CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GoldenSpur7
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
spareparts
BlueHerons
rolinb1
johnnyb
OBC banner being add (1752)
The bane of our seas (1676)
Ward wants us to pla (1276)
Who scores the first (1156)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (1072)
Davis Playing in A&a (932)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (675)
Come and get your Jo (571)
CFB Playoff Bracket (562)
SL,UT Gamecocks (546)
OBC banner being added to
Who scores the first touc
The bane of our season
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2014-15 Premier League se
Looking for 2 for UGA or
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
need 2 for UGA game, lowe
I have not bought into ou
SL,UT Gamecocks

Old 02-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #21
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Re: Joe Namath

Maybe it was all the brain damage he is now talking about.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #22
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPitTAFC 5 1981 rules the CockPit

I think get got more mileage out of a SB win than any QB. He only had a few seasons. Both he and fellow HOF QB Stabler have more INTs than TDs; but I think Stabler was the better athlete (good scrambler).
Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #23
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
WTF

Everything - the coin toss, the jacket that looked like a live animal, the sleezy drunk Biden-ish grin

Train wreck
he has mental problems with all his concussions....he can't help help himself....it's a long way from Beaver Falls.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #24
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
I think get got more mileage out of a SB win than any QB. He only had a few seasons. Both he and fellow HOF QB Stabler have more INTs than TDs; but I think Stabler was the better athlete (good scrambler).

Joe Namath had bad knees in college. What Joe Namath brought to the Old AFL was it's first Super Star and when they won Super Bowl III and beat the heavily favored Baltimore Colts this gave Instant Creditability to the New Upstart League and gave the AFL the belief that they could compete and beat the Old NFL, which they did for the next couple of Super Bowls.

Joe Namath was not surrounded with the best talent in the league and got beat up a lot during games, but would continue to play. Joe had a very quick release and was a fierce competitor. He is now a show man to some extend and has had his battles with alcohol over the years.

Yes, he is old now, he is not the Broadway Joe that could get all the women that he use too and sometimes he does embarrass himself, but what he is is this:

One Of The Greatest High School QB's To Come Out Of PA.
Was A Great College QB And Played For Bear Bryant.
Got One Of The Largest Signing Bonuses And Contracts At The Time Of His Entry Into Professional Football.
Was Sought After Heavily By Both Leagues Before He Signed A Contract.
Won An AFL Title With The Jets.
Won The First Super Bowl For The Old AFL.

How many of us would like to have done half of what "Joe Willie" did!

Great Player, regardless of how things in his life turned out.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:24 AM   #25
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

He was drunker than I was that's for sure.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #26
Cruzer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 855
Cruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talons

I thought it was funny as Hell, laughed out loud actually.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #27
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

PETA is not pleased:

Quote:
PETA @peta TOO many. RT @a_ryan88 Yo @peta, how many animals died to make Joe Namath's fur coat?
But the coat is pricey:

Quote:
For anyone who thinks that they can pull of the same look as Broadway Joe the coat will set you back about $3,000.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #28
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
PETA is not pleased:

But the coat is pricey:
So PETA is now tweeting at themselves?

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #29
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
he looked pretty good to me. the attire is pure "broadway joe". that is just his personality and style/lackthereof.

the coin toss was a trip, I must say.
You know the ref had his back to Joe when he went over the rules with the teams. Then he stepped back beside Joe. I took it as they had already decided on heads or tails as well. I blame the ref for what happened.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #30
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

I heard he stole that fur coat from Lindsay Lohan and blamed Sidney Rice.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote