CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
evan_aggie
conwaycock2
The Yancey
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Pirate Depth Chart
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Carolina opens -15.5
Finally Cooled Off
Do we have any shot again
Gamecock football Long Te
SOS Teleconference
who thinks we need a whol
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful

Old 02-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
c0ckkn0cker
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
c0ckkn0cker has hatched from the shell
Default Who do you think will have an immeadiate impact from the 2014 class?

I think Green and Sawyer will see the field early and often. DB and DE positions are wide open. I think BAW will be a stud on ST but it'll be hard for him to displace Skai who was great last year. It'll be interesting to see how they get him on the field. Thoughts?
c0ckkn0cker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who do you think will have an immeadiate impact from the 2014 class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ckkn0cker View Post
I think Green and Sawyer will see the field early and often. DB and DE positions are wide open. I think BAW will be a stud on ST but it'll be hard for him to displace Skai who was great last year. It'll be interesting to see how they get him on the field. Thoughts?
sorry, but i doubt sawyer will even be in school. i do agree on green, but will add smith and lammons to that list as well. thomas and allen williams will also get their shots.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who do you think will have an immeadiate impact from the 2014 class?

Green and Lammons for sure in 2 deep at CB. Lammons as a returner.

Lamin in 2 deep.

Crosby as H-Back.

BAW on special teams and possibly 2 deep.

And Thomas especially if he can get into school. He is the most ready!

I expect most of the Offensive guys to Redshirt.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #4
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I wish that people would stop speculating on our signees' eligibility. According to the player and his coach, he will qualify and any speculation from people that have no direct access to their transcripts serves no good purpose.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:44 AM   #5
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Green and Lammons for sure in 2 deep at CB. Lammons as a returner.

Lamin in 2 deep.

Crosby as H-Back.

BAW on special teams and possibly 2 deep.

And Thomas especially if he can get into school. He is the most ready!

I expect most of the Offensive guys to Redshirt.

I saw both Green and DJ play this year in GA. DJ was the better DB. Saw him play corner and safety and he had better cover skills and run support skills.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 AM   #6
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I wish that people would stop speculating on our signees' eligibility. According to the player and his coach, he will qualify and any speculation from people that have no direct access to their transcripts serves no good purpose.
I agree. And assuming Sawyer gets in, he will be the biggest impact freshman we have. I think Lamin will be the biggest impact player but he's not a freshman.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:29 AM   #7
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We need those corners to step up.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Expect a similar trajectory for our corners next year as our LB this year. They'll probably look a little lost at the beginning of the year but I expect them to be playing at a high level towards the end.

Not great news when opening with ATM, but at least it isn't Johnny Football slinging it around.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:27 AM   #9
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

I'm looking forward to this class. I am hoping to see some kind of potential at the DB and CB slots. These positions might be our crutches in the early part of the year, which is not great considering whom we play early on.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Doobie, lamin and the corners.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #11
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

BAW will make an impact at lb. We still have room to improve there. I can't see us starting 2 freshmen cb's but who knows. I see all the guys who make it in on DL getting pt. Shaw will be hard to keep off the field.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
BAW will make an impact at lb. We still have room to improve there. I can't see us starting 2 freshmen cb's but who knows. I see all the guys who make it in on DL getting pt. Shaw will be hard to keep off the field.
He's got Moore in front of him so I think we use BAW in specific situations. On passing downs maybe move Moore to MLB and have him drop back in coverage and bring BAW as a 5th rusher.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #13
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I would love to find a guy to push Golightly at spur.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #14
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Green, Lammons or Smith (I think at least 2 of 3 make the 2 Deep and might even start.)
Lamin and Thomas on the DL

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #15
GarnetnBad
Remember The Fade!

Male

GarnetnBad has hatched from the shell

Smith, Green, Lammons, and BAW all will see playing time either in D, ST, or both. I could see Shaq Davidson and Deebo getting a look on O. I'm looking forward to August to see how things shake out. I just hope everyone comes in to camp in shape and hungry.

"I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, trillion, billion dollars!"

-P.W. Herman
GarnetnBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #16
c0ckkn0cker
Walk On

Male

c0ckkn0cker has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I saw both Green and DJ play this year in GA. DJ was the better DB. Saw him play corner and safety and he had better cover skills and run support skills.
From watching DJ, he looks like he would grow into an awesome safety. His open field tackling is unreal.
c0ckkn0cker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

I remember when Clowney didn't qualify...... do you guys remember that, its too bad he never had the grades to get into college.... .oh wait

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #18
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

dj smith is dj swearinger reincarnate, only it took swear a year to grow into that role, smith is already there

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #19
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I think that BAW will play DE in some passing situations in much the same way we used Norwood and Ingram.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #20
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

I'm gonna go for a total shocker and say Joe Blue finds his way into a FB or ILB spot and dominates in short yardage situations. Kid looks like a bowling ball.