CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eatlighting
DontTreadOnMe
kevhugh
GamecockGirl23
ACPhilson
CockyCody
Blackland
Carolina-Beez
NAVY GAMECOCK
Gamecocks1137
**USC vs. North Caro (37662)
IF YOU ARE A TARHEEL (2646)
Subtle Change on Hel (2277)
Mitch taunting (1990)
Positional regrades (1819)
John Hoke on tacklin (1616)
Bottom line: Defense (1565)
Ugly win .... but a (1515)
No cable and want to (968)
Congrats on the win (905)
**USC vs. North Carolina
Shon Carson
Chaz Elder didn't play?
Ugly win .... but a win
Bottom line: Defense is b
Positional regrades after
How about the fake punt?
Mitch taunting
How hurt are googer and d
Mitch's 1st start on par

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #4601
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Signing Day Videos

Dexter Wideman

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvI0HizglCQikF1NqOn9hbw
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #4602
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Dexter Wideman was a huge surprise for me.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #4603
FearThethumbandDJ
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Dexter Wideman was a huge surprise for me.
Why? weve been projected to get him all year
Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #4604
jch81
Banned

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2015 - Mitch Hyatt

Committed to Clemson
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #4605
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 935
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Moar!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 AM   #4606
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talonsLatti2001 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Announcement videos?

Does anyone have links to announcement clips from NSD?
Old 02-06-2014, 01:23 AM   #4607
lfowens
Recruit

lfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: 2015 - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside

We need to offer this kid now and get a commit from him ASAP. The fellow can play and he is currently under the radar (in terms of Stars). Get his commitment now - he is worth it. Have seen him play locally football and basketball. Go COCKS!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:39 AM   #4608
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Could Charone play a role in this for Clemson?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #4609
Reeser
4-Star

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5YbS...ature=youtu.be

Chris Lammons
Old 02-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #4610
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Chris couldnt wait to turn that hat sideways..err
Old 02-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #4611
colnago
Recruit

Male

colnago is learning to peck
Default Rankings Question

Did there not used to be a site, I think it was Rivals, that used to rank the teams in terms of specific positions, for example, OL or DE, etc ? I would have to think our class would rank pretty high in terms of DBs. Never been a huge star counter as I have always felt our coaching staff does more with 2 & 3 stars than most do with 4 and 5s.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #4612
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rankings Question

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...s=&Position=14

I pulled a few out that jumped out as good DB classes

team ranked DB players

bama 2,4

auburn 11, 12, 13

Fla 3, 9, 21

SC 17, 26, 37, 44

arky 42, 43, 50

UGA 6

UCLA 7, 8 39

We certainly got the most depth of top 50 db's. but auburn did well and bama seems to only get 5*'s these days.

I like our depth, coach will make them great.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #4613
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

TN - #11-S, #18-CB, #19-S, #22-CB, #24-S

All 4 stars.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #4614
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94320
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Did there not used to be a site, I think it was Rivals, that used to rank the teams in terms of specific positions, for example, OL or DE, etc ? I would have to think our class would rank pretty high in terms of DBs. Never been a huge star counter as I have always felt our coaching staff does more with 2 & 3 stars than most do with 4 and 5s.
Rivals use to do it, but I can't find it anymore.

Scout has it now, but it's Scout, soo......

http://southcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...view=3&yr=2014

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #4615
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liquor

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Discussion: Enrolling early

Was just curious. I've noticed a lot of teams have about 4-6 guys committed for 2014, already enrolled. Clemson has a handful and Tenn also had quite a few. I know we had Lamin enroll early, but is that something our coaches dont push for? Or was this just a year where we didn't have guys who could enroll early? Would have loved to have had a couple db's enroll in Jan.

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #4616
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Enrollling early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Was just curious. I've noticed a lot of teams have about 4-6 guys committed for 2014, already enrolled. Clemson has a handful and Tenn also had quite a few. I know we had Lamin enroll early, but is that something our coaches dont push for? Or was this just a year where we didn't have guys who could enroll early? Would have loved to have had a couple db's enroll in Jan.
We had 14 which is just insane.

It is something that is starting to become very popular the past 2 years. I bet you see your coaches start pushing for it as much as possible.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #4617
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit
Default Discussion: Def End and 2015

I think it's safe to say we got some quality depth at Def End in this class.

Thomas, Sawyer, McClain, Wideman, Ritchie.

Did we get too much?
Can we hang on to 2015 commits/targets?

Please don't insert the usual response of "trust the coaches". We all trust the coaches, okay?

It's a valid point to realize we may not be able to hold on to these guys in 2015
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 02-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #4618
lfowens
Recruit

lfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervouslfowens is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
Could Charone play a role in this for Clemson?
What does this statement mean?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #4619
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1049400
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Def End and 2015

I think Wideman, McClain are going to grow into DTs. Thomas only has two years I beleive.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #4620
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Def End and 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I think Wideman, McClain are going to grow into DTs. Thomas only has two years I beleive.
If Wideman and McClain can plug the gap at DE for next year (pun intended), we should be in good shape for 2015...

Closed Thread