CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
b381l
Yearofthegamecock
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
Pw00132
garnet_black215
HeadCockFan
More David Williams (4386)
Spurrier was Embaras (4010)
Spurrier not happy s (3377)
Polls (2763)
Gameday in Columbia (2468)
Tonight's ugly win w (1897)
Gameday Sign Ideas (1891)
Curse of the Chicken (1535)
Our wide receivers w (1288)
D line pressure (1123)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Dylan Thompson's passing
D line pressure
Polls
Let's talk about Maty Mau
Kendrick salley
Rank the SEC starting QBs
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Why Weren't We Better Pre
Gameday Sign Ideas

Old 02-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
35-21
The Thickened Chicken

Male

CockyCash: 200
35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly
Default Look who is ahead of Clemson...

...in BR's post-NSD preseason top 25. North Carolina!!!

Full Top 25

Normally I wouldn't post Bleacher report here, since it is frowned upon, but this was too funny. Just thought everyone would get a kick out of it. BTW, we are at 11, which I think is probably fair.
35-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Look who is ahead of Clemson...

Everyone always lists last years champions as if they get to play all over again.

FSU is not winning back to back.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I hate preseason rankings with a passion. They always go to schools who have that "big name". The best and easiest way is to keep the rankings of the schools of last year. Why does USC have to battle through 10 spots for #1 when the team last year busted it's butt to get that #4 ranking. Make it easy on everyone and get rid of the stupid guessing game called preseason rankings.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I hate preseason rankings with a passion. They always go to schools who have that "big name". The best and easiest way is to keep the rankings of the schools of last year. Why does USC have to battle through 10 spots for #1 when the team last year busted it's butt to get that #4 ranking. Make it easy on everyone and get rid of the stupid guessing game called preseason rankings.
I get your point, but you have to guess eventually, because unless you wait until week 5 or so, you really have no idea of the top 25 rankings.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Screw BR and their damn Slideshow Articles.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
this times one thousand.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
I get your point, but you have to guess eventually, because unless you wait until week 5 or so, you really have no idea of the top 25 rankings.
I think using last seasons rankings would suffice. Heck hasn't Auburn come out of nowhere this past year, and 2010 to go to the NCG? I don't remember them being ranked week 1 in both seasons IIRC. The playoff is the first step to making it better.

Now to mention it, this is pointless because the committee will be looking at the games from all angles, and hopefully ranking fairly. The AP, and Coaches poll are pointless now.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Screw RM and his damn Roadside Articles.
This is what I say about articles written by Ron Morris.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #9
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I think using last seasons rankings would suffice. Heck hasn't Auburn come out of nowhere this past year, and 2010 to go to the NCG? I don't remember them being ranked week 1 in both seasons IIRC. The playoff is the first step to making it better.

Now to mention it, this is pointless because the committee will be looking at the games from all angles, and hopefully ranking fairly. The AP, and Coaches poll are pointless now.
even if you use last year's rankings you're still guessing that the changes that each team went through did not impact their ability to win in the next season. rankings are messy in college sports always will be. the committee won't change this they will just give us another mostlikely equally flawed poll.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35-21 View Post
...in BR's post-NSD preseason top 25. North Carolina!!!

Full Top 25

Normally I wouldn't post Bleacher report here, since it is frowned upon, but this was too funny. Just thought everyone would get a kick out of it. BTW, we are at 11, which I think is probably fair.
taters aren't going to be able to replace all their experienced skill players...
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #11
NinjaSven
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Wanna know what I think? Go to the next slide and I will tell you what.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #12
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Woooo second.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #13
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

I don't see Watson starting over Stoudt. Stoudt was solid when he played last year and I think he will at least get the first look as this as he has many years in this offense.

Damn I cant wait for football to start back.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #14
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
I don't see Watson starting over Stoudt. Stoudt was solid when he played last year and I think he will at least get the first look as this as he has many years in this offense.

Damn I cant wait for football to start back.
No pt for swaggy?
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #15
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
No pt for swaggy?
Either Stoudt or Watson.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #16
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

But That Kid Be Dope, Mane. Why Wont You Play Him?

Sir Cuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

BR, JUST POST A DAMN LIST!!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #18
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

So they got 2 SEC teams in the top 10........... Right...
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote