CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
spareparts
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
The Yancey
Sindarius Thornwell (1099)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (803)
Well gameday just go (561)
Happy Birthday, Coac (499)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (428)
Your most famous twi (399)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (385)
South Carolina @ Aub (264)
Softball takes final (180)
Lattimore's return. (128)
Lattimore's return. An ar
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Gamecock cheerleader with
GTA V online
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
How to cut the mustard
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 02-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Ultima Fans: Check out SOTA

NOTE: Before reading any further, if you ultimately wish to play and sign up ahead of time, you can use my email jonathantmcknight@gmail.com as a referral. I got in early enough to qualify for certain rewards and can share some of them along to you guys as I progress. The more people I have sign up with my referral, the higher I go. So if you pledge more than $45 and get that slot, please consider entering my address.

Now, I wanted to let you guys know I will be looking into a game this fall. The same guy that developed the Ultima series has come up with this particular game, it is crowd sourced and funded by the players. Here is the website:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

You can, of course, find all sorts of data there. Some big concepts:

1. There is an “offline” or campaign mode you can play solo, as well as a MMO concept. You can think of this similarly to things like Halo I guess, with a local campaign and an online option as well, but the map isn't that segmented.
2. The MMO has flags of differing options of who you see when you go online. You can see yourself only, friends, roleplayers, all individuals, or any particular combination of those that you choose.
3. Outside of your purchase ($45 gets you the full game I think) there is no monthly fee. There are a lot of add-ons, but none are necessary to playing. This is the primary way they want to fund the project so they can do what the players ask first and foremost, not a bigger company like Sony.
4. This is still being developed with input coming from those who pledge, so it can grow into something pretty big.

So if you were a fan of the Ultima series, Lord British has described this as the game you've waited 15 years for. Hope to see you there.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
GamecockInAugusta
Honor, Duty, Apostrophes.

Male

CockyCash: 10019050
GamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPitGamecockInAugusta rules the CockPit
Default Re: Ultima Fans: Check out SOTA

Tempting. I played UO back in the day, but what I want to know about this game is whether or not it has split the world into two shards like they did a long time ago with Felucca and Trammel. That was the downfall of UO to me. The point of UO was the rampant and unyielding PvP that was everywhere you went. Bands of PKs roaming around towns, "neighborhood" wars like we had when I lived a little west of Vesper. That's what made UO great. It made it real. You could actually die and have all your stuff taken by some jerk if you got caught prancing around with your longsword of vanquishing and 20k gold. You would get ganked 50 feet from town and you would get your friends together and go find the PK bastard.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInAugusta View Post
Tempting. I played UO back in the day, but what I want to know about this game is whether or not it has split the world into two shards like they did a long time ago with Felucca and Trammel. That was the downfall of UO to me. The point of UO was the rampant and unyielding PvP that was everywhere you went. Bands of PKs roaming around towns, "neighborhood" wars like we had when I lived a little west of Vesper. That's what made UO great. It made it real. You could actually die and have all your stuff taken by some jerk if you got caught prancing around with your longsword of vanquishing and 20k gold. You would get ganked 50 feet from town and you would get your friends together and go find the PK bastard.
Check out the videos and website. I know exactly what you mean when you describe the game.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Wanted to make an update: For the next two months I can gift a founder pledge to you guys. Founders are people who contributed before March, 2013. But a founder can gift a founder pledge to others. Founders get exclusive gear and options for housing that those who pledge later do not get. If you are interested in finding out about that, PM me.