CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
sporkgod50
StormOfTalons
b381l
Rooster'srule
Lonnie
auslander
Elcid99 (1860)
Tennessee (1191)
PSU drops a prospect (986)
Erin Murray's brothe (759)
Question on Student (673)
Bad movies that are (546)
John Abraham DUI (474)
Camp scheduled relea (443)
Mizzou WR suspended (355)
Rokevious Watkins cu (244)
Mizzou WR suspended for s
Green and Lammons
An Aggies View of the Mat
My predictions for 2014
Clemson Recruiting...how
PSU drops a prospect beca
EVE Online
Elcid99
Best Offensive "Trip
Official SEC Network and

Old 02-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Just a bad @ss video of DJ Swag .......

This guy brought it every game and I miss watching him play for the Cocks. Hopefully the Legion of Boom - nickname the 2014 Class of DB's have named themselves - play like Swag. I am sure this video is a oldie but it sure is a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/v/A5RtgFMV0Cs
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Just a bad @ss video of DJ Swag .......

Great video! One of the best leaders on our Defense, ever. Also, lives up to the name Swag.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Miss him, he sure knew how to apply force.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Man I miss that guy. I'll never forget that Arkansas game when he threw the football into the stands after the pick 6. My house almost came down from everybody jumping and shouting.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
davisd9
4-Star

Male

davisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talons

Dj's hits reminds me of John Lynch, just nasty. Wish they had the UTk and Miss State interceptions for a few years ago in the video.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Remerging make us miss him more.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I'm just glad there's not another secondary nicknamed the Legion of Boom and that we're original in calling ours that.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
I'm just glad there's not another secondary nicknamed the Legion of Boom and that we're original in calling ours that.
This still being talked about?

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Really wished we had that kind of leader on defense that past season. I know Vic was probably close, but man when you have someone like that as your vocal leader...amazing things happen.

Hoping BAW can provide that kinda of vocal leadership this coming season. Something tells me that he's just chompin' at the bit to lead this team!
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Swag was a leader who led with more than just his mouth. That kid had a nose for the ball and could lower the boom. He made so many gamechanging plays. I wish they had included the UT int.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Proof recruiting services ain't all they cracked up to beat.
3-star guy out of high school.

I almost prefer those guys...the feel slighted and play with a chip on their shoulder because they know they are better than the "experts" say.

He may have been a 3-star, but he gave 5-star effort and developed into a solid player.

Guys ranked ahead of him..Jawanza Starling (So Cal)
Darren Myles (UT)
Janzen Jackson (UT)
Ray RAy Armstrong (Miami)
T.J. McDonald (So Cal)
Craig Loston (LSU)

Outside of Loston, I think Swearinger out performed all those guys.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #12
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Really wished we had that kind of leader on defense that past season. I know Vic was probably close, but man when you have someone like that as your vocal leader...amazing things happen.

Hoping BAW can provide that kinda of vocal leadership this coming season. Something tells me that he's just chompin' at the bit to lead this team!
Not sure who they intimidating leader will be.
Skai seems more like a silent leader...maybe time for Brison Williams to step up.

Golightly plays with Swagger, just needs to get more consistent.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Proof recruiting services ain't all they cracked up to beat.
3-star guy out of high school.

I almost prefer those guys...the feel slighted and play with a chip on their shoulder because they know they are better than the "experts" say.

He may have been a 3-star, but he gave 5-star effort and developed into a solid player.

Guys ranked ahead of him..Jawanza Starling (So Cal)
Darren Myles (UT)
Janzen Jackson (UT)
Ray RAy Armstrong (Miami)
T.J. McDonald (So Cal)
Craig Loston (LSU)

Outside of Loston, I think Swearinger out performed all those guys.
Tenacity and straight up nastiness don't enter into the recruiting site's measurement formulas.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #14
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

gamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
This guy brought it every game and I miss watching him play for the Cocks. Hopefully the Legion of Boom - nickname the 2014 Class of DB's have named themselves - play like Swag. I am sure this video is a oldie but it sure is a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/v/A5RtgFMV0Cs
God that nickname is stupid. 1.) its been done 2.) they named themselves. That is lame. Please don't call them that name.
"C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up." - Boobie Wilds #22
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #15
TakeEM
Recruit

Male

TakeEM has feathers coming inTakeEM has feathers coming inTakeEM has feathers coming in

Agree with all above. Can't say enough good things about DJ.
TakeEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #16
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Darin Smalls from this class reminds me a little of DJ. Idk how his temperament on the field is but he can stick some guys. Hopefully he works as hard as DJ did in school.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #17
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Awww, yea, dis yo boy "SWAG" money.....reppin

Please, for the love of all things holy, stop using the word "swag" so it will die.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #18
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

the video aint workin for me. can i get another link?
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #19
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post

Please, for the love of all things holy, stop using the word "swag" so it will die.
This is coming from someone who hates the word:

DJ has earned the right to use that monicker. He exemplifies swagger and what it means to carry that onto the football field.

As far as I am concerned, I'd be fine if he changed his name to that. He aligns himself with the definition in a way that I haven't seen replicated regarding that word.

On a different note, if we would have had DJ this year, we would have gone to ATL, and we would've been 12-0 upon arrival. Think about it. The games we lost were due to a lack of leadership on D when it was needed most. I might even be daring enough to say we would have been in Pasadena.
eatlighting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #20
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post

GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote