CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks321
QCB
l^l^lBGCock
So Disappointed With (2634)
Rank the QBs under S (1859)
Back like cooked cra (1478)
No Comments on the H (801)
Who start on the d l (714)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (231)
Gameday parking in A (163)
Call of Duty: Advanc (118)
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Tennessee game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
So Disappointed With The
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Back like cooked crack

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #21
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

I think it's ridiculous you people are trying to act like this was some grand demonstration of religious hypocrisy.

They booed their rival team's quarterback. Give me a damn break.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #22
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Christian is such a broadly used term these days, tons of people call themselves Christians, but they are really few and far between. Many want to be known as Christians, but many of those don't want to put in the practice of what they are taught. Add those in to how nonbelievers think Christians are not allowed to be imperfect, and it really thins the group down.

From what Dad 1531 said, it sounded like good concert and that Shaw may have spurred them a little after the small group of initial boos, big deal. I agree with Hoodrow Wilson.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #23
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

I'm sure it was nothing compared to what he'll get when he takes the field in San Fran as a Seahawk
Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #24
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
this is almost like saying a concert in irmo isnt a concert in cola so you should be ok.....

just pick up a greenville news one day and you will see.....Greenville = Clemson
Not really. I live in Spartanburg and there are definitely plenty of Gamecocks here. Certainly more taters up here than in the midlands, but we are well represented here.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #25
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I'm not morally superior to anyone...I'm just a sinner saved by Grace through faith. If that makes someone feel the need to put me down, then I'm not exactly sure what to say

Old 02-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #26
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky chick View Post
Not really. I live in Spartanburg and there are definitely plenty of Gamecocks here. Certainly more taters up here than in the midlands, but we are well represented here.

Of course there are Gamecock fans living there, but Greenville is Clemson country.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #27
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I love it that people in this thread will jump on any opportunity to slam Christianity...freaking joke and shows an absolute ignorance/intolerance to Christianity...if you don't understand, read 2000's post
Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #28
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
I think it's ridiculous you people are trying to act like this was some grand demonstration of religious hypocrisy.

They booed their rival team's quarterback. Give me a damn break.
Sorry but it has clearly been determined in this thread that you can not be a Christian and a sports fan.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #29
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Ok, I lived in Greenville from 1989 until 2012. Most of the Clemson people are just like us except they like Clemson instead of South Carolina. If you ever go out of South Carolina for a while, like I have in my travels, I promise you that absence will make the heart grow fonder. In fact, if you are on the west coast or out of the USA, and happen to meet a Clemson fan, you will find an immediate connection (college football, South Carolina, passionate football fan). We have a lot more in common with the common Clemson fan than you realize. And, these other folks are wrong. Most Clemson fans are just fine as people and I consider many friends. Even the obnoxious ones are just trying to have a little fun. Maybe 5% are idiots, but that is possibly stretching it.

As far as the booing, so what? Christians in Columbia would boo Tajh Boyd if he were introduced as the QB of Clemson Univeristy. God never said Christians aren't allowed to have fun. In fact, one of the benefits is joy. It was USC that a few of them are booing . . . not Connor. Face it, what else have they got right now?

Shaq Attack
Old 02-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #30
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I'm not morally superior to anyone...I'm just a sinner saved by Grace through faith.
Gee...you just described me....excepts sometimes I feel morally inferior.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I've told the story here quite a few times as to why, once I started pulling
for South Carolina, I grew to despise Clemson and most of their fans. I
grew up in Simpsonville and in and around Greenville. Both sides had their
"rude" crowds, but BY FAR, Clemson fans were extremely hateful and
obnoxious to be around. ... When I tell Clemson fans about my younger
days up there, they tell me that I am making most of it up, or exaggerating
the extent of it, and tell me the 90% of the Clemson fans are respectful
and classy people. ... They can say that all they want to, but 48 years of
living in that area, and being a Gamecock fan for 37 years of that 48, I
KNOW what their general fanbase is like and this right here is a PRIME
example of it.
As an Upstate resident and Gamecock fan...I feel the exact same way. And you are not exaggerating.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #32
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Gee...you just described me....excepts sometimes I feel morally inferior.
Ain't that the truth...i know exactly what you mean

Old 02-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #33
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I've been to a Winter Jam concert and while it is a religious concert, it's FREE and draws a lot of people that would otherwise not go near anything religious.

Just an FYI.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #34
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I work with and am friends with a lot of tater fans. Most of them are just as rabid as Gamecock fans. The difference is that while many of them are civil a large part of them are downright nasty about it. I've dropped more than one friend on facebook because some of their other friends would let loose with obscene tirades any time USC or especially Spurrier was mentioned. To me, tater and uga fans are about on the same level. Students and actual alumni are ok for the most part, but fans are redneck and obnoxious.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #35
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

cocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurscocksman08 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I'm not morally superior to anyone...I'm just a sinner saved by Grace through faith. If that makes someone feel the need to put me down, then I'm not exactly sure what to say

Amen brother
Old 02-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #36
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Who really cares? Connor had a good time with it I'm sure. Doesn't make them any less Christians or him any more a Gamecock. Lighten up nancies.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #37
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Winter Jam sounds like a wild time.

It was. It's a rock concert where church will break out at any moment. But it's not free like someone said. It's usually $10 at the door, first come first serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #38
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Wwjd?
Old 02-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #39
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

It was just some booing, Connor doesn't care.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #40
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Sorry but it has clearly been determined in this thread that you can not be a Christian and a sports fan.
Tell that to Baseline Jesus.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Closed Thread