CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
johnnyb
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
ChickenButt
doubledribble
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Freshman ND WR " (58)
Good Riddance to bad (38)
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #16121
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in
Default Re: 2014 - Jerry Gibson

We cant take any more 2 star kids like DiMarco..zandi..or clayton stadnik ..those guys are not very good...what are the coaches thinking.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #16122
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

I see the "big George" posts, but he runs & is built like another George...Eddie George....I love teams who recruit based on star ratings-haha!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #16123
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
Yep, someone mentioned that Gibson runs more straight up than Lattimore (of course nobody runs with pad leverage as low as Marcus), but if you watch film on Big George Rogers, he had powerful thighs and he ran straight up a lot. Also did you know that George came to Carolina with several injuries during high school that made him like a 2-3 star back (don't even think that they had star rating back then), also Georgia had passed on him....and he came in as a freshman at 6'2" and 210 lbs and played as a junior and senior at about 225 lbs. Also did you know that George originally was beat out for the tailback position by Johnny Wright so George was playing fullback (now we call it H-back), so when Johnny Wright had several injuries that is when George got his chance to start at tailback (and the rest is history). I know a little about George because he is the same age as me and one of his very best friends played college ball with me (so I got to know George a little back then)......So with all that I am not saying Gibson will end up being another George, but his high school film clips at RB sure reminds me of Big George slashing through holes and around the end and running over people at the end or his runs. I say if we have a slot, lets get this fellow, he may take a year or two to develop in college, but he looks like he could play a bunch of positions (sort of like Melvin Ingram). GO COCKS!!!!
We actually ran split back veer during George's first two years and when Wright tore his knee up before their jr year, we switched to an I formation. Wright redshirted and played fb George's sr year and played tb after George finished. Although, he had some success, Wright never regained the speed and quickness displayed in his first 2 years.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #16124
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcock View Post
We cant take any more 2 star kids like DiMarco..zandi..or clayton stadnik ..those guys are not very good...what are the coaches thinking.

Corey Simmons, DeMario Bennett, Mike Triglia, Pierre Andrews, Broadhead, Chris Hail...goes both ways my friend.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #16125
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Corey Simmons, DeMario Bennett, Mike Triglia, Pierre Andrews, Broadhead, Chris Hail...goes both ways my friend.
Nothing wrong with those players. Just because they didn't see a lot of PT here it doesn't meant that they were scrubs.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #16126
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb

Agree with Redrooster. Nothing wrong with those players. Just did not work out
Old 02-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #16127
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Nothing wrong with those players. Just because they didn't see a lot of PT here it doesn't meant that they were scrubs.
They get recruited to come here and contribute and those guys didn't.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #16128
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk.daddy View Post
They get recruited to come here and contribute and those guys didn't.
They must have contributed in some way or Spurrier would have pulled the schollies. Maybe you are wrong about their lack of contribution to the team. Did they help with conditioning? Were they special teams players? Did they play when the starter was injured, tired, or unavailable?

Shaq Attack
Old 02-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #16129
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I wish these guys on here were our coaches...with the way they evaluate talent, we might actually become competitive! Sarcasm inserted
Old 02-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #16130
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I don't think one year speaks to a standard volume Tight Ends get. It was a much more consistent year for receivers, with 4 having 4+ TD's. Compare that to 2012 when we had 2 receivers with 4+ TD's.
I think we will see alot more TE use especially w/ crossing routes in 14. DT is a tall thrower with high velocity and a quick release, perfect for crossing routes. CS strenth was placement thus the fades and sideline patterns where placement ws emphasized and his lack of ball velocity was not exposed. He also moved the pocket and rolled alot, benificial to throwing to the sidelines, dangerous to throw to the middle ( across the body is a no no).

DT and CS can both run and both throw but the primary strenth is run for CS and throw for DT. It goes much deeper than that tho. CS's throwing strenth ws placement to the outside and escaping to create further time and opportunity for him to run or throw and for WRs to improvise and escape coverage from dbs who were equally worried about CS running as throwing. DTs strenth is velocity and arm strenth along with quick read/recognition and quick release. I think we saw alot more safe zone these last yrs watching CS to run. Allowed lots of short to meduim catches but didn't get beat deep alot. I think the result will be a lot more use of quick hits across the middle ( ie TEs) and of course the deep verticle game. less run throw options and less use of the sidelines. I think you will see more picks with DT but fewer fumbles so the overall turnover ratio may be similar. I think facing a lot of agressive press DT will face much more of a kill or be killed D, pic or td. JMHO WVP

Last edited by boness; 02-01-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #16131
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

he said he is firmly committed to Minnesota and taking the OV just to visit.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #16132
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
he said he is firmly committed to Minnesota and taking the OV just to visit.
The Minnesota inside changed his prediction, I'm not too sure about that

Old 02-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #16133
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
The Minnesota inside changed his prediction, I'm not too sure about that
I saw that but my post was based on what he said. I do think that the visit could really blow him away. A kid from Alabama that picks Minnesota probably hasn't seen all the things we have to offer.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #16134
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Yazoo, nice sig!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #16135
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
How does a HC at Hilton Head get to advise a QB prospect at Aiken on what college to go to?

This whole thing is just silly IMO. All the idiot posters in this thread are too stupid to see how their continued teeth gnashing and bitter, sour-grapes conjecturing on all the conspiracy theories over one little prospect and his HS HC just makes our fanbase look small and petty, and gives that HC - if he does indeed visit this website - all the future ammunition he'll ever need.

It's just one kid, from a high school that has never been a recruiting pipeline for ANY major college program. But no one seems capable of letting this whole thing go. It's pathetic, really......
At a scrimmage. It's been mentioned before. Again, read the thread. Do a Google search, I don't care. Just don't come in here and insult a load of posters because you didn't bother to read the thread. Your whole post is in error.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #16136
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Everything you just posted is old news now. We are done with Ford. Nothing that's being posted in this thread now is other than conspiracy theory and the same bitter opinions about Ford's head coach repeated ad-nausea. My opinion is to let the thread die off of the front page, like it did back when it was thought he was going on to Louisville to play for Strong....
Seems like you're fueling the thread and bumping it more than anything by disagreeing and insulting every poster for several pages back.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #16137
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Everything you just posted is old news now. We are done with Ford. Nothing that's being posted in this thread now is other than conspiracy theory and the same bitter opinions about Ford's head coach repeated ad-nausea. My opinion is to let the thread die off of the front page, like it did back when it was thought he was going on to Louisville to play for Strong....
It's not a "conspiracy theory." It's common sense to anyone with half a brain or who isn't denial or going or out of their way to defend the guy because they like his anti-usc ways. This HS coach has show his true colors and its orange and purple. There is no "conspiracy" about it. It's just fact. Are you really that naive a person? If so, I feel sorry for you. Be careful out there.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #16138
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I saw that but my post was based on what he said. I do think that the visit could really blow him away. A kid from Alabama that picks Minnesota probably hasn't seen all the things we have to offer.
Yep. Definately not over. Call me crazy, but Columbia, SC will feel more like home to him than Minnesota ever will.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #16139
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

This kid has probably never been to Minnesota when it is cold.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #16140
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

yeah like somebody said just leave the thing alone. he's not coming here good luck poona, payne is an ass. that's all. hope we don't want or need a recruit where payne coaches in the future
Closed Thread