CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
RGHoskins
smoovecock
MountainCock
Kaka
COCKYTALKIN
QCB
Captain9Dragons
The Gator Bowl wants (1625)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1402)
USC will upset Aubur (1234)
A simple defensive l (1045)
In-state QB talent (968)
In-state QB talent (968)
Which loss hurt wors (652)
Texas athletic direc (600)
Ranking the SEC Foot (417)
USC Picked 12th By S (398)
BA ranks recruiting class
Name a Gamecock
Tennessee game
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Titanfall
Texas athletic director:
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Why I'm hopeful about Aub

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #101
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Kaleb Chalmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
It's not ironic that the same conversation is going on over on TBS. To offer Chalmers immediately... I don't know why the coaches aren't solidifying his offer. Seems like a no brainer. Maybe they know something we don't??
You mean like who is good enough for an offer and who is not? If the coaches aren't sold on him, they aren't sold on him. The guy is still a junior there is no need to rush things.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #102
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DB Kaleb Chalmers of Greenwood saw recruiters from Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Tennessee and North Carolina at his school during the recent contact period. USC did not come thru and Chalmers said the Gamecocks have not officially offered him. Clemson has and continues to show Chalmers real interest. “Coach Reed came and talked about what I was doing since football,” Chalmers said. “I like Clemson. It’s a great school and it’s close to home.” Chalmers plans to go to Clemson, USC and Georgia for junior days, and he’s going to try to get to some bowl practices. He does not yet have favorites. Last season Chalmers had 80 tackles with 4 interceptions and 12 passes broken up.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...word-from-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #103
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

OFFER THIS KID NOW!!!!!!!

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #104
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
You need to chill out.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #105
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

It's pretty obvious he isn't in love with Clemson. We can take our time, at least wait until this summer on this kid because we are in good position right now with some absurd talent.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #106
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You need to chill out.

Dont tell me my business devil woman!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #107
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
doesn't make sense to do that now....
Old 12-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #108
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
doesn't make sense to do that now....
I think it makes plenty of sense. We need more CB depth and everyone is banking on us hitting on all our higher profile CB targets. We typically DO NOT hit on all of our out of state targets so why not lock up at least one quality CB while you can. Fields and Fitzpatrick are National guys and quite frankly I would be surprised if we hit on both those guys. I personally think Chalmers is every bit as good a CB prospect as Fields. Minka is the guy that would be my must have.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #109
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I think it makes plenty of sense. We need more CB depth and everyone is banking on us hitting on all our higher profile CB targets. We typically DO NOT hit on all of our out of state targets so why not lock up at least one quality CB while you can. Fields and Fitzpatrick are National guys and quite frankly I would be surprised if we hit on both those guys. I personally think Chalmers is every bit as good a CB prospect as Fields. Minka is the guy that would be my must have.
This!

Old 12-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #110
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

^^^^^

Especially if/when LSU offers Fields. If they do, then he's probably gone.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #111
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
This is one I guess we'll just disagree on. Since Chalmers is almost a lock to Carolina at this point, why not wait and see what the 2014 class looks like first.....it's only 6 weeks......and Chalmers is not likely to commit before then. I'm not disputing the fact that he isn't good enough. What happens if we get Green, Smith and Lammons on top of Harris and Smalls.

I think it's very unlikely that we hit on both Fields (10) and Fitzpatrick (4) next year anyway. So offering him a little later seems to make sense......where is Chalmers on our 2015 board right now. I think we are also in the running for McGraw (5) and Cole (7) both of whom are ranked above Chalmers (21). The numbers I'm showing are TBS 2015 national CB rankings.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #112
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
This is one I guess we'll just disagree on. Since Chalmers is almost a lock to Carolina at this point, why not wait and see what the 2014 class looks like first.....it's only 6 weeks......and Chalmers is not likely to commit before then. I'm not disputing the fact that he isn't good enough. What happens if we get Green, Smith and Lammons on top of Harris and Smalls.

I think it's very unlikely that we hit on both Fields (10) and Fitzpatrick (4) next year anyway. So offering him a little later seems to make sense......where is Chalmers on our 2015 board right now. I think we are also in the running for McGraw (5) and Cole (7) both of whom are ranked above Chalmers (21). The numbers I'm showing are TBS 2015 national CB rankings.
I agree except I don't think they really care what 2014 looks like. I think they just want to wait til the summer, see him in camp and offer him. He's not biting on the tiger bait, we should be just fine... if we can lock down one more 2013 CB's.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #113
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Junior DB Kaleb Chalmers of Greenwood continues to hear from several schools and says he has no favorites. Clemson, Tennessee, Duke and North Carolina appear to be showing the most interest but he is also hearing from several other schools including USC, “Clemson is a really good school and it’s close to home,” Chalmers said. Since the end of the ‘dead period’, Chalmers has not received any visits but feels that will change. “We haven’t started school yet so they haven’t had a chance to come by and see me,” he said. “We go back tomorrow.” He plans to take in several junior days but has yet to map out any of his trips. His offers include Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Duke, Stanford, North Carolina and Georgia Southern with interest from USC and Auburn. He is showing interest in Clemson and USC.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-toward-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 02-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #114
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CB won't really be a need after the 2014 class. Maybe we take 1 and Chalmers seems to be behind Fitzpatrick and Causey. Chalmers is probably plan C.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #115
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
CB won't really be a need after the 2014 class. Maybe we take 1 and Chalmers seems to be behind Fitzpatrick and Causey. Chalmers is probably plan C.
if we get those that we're supposed to get in 2014, I think they will take 2-3 in 2015....Fields, Fitzpatrick and maybe Chalmers. Remember, our class size goes back to 25 next year.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #116
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
if we get those that we're supposed to get in 2014, I think they will take 2-3 in 2015....Fields, Fitzpatrick and maybe Chalmers. Remember, our class size goes back to 25 next year.
Maybe two, but if Fields is being recruit for corner and not than he Chalmers is behind, Fitzpatrick, Fields, AND Causey.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #117
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

^it almost seems like you just don't want chalmers read. those other guys aren't a sure bet. hes a sc guy and next year we will sign some dbs and a corner and a safety or two would be nice. he could play safety also.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #118
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
^it almost seems like you just don't want chalmers read. those other guys aren't a sure bet. hes a sc guy and next year we will sign some dbs and a corner and a safety or two would be nice. he could play safety also.
We haven't offered the guy and I like the guys we have offered. It's nothing personal against Chalmers. There are plenty of other good players besides Chalmers we could offer but haven't so the fact that we haven't offered him specifically is not a big deal. As far as him being a safety. I like Roundtree better, who we have offered.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #119
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

well we will see. its not up to you or I who we offer or who picks us so hopefully if he turns out to be a stud and has really good numbers next year we wont be too late to the party.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #120
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
well we will see. its not up to you or I who we offer or who picks us so hopefully if he turns out to be a stud and has really good numbers next year we wont be too late to the party.
tell that that those DEMANDING we offer him. And we we won't get ever STUD out there. I feel like this guy is turning into this years Quinshad, Jacob Park, Justin Worley, etc... the way people are acting.
Closed Thread