CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
elcid99
Lonnie
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
Rooster'srule
Roosterboy
ertman420
markp_vip
My predictions for 2 (743)
An Aggies View of th (478)
Tennessee (352)
SEC Recruiting Advan (300)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (265)
Clowney in Practice (251)
Camp scheduled relea (163)
Question on Student (162)
Galaxy vs Seatle (162)
NCAA Concussion Sett (143)
An Aggies View of the Mat
FIFA 14 on PS3
2015 - Zack Bailey
Clemson Recruiting...how
Hello Gamecocks!
Green and Lammons
Question on Student Secti
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
2016 - Brandon McIlwain

Old 02-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #61
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material
Default Re: PC sales down

Quote:
Now that Metro has stunk up the Windows desktop like a three-day-dead rat in your bedroom wall, Microsoft finally, finally seems to get it.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #62
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Come to MAC we need you, and we have cookies. Honestly, I have had this MAC desktop for 4 years, and I have never had an issue with it. One of the greatest investments I have ever made. It may cost more, but you get what you pay for.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #63
SpuroftheMoment
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his comb

As an IT tech guy in a large Law firm, we are constantly trying to keep up with the demand of technology from our customers (our attorneys) and even their clients in some cases. Our biggest thing right now was trying to push an 8.1 image, but it looks like most of that crapped the bed recently with the amount of applications that will/will not play nice with 8.1. I believe we will wait until Windows 9 to do anything significant. However, we are going to push an updated Win 7 image with Office 2013, maybe even go 64 bit. That should be fun.

Most of our attorneys have some sort of mobile device other than the laptop we issue them, ranging from iPads to Surfaces, etc. They don't have our image on them, mainly because that's just a major PIA to deal with. Firm mail is available through Mobile Iron or Good and they can use VMWare if they need to touch the network.

But yeah, I can't see all of our employees just up and moving from Win 7 to 8.1 without any pushback. I mean everyone on my team is good with it because we're IT guys, but the normal user may be a little confused, sad, and probably even a little pissed off if thrown into the fire. lol