*ckblocking us every step of the way. He's a Gamecockblocker.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:02 PM   #16085
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
Rooster, where did you get that 40 time? His 247sports.com profile says he runs a 4.83, 40.

He plays at Theodore HS west of Mobile. They aren't a great program but they play some very good teams in the Mobile area.
doc
Kid has been recorded numerous times in the 4.5 - 4.6 range. He is 6'3" 215 lbs and bench presses over 300 lbs. He could play LB, TE, or WR according to TBS. Do not understand some thinking in this thread. The town he is from only has 6,000 people total so he was way way under the radar. Not trying to compare him to Captain Munnerlyn as a player but their recruitment is very similar. If he doesn't pan out then he likely won't be here in 2 years anyhow so it really doesn't matter. I think Botkin is an excellent evaluator and I really feel this kid could be a good one in the future.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #16086
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Hudl has him at a 4.5 40

Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #16087
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Hudl is a place where people post stuff. Online I'm 6'4'' 240 and bench press 400.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:32 PM   #16088
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Seems like number 89 caught a TD pass in the bowl game, plus at least one other critical third down conversion. Maybe that is wrong. That is just the most recent game.

Exactly my point. "Ok mr stud TE recruit. Come here and we might throw to you 30 times all year."

How many attempts did the WR's get? I'm saying if the TE is gonna be next to nil, then why pursue top talent at the position? Seems we are wasting time and could focus on RB's and WR's and just get a big blocking TE.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:47 PM   #16089
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
Can he punt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No but August the preferred walk on can.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #16090
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I don't know who posted about Baldwin, all I know we hear about Poona how he likes USC and how we are his dream school than we hear from Mr. Payne. - Poona doesn't like USC. We about thinking about visiting USC around Shrine Bowl and Strong going to Texas our coaches meet with him and set up a visit date, two days later - BJ Payne: Poona doesn't want to visit USC. Every time Poona says something complimentary or like he is interested. MAJOR PAYNE comes out says Poona doesn't like USC, USC is not in contention, Poona doesn't want to visit USC. That is all I know! and that is all I need to! We are trying to get a piece of Poona and the guy is C*ckblocking us every step of the way. He's a Gamecockblocker.
Everything you just posted is old news now. We are done with Ford. Nothing that's being posted in this thread now is other than conspiracy theory and the same bitter opinions about Ford's head coach repeated ad-nausea. My opinion is to let the thread die off of the front page, like it did back when it was thought he was going on to Louisville to play for Strong....
Old 01-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #16091
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Exactly my point. "Ok mr stud TE recruit. Come here and we might throw to you 30 times all year."

How many attempts did the WR's get? I'm saying if the TE is gonna be next to nil, then why pursue top talent at the position? Seems we are wasting time and could focus on RB's and WR's and just get a big blocking TE.
It could be most teams targeted the TE's on defense allowing the smaller receivers to have the production I previously referenced?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #16092
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Can we just wish the kid the best wherever he goes and delete this thread?
Old 02-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #16093
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
It could be most teams targeted the TE's on defense allowing the smaller receivers to have the production I previously referenced?
I think it was obvious that teams targeted the running game (Mike Davis), allowing the referenced production.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #16094
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Recruiting Q&A with Phil Kornblut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Why do you like ruining player's big moments?
Yes, I have asked the same question so.many times. One has to wonder why anyone tells kornbutt anything. The jackass could say, "X is a heavy favorite to attend X school," but instead he announces for the kids. The Dixon's & the Powdersville crew come to mind right off the bat. Oh well,aybe one day people won't talk to him.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:48 AM   #16095
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurs

ok, gents, I have been around for a while. I can see some resemblance to Gurley...but to me when I see him palying RB in his high school film clips, he looks to me like George Rogers at USC. Does anyone else see this? (of course George ran like this on college)...
Old 02-01-2014, 02:43 AM   #16096
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
ok, gents, I have been around for a while. I can see some resemblance to Gurley...but to me when I see him palying RB in his high school film clips, he looks to me like George Rogers at USC. Does anyone else see this? (of course George ran like this on college)...
You think this guy reminds you of GR....I'll say this, he probably would do us more good in this class as a RB than a TE. I hope you're right.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:38 AM   #16097
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
2018 Heisman?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #16098
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I think it was obvious that teams targeted the running game (Mike Davis), allowing the referenced production.
Just saying that if one looks at the whole picture, it is not so black and white as "we don't use TE's. On pass plays, tight ends can be the safety valve in Spurrier's O. See the 2012 Mizzou game for results when a team just doesn't cover our TE.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #16099
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post

a) 30 passes is pretty good. Remember, our offense is designed to exploit what the defense is giving you.

b) 2012 saw 44 completions to TEs. Plus, an NFL draft pick from our TE position.

If you want to play in the NFL, you make a great choice to come to USC and learn the Spurrier passing offense. You can write your own ticket.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #16100
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Anderson and Adams will probably both be drafted. We have Jared Cook making big bucks, Justice Cunningham is with the Rams too. Wesyle Saunders hasn't quite got kicked out of the NFL for good yet. We have a good track record with TE regardless how many passes they get throw to them.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 02-01-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Closed Thread