CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
MountainCock
RGHoskins
Kaka
smoovecock
Captain9Dragons
I Bleed Garnet
COCKYTALKIN
The Gator Bowl wants (1625)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1402)
USC will upset Aubur (1234)
A simple defensive l (1045)
In-state QB talent (968)
Which loss hurt wors (652)
Texas athletic direc (600)
Ranking the SEC Foot (417)
This is War (400)
USC Picked 12th By S (398)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
In-state QB talent
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Tennessee game
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
SEC Debate: Best candidat
A simple defensive line &
Bama @ Tennessee

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #161
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 - Blake McClain - Nebraska

1-1 so far..... Wideman, Lammons, and Green
Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #162
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Actually Nebraska almost forced the kid to commit. Bo told him they would pulll his offer if he did not commit and after what FSU did to him he just felt pressured to commit. I think he was set on SC once FSU was off the table but fell to the pressures at Nebraska. His Family was ok with him going to Nebraska but his commit to them was one of those pressure gigs.I also heard Bo negatively recruited the kid basically throwing SC and Spurrier under the bus. Great pickup.
What's being reported on twitter is that he really did want to go to Nebraska, and if you read his tweets you can see he did like it there.

That of course does not mean there wasn't negative recruiting as those things aren't mutually exclusive. I have no doubt Bo Pelini did that, and he's far from the only one. People in our own division do it. (ala Butch Jones)

Not going to really argue about it though.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #163
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Blake McClain not done yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgrad68 View Post
I gave only a brief summary of the radio interview. You might want to listen to it for more clarity. He said something about not believing USC's offer was real, or something like that. "What I suspect" (no inside info) is that our coaches honestly told him that we really needed him due to our losses on defense. Then when the nebraska coaches talked with him about that they twisted what he was told and pointed to experienced players that would start next year. McClain then believed that he was misled (a previous post said he believed the USC coaches lied), which I do not believe is the way our coaches recruit. I just hope he has talked to our staff today before he and his family make a decision tonight.

If not....Next!
Yeah he was told USC would pull his offer if we landed other guys we were waiting on and basically made it out like Nebraska was his only commitable offer. The told him if he didn't commit before leaving his offer would be pulled.Bo made it out like USC was playing him and he didn't have a firm offer from us. I believe once we were able to help him understand our offer was firm it was clear he wanted to be a Gamecock.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #164
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
What's being reported on twitter is that he really did want to go to Nebraska, and if you read his tweets you can see he did like it there.

That of course does not mean there wasn't negative recruiting as those things aren't mutually exclusive. I have no doubt Bo Pelini did that, and he's far from the only one. People in our own division do it. (ala Butch Jones)

Not going to really argue about it though.
After what was told to him by Bo I feel sure he wanted to go to Nebraska. He bought into the goods Nebraska was selling him.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #165
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Let me rephrased, I think he will play DT before he leaves.
I agree.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #166
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

LOI is in!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #167
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
LOI is in!
Just beat me!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #168
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

This is so weird. I just recently (I think in this thread) how the young man wasn't even going to decide until a few weeks after NSD so he could visit. I guess this is more proof things change. Great news for us, though.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #169
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

hahahhahahahaha suck it Pelini!!!!

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #170
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

I don't want to be "that guy" but if this had happened to someone else, committing without a visit, we'd be calling shenanigans.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #171
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I don't want to be "that guy" but if this had happened to someone else, committing without a visit, we'd be calling shenanigans.
Eh, the situation is pretty unique.

Here is a video I hadn't seen before:

Old 02-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #172
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

It's a shame he didn't get to go to his original choice, FSU, but hopefully he'll get to pay them back in a championship game against them in the future.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #173
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Signee - Blake McClain

Kid looks to be legit
Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #174
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I'm shocked! This is great news! I didn't think we had a chance w/o the OV and especially after he committed to neb. Good for Adams and Jr!

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 02-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #175
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I almost had a heart attack after last night....I start flipping through pages and see his name and Nebraska at the top.....I then thought everything done last night was done as a joke.

Great offer list....he's going to be a good player for us.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #176
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default 2014 Signee - Blake McClain

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Wonder what happened with our less than average recruiting (sarcastic voice).
good point.....I hope this puts to rest all the negativity about our coaches. These guys are damn good.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #177
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Default Re: Blake McClain not done yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Yeah he was told USC would pull his offer if we landed other guys we were waiting on and basically made it out like Nebraska was his only commitable offer. The told him if he didn't commit before leaving his offer would be pulled.Bo made it out like USC was playing him and he didn't have a firm offer from us. I believe once we were able to help him understand our offer was firm it was clear he wanted to be a Gamecock.
You know, this is some bullshit right here. Basically forcing to sign then lying to him. Nebraska used to be one of the best programs in the country.....I'll guarantee you Bo learned all this kind of crap at LSU. So this is how good teams recruit in the SEC.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #178
greatwhitecock
I'm Ya Huckleberry

Male

CockyCash: 600
greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb

Is FSU's class so stacked that this kid was expendable? Why the gray shirt offer? I for one am glad to have him as a Gamecock. Best wishes to the young man!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #179
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I dunno man, the Pelinis seem to be a little shady and I don't think you can pin that on LSU; it seems more like desperation to me.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #180
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurs

Great to see McClain sign with us.....with all the DE's that we have signed, it makes me think that maybe we are not in front with Wideman, which I hope is not the case. We will see at 2:45....
Closed Thread