CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
5lbYardcock
The Yancey
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
b381l
ecugrad
Carolina opens -15.5 (2693)
What changes can and (2270)
Gamecock football Lo (2011)
Shaw: Check Out This (1858)
Mike Davis "dou (1650)
Gamecocks claimed an (1372)
Tanner McEvoy should (1312)
Gamecocks D staff re (1032)
who thinks we need a (960)
The Demise of the 3- (797)
Why didn't Wes Green play
Do we have any shot again
Who else wants to see Con
What changes can and will
What's your take on our a
Recruiting Question
Carolina opens -15.5
Gamecocks D staff reveal
SOS Teleconference
Gamecocks in the Majors/M

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #121
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Taylor Stallworth

Our coaches definitely might have to make a few tough calls here. As C2 said, Stallworth is starting to get a lot more looks. So does the staff perhaps slow play him now, if he flips he flips, and work Poona hard? I dunno. I would prefer the staff work to keep recruits we have on board, especially because I love Stallworth's upside. But I also want Poona. Hope the numbers work out somehow
Old 12-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #122
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Our coaches definitely might have to make a few tough calls here. As C2 said, Stallworth is starting to get a lot more looks. So does the staff perhaps slow play him now, if he flips he flips, and work Poona hard? I dunno. I would prefer the staff work to keep recruits we have on board, especially because I love Stallworth's upside. But I also want Poona. Hope the numbers work out somehow
Slow play a guy already committed, for a guy who might never commit? Stall worth will be a Gamecock, Ford may be one.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #123
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
USC took Stallworth before Ford committed to Louisville. That tells you they want the guy regardless of what Ford does or was going to do. The numbers might allow USC to take Ford anyway, we've got more guys (when you include uncommitted prospects) on the bubble academically than I can recall in recent memory, maybe forever.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #124
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Slow play a guy already committed, for a guy who might never commit? Stall worth will be a Gamecock, Ford may be one.
not slowplay, but just slow down contact w/, send the message of not being a priority to the class. I don't condone that, it's just a move I know some staffs have done when higher rated kids come along. Or in this case, an instate talent like Poona.

But I know this may all be moot because they took Stallworth's commitment regardless of Poona. I'd like to have both, please santa
Old 12-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #125
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Like my grandma always said, "Dance with the one who brung ya...."

Old 12-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #126
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

He will be visiting here Jan. 17th where we will lock it down. He goes to Miss St. On the 24th, but by that time I think he is solid for us. The difference between the two programs will have him here, though playing closer to home is a good draw it won't win out this time.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #127
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

If he makes it here for the 17th, I'd surprised if he actually goes to State the next weekend.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #128
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

What's the reason why Stallworth is considering State?
Old 12-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #129
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
USC took Stallworth before Ford committed to Louisville. That tells you they want the guy regardless of what Ford does or was going to do. The numbers might allow USC to take Ford anyway, we've got more guys (when you include uncommitted prospects) on the bubble academically than I can recall in recent memory, maybe forever.
Ford didn't commit to Louisville when we took Stallworth, but our coaches likely knew we weren't likely to get Ford at that time.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #130
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Bump.

Had a great time on his visit this weekend and there is a chance he cancels the MSU visit.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #131
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Hell yeah. He's underrated and could help as a pipeline to sign more players fro Alabama.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 PM   #132
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I forgot that Stallworth was making his official this past weekend. I think that he is one of several "sleepers" in this class. We seem to do pretty good with Alabama players that are over looked by the instate schools...Darian Stewart, Captain Munnerlyn, the Lindsey twins.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #133
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I forgot that Stallworth was making his official this past weekend. I think that he is one of several "sleepers" in this class. We seem to do pretty good with Alabama players that are over looked by the instate schools...Darian Stewart, Captain Munnerlyn, the Lindsey twins.
Walton may be on that list soon, as well.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #134
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Walton may be on that list soon, as well.
You're right, he already should be.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:42 AM   #135
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Hahaha....you've got to be kidding, right? The only thing those two have in common with Darian and Cap are that they're all from Alabama.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #136
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

they weren't bad. one was better than the other. Jordan I think, the de
Old 01-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #137
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

just glad that he seems to be solid with the commit
Old 01-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #138
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Stallworth shuts it down. No MSU visit.

On another note Tony Morrell says Poona would be the only interior lineman to qualify if he signs. Does Stallworth have grade issues?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #139
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Stallworth shuts it down. No MSU visit.

On another note Tony Morrell says Poona would be the only interior lineman to qualify if he signs. Does Stallworth have grade issues?
He was talking about uncommitted guys.

Last edited by b381l; 01-22-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #140
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Closed Thread