CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
thekob
Roosterboy
l^l^lBGCock
Bed Sores
markp_vip
TheUniversityofSC
dixiecock
The Yancey
COCKYTALKIN
Conflict with Aggies (5334)
Skai Moore not start (3851)
New JK Video Imminen (2307)
Spurrier on a&m (2030)
Kyle Carpenter to le (1755)
Old Footage from WB (1151)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1114)
One of the great thi (629)
Defensive Backfield (571)
The Field (543)
GAME
Spurrier winning at footb
NCAA FB: Abilene Christia
Centerplate CEO, Des Hagu
The 3-4
Kyle Carpenter to lead Ga
Sandstorm towels
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Lay's Potato Chip Flavor
One of the great things a

Old 02-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Marshall4usc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Marshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his comb
Default Player Rank by Offers

Thought this was interesting...
http://rankbyoffers.wordpress.com/2015fbprospects/

From this list we currently have 4 in the top 131 committed for 2015. With a few more uncommitted in state.

Also based on this same methodoly BAW was ranked #18.

Marshall4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Player Rank by Offers

I only see 2015 but we still have several guys on the list. Interesting.

Correction, I see where you can change back to 2014.

Last edited by gamecock88; 02-07-2014 at 09:49 AM.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

nm
Old 02-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Most interesting note, the weighted value of the offers dictates the value of each offer. They list South Carolina as #1 most valuable offer. Bama is 2nd and so forth.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

There are a lot of Florida and Georgia players on that 2015 list.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #6
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

Arden Key is #9, Minkah fitzpatrick is #12. We have good shot at both.
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #7
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons
Default IRe: Player Rank by Offers

There are "offers."

Then, there are "commitable offers."

When I see a kid with early offers from every school in the Top Ten, I think: "this kid might be special."

When I see Saban, Spurrier and Richt doing in home visits the last week before NSD, I say " this kid is PROBABLY special (BAW)
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

There are a ton of offers yet to be made, so I don't see the value in this at this point in time. Maybe 6 months from now it might have value. But the players are already ranked by various services, all this will do is create the same result. The best players always have the most offers from top 25 schools. Another thing, most offers are regional. I doubt we've offered many players west of Texas. Only the schools with the biggest recruiting budgets will offer kids from all over the country.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #9
kokocock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
kokocock has feathers coming inkokocock has feathers coming in

What if a player commits (a real commitment) and let's it be known to other schools...wouldn't they be less likely to extend an offer?
kokocock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #10
Marshall4usc
Blue Chip

Male

Marshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his comb

New site location: http://www.rankbyoffers.com/2015fbplayers/

Marshall4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #11
Toneski
Walk On

Male

Toneski is learning to peckToneski is learning to peck

Interesting site. I like the idea but question the limited methodology for weighting the value of an offer. The site needs to go back further than 3 years of BCS rankings to measure offer value.....having us as the most valuable offer over Alabama and some others is questionable.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #12
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in
Default Re: IRe: Player Rank by Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
There are "offers."

Then, there are "commitable offers."
I understand what a "commitable offer" is... we offer, should u wish u accept you attend our school. I understand how a commitable offer could be pulled. A position fills etc.
I understand an offer can be contingent on qualifying and only become commitable once the kid can actually attend. guess all offers have that condition. I understand a school can offer a walk on opportunity which is labeled as such.

I don't understand how a school can "offer" a schoolie to a kid who is qualified and thus able to accept and follow thru except he can't because the offer of a schoolie doesn't actually include a schoolie??
I can claim I am offering you an envelope full of money and even extend a hand holding an envelope. I can call the envelope anything I want but if the envelope doesn't have any money in it then it is NOT an envelope full of money. No matter what I called it in truth I did not offer you an envelope full of $$ and thus what was the point?
thanks in advance WVP
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #13
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Needs updating, Key is now a Gamecock and he's on that list. We have him and Pittman on there.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #14
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: IRe: Player Rank by Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
I understand what a "commitable offer" is... we offer, should u wish u accept you attend our school. I understand how a commitable offer could be pulled. A position fills etc.
I understand an offer can be contingent on qualifying and only become commitable once the kid can actually attend. guess all offers have that condition. I understand a school can offer a walk on opportunity which is labeled as such.

I don't understand how a school can "offer" a schoolie to a kid who is qualified and thus able to accept and follow thru except he can't because the offer of a schoolie doesn't actually include a schoolie?? The question is: "when is a "real Offer" made?"
I can claim I am offering you an envelope full of money and even extend a hand holding an envelope. I can call the envelope anything I want but if the envelope doesn't have any money in it then it is NOT an envelope full of money. No matter what I called it in truth I did not offer you an envelope full of $$ and thus what was the point?
thanks in advance WVP

There are no PROVABLE offers until August 1st, when written offers are mailed to kids. However, these written offers don't appear to be binding. It would be interesting if a kid sent a written acceptance of a written offer, and the school tried to renege. In Contract Law, a written offer and written acceptance is (usually) a contract

Even then, the offer is retractable - as is the "commitment."

The only REAL, Binding OFFER is when the school sends the kid a written Letter of Intent to sign on NSD. But schools have even dishonored those contracts due to oversigning.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote