CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
JerseyBird
2014 Subway Classic: (2117)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1612)
Former Gamecock root (1454)
Franks boy's are pla (1312)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (661)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (595)
Bruce!!! (589)
Kentucky is dominati (566)
Question for those w (471)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Decommitment from Texas A
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #181
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Signee - Blake McClain

And FSU just missed on a 5 star DE, who signed with Miami wah wah hahaha

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #182
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

After Pruitt left staff told him he'd be moving inside. He wants to play DE and didn't feel comfortable with the change at FSU.

He went to Nebraska on his OV because they contacted him literally 10 min after he decommitted (they were at his school recruiting another player). He really liked Neb but was pressured to commit. He did, and I think he was fine with his choice. We stayed after him, wanting him to know he did have a firm offer from us. His parents didn't want him to go that far away from home and convinced him to talk to our coaches.

Once he did it cleared up some of the confusion around what the Neb coaches had told him. Once he looked at both schools evenly he and his parents agreed that we'd be the best choice for him.

Nebraska boards are convinced we either paid him or his parents pressured him where he didn't want to go.

Neither is true.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #183
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitecock View Post
Is FSU's class so stacked that this kid was expendable? Why the gray shirt offer? I for one am glad to have him as a Gamecock. Best wishes to the young man!
Hope it puts that chip on his shoulder to be a better player. Glad we signed him
Old 02-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #184
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Bo Pelini was reached for comment:

Old 02-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #185
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
After Pruitt left staff told him he'd be moving inside. He wants to play DE and didn't feel comfortable with the change at FSU.

He went to Nebraska on his OV because they contacted him literally 10 min after he decommitted (they were at his school recruiting another player). He really liked Neb but was pressured to commit. He did, and I think he was fine with his choice. We stayed after him, wanting him to know he did have a firm offer from us. His parents didn't want him to go that far away from home and convinced him to talk to our coaches.

Once he did it cleared up some of the confusion around what the Neb coaches had told him. Once he looked at both schools evenly he and his parents agreed that we'd be the best choice for him.

Nebraska boards are convinced we either paid him or his parents pressured him where he didn't want to go.

Neither is true.
Nebraska can shove it!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #186
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

The only person not happy with this.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #187
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post

The only person not happy with this.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #188
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

Wow, look at dat offer sheet. I'm sure some of those weren't legit offers, but this is freakin awesome! Closed with that DE we desperately needed. This is seriously a monumental get, I hope everyone appreciates how big this is.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #189
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Could this be like the Skai Moore get from last year?
This guy can play...he and Dante Sawyer are very similar to me...shorter, stocky but can get under OT's pads a little easier.

Seems we like those type guys to go with Gerald Turner...anyone smell three-deep at that position for the future?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 02-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #190
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

I dunno.. but FSU and Nebraska only recruit big nasties.. you know this kid is gonna play mean.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #191
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Great pick up from Ward here.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #192
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Jr deserves some, if not most, of the credit for busting his ass on this one.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #193
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Our coaching staff can develop him into a monster on the D-line. Hopefully Wideman follows his lead!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #194
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Yeah, this guy is a big-time DE prospect that can slide inside if needed. He's very quick for his size. FSU crapped the bed on this one.

We're building serious depth along the d-line.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #195
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Here's some film of him if you haven't seen his highlights:

Very quick off the ball, doesn't have elite pass rushing speed but does a nice job of moving laterally and shedding blocks. Uses great leverage at the line. My guess is that he'll redshirt and eventually slide inside after he picks up another 15 to 20 pounds. I know he wants to play DE, but I think he has a higher upside as a situational DT and a run stopping DE.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #196
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Here's some film of him if you haven't seen his highlights:

Very quick off the ball, doesn't have elite pass rushing speed but does a nice job of moving laterally and shedding blocks. Uses great leverage at the line. My guess is that he'll redshirt and eventually slide inside after he picks up another 15 to 20 pounds. I know he wants to play DE, but I think he has a higher upside as a situational DT and a run stopping DE.
Of course with Clowney gone, we may change our approach to pass rushing. We haven't done a lot of blitzing lately, I guess Ward didn't feel like we needed to....so with BAW and some of the other LB, may go more with the Eric Norwood bringing pressure. I say this knowing that Thomas, Sawyer and Wideman (hopefully) can bring pressure on their own. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #197
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
so with BAW and some of the other LB, may go more with the Eric Norwood bringing pressure
Bingo. Ward is going to earn his paycheck next year.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #198
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
FSU crapped the bed on this one.
Clearly, they think they have too many other good commitments at DL to take him right now. Who do you think they should have booted to make room for McClain?
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #199
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

I like a big kid at one DE spot. We can always use a run stopping DE who hold the edge and not get pushed out of the way on outside runs. I feel like LSU always has a huge DE who can do that whereas ours are basically pass rushers.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #200
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Clearly, they think they have too many other good commitments at DL to take him right now. Who do you think they should have booted to make room for McClain?
IMO he's better than 3 of their existing DL commitments, and is more versitile in that he can play the end or slip inside.

That's just my opinion though, I'm glad to have him.

It's not like FSU told him there was no room, Pruitt leaving was directly responsible for him decommitting.