CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SCohioBoy
LeeSC
beak2
Coulwoodwarlord
cockybusiness2
crowcutta
SwampFox
The Yancey
bigdog2003
lilhornet
Kentucky prediction (1326)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1298)
Just Booked my Hotel (1120)
So What? (580)
Best position coach (493)
The New Idea That'll (360)
Travis Bell's Photos (340)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (257)
So What? (185)
Waldrop doubtful for (139)
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Kentucky prediction
4th & 1 Play
400 pasing yards
Fall Practice
Best position coach or co
Optimism? Week 1-4 offens
Upstate Football Games Re
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr

Old 02-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #441
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Dexter Wideman - Florida State

I think he flips. He wouldn't be announcing on NSD if he wasn't.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #442
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

On an official visit, they flew on FSU's dime.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #443
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Curiouser and curiouser.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #444
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I guess if we can't get him to flip then at least he isn't going to Clemson.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #445
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Think about this. He committed in July. The team he was committed to wins the national championship and goes 14-0. And South Carolina in still the favorites to flip him 3 days from signing day. Says something about the state of our football program.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #446
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Think about this. He committed in July. The team he was committed to wins the national championship and goes 14-0. And South Carolina in still the favorites to flip him 3 days from signing day. Says something about the state of our football program.
depends on who you believe....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #447
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
I think he flips. He wouldn't be announcing on NSD if he wasn't.
I tend to believe this too, because in a way he has already "announced." The only other announcement he would need to make is a flip.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #448
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I tend to believe this too, because in a way he has already "announced." The only other announcement he would need to make is a flip.
ding ding ding ding

we have a winner....points to you sir !
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:47 AM   #449
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

My opinion is that he stays with FSU. If a prospect was committed to us, stated he was 50-50 for half of his recruitment cycle, but never de-committed.....and THEN on NSD flipped from us to the other team, most would say that was a low move for him. It's not like he's some mid 3* prospect that has to hold onto his offer in fear of losing it if he re-opens his recruitment. Both programs want him a lot, and would hold it for him until he decides.

I just cant see him holding onto his FSU commitment, have all this time to consider all sides, and then wait until NSD to flip, putting FSU into a bind to find a replacement for his spot in the class. I don't think he's that type of kid...
Old 02-03-2014, 03:53 AM   #450
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I think it was more of a way to leave the door open than him wanting to make another announcement. I'm sure he's had second thoughts throughout this entire process....I'm not betting on us getting him just because he wouldn't only be committing to USC, he'd also be decommitting from FSU. If he has any doubts he'll stick with FSU because that's the "safe" option now (if he wasnt committed I'd say it was us).
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #451
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Not coming here, imo. Best of luck to him.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #452
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

What time is his announcement set for on Wednesday?

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #453
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb

No one knows where he is going ,but I agree best of luck to him wherever he chooses.
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #454
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

I think he flips. Why would he be having an announcement, when he's already committed somewhere? Haha

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #455
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
I think he flips. Why would he be having an announcement, when he's already committed somewhere? Haha

I wish I felt better about this one but I don't.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #456
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I wish I felt better about this one but I don't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHYYaw9jA
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #457
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

After NSD I'll discuss what I know about the situation.

I don't expect him to be here, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #458
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Flip a coin...definately reasons he might end up in Tallanasty.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #459
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

well if he does choose them and doesn't qualify, then after he goes wherever he has to go to get his grades right, his recruitment would open back up then right?
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #460
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
After NSD I'll discuss what I know about the situation.

I don't expect him to be here, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.
Are you referring to your source that also said Braxton wasn't coming here?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote