CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
WeStill0wnUSC
sanford
garnet_black215
rdwylie
MWard
B-G
75CarolinaFan
Vic Beasley On Clown (1696)
Another A&M aggi (1351)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1268)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (673)
Asheville/Spartanbur (438)
2016 - Terrance Davi (384)
Green and Lammons (376)
2016 - Anthony " (316)
It's Cover Two's bda (233)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (205)
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia Defensive returni
Green and Lammons
Official WWE Thread
Nashville
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Predict Clemson 2014

Old 02-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #41
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Life Without Clowney......

I think y'all will miss Shaw more. He could will the entire team to victory.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #42
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

I agree. Shaw is a much bigger loss. Bastard always made plays.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #43
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Get ready to find out why we win, and it wasn't just because Shaw was one hell of a QB.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #44
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'm guessing we will see more Rabbits package on 2nd or 3rd and long. I think we will see less pressure from the ends and more pressure (blitz) from linebackers, spur, and corner or safety. Because of losing Clowney, Quarles, and Sutton, our linebackers have to show a lot of growth, but my best guess is that Lamin Dukes, Dixon Jr, and Griffin will all get significant PT inside along with Surratt, and Dixon 44 and J Thomas will anchor the outside. English, Mason, and maybe a freshman will be called on as Rabbits.
I'm guessing we get more team sacks because of opponents using more dropback and less step-and-throw, but will probably get beat deep some. We hardly ever got beat deep this year, but gave up some long plays on underneath throws because of pooooor LB coverage, and awful angles by corners and safeties.
I expect to see far less running aimed at our left side.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:28 AM   #45
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Get ready to find out why we win, and it wasn't just because Shaw was one hell of a QB.

Shaw is to USC as Brady is to the Patriots. He was an all around athlete that could throw the ball well and had great instincts for the most part.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #46
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Shaw is to USC as Brady is to the Patriots. He was an all around athlete that could throw the ball well and had great instincts for the most part.
Thanks....he developed into a guy that defenses had to prepare for and became a legitimate dual threat. No team has felt this more than Mizzou.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #47
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervous

I wasn't sad to see Lattimore go, I was more thrilled for him.

For me it was the leadership DJ Swearinger brought to the game. I had no idea who would step up and as we see it was Shaw and to a lesser extent, Clowney.

I think Thompson will step up and be a leader this year. He is already the spiritual leader for the team.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #48
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Clowney was sure fun to watch, wasn't he? Glad I got to see him play and glad he was a Gamecock on his way to what we hope is superstardom, like Alshon.

Also I disagree that he had a bad year, and I wanted to throw something at the TV every time I heard dipsh*t analysts talk about how our D had their hands on their hips. That kind of "talking point" coverage is just show biz BS.

Our coaches will do what they do very well, they will take the players we have and build around their strengths and weaknesses. Our game will be different but it will still be good. Football season cannot get here fast enough.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #49
gameock4life
Walk On

Male

gameock4life is learning to peck

i think we will have a fine year, we will miss the big man. We have plenty of talent on the D to be a top SEC Defense. Im more worried about losing Connor. Hope Dylan has a good year for us
gameock4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #50
Master Bedroom
Blue Chip

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
I think y'all will miss Shaw more. He could will the entire team to victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
I agree. Shaw is a much bigger loss. Bastard always made plays.
I know right...too bad there isnt another qb on this team already that knows how to win a big road game...or a rivalry game on the road even...
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #51
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I'm more worried about Life without Shaw.
Ditto!
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote