CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
Thenardier
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1868)
Can Tennessee get to (1278)
ESPN Article on HBC (1028)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (830)
Spread vs. aTm (769)
2 Crazy things (766)
Lindy's top 100 for (727)
Chick Redefines the (725)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (621)
The Bama series (506)
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #41
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I'm not morally superior to anyone...I'm just a sinner saved by Grace through faith. If that makes someone feel the need to put me down, then I'm not exactly sure what to say.
Agreed. People who are true Christians are more likely to feel their moral inferiority when comparing their behavior to what it ought to be - the behavior of Jesus.

I try not to talk football at church, Christian concerts, or any other place which is distinctly Christian. The hatred between fans amazes me. I don't understand why I can't admire a kid on a team I don't cheer for.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #42
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

What a horrible Christian witness that makes! Glad Connor has a sense of humor.

My dislike for Clemson runs deep, but I can swear on a stack of Bibles I would NEVER boo Tajh Boyd -- anywhere. He's a fine young man that kept it classy during his time at Clemson. We just happened to have his number; that's all.

Personally, I don't believe in booing collegiate athletes anyway. They aren't professionals (except for Auburn and Clemson, maybe).
Old 02-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
Just curious, what kind of reception would Whitehurst get at a concert in Columbia?
I know I wouldn't boo him at a Christian show. By no means do I think I am more righteous than Clemson fans or anyone else for that matter. Heard a story years back about how Whitehurst and his girlfriend at the time went to a Columbia area Waffle House soon after his senior season at Clemson and he received a round of applause.

Personally I think if Tajh Boyd had shown up at the event last night most Carolina fans would shout "one more year".
Old 02-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #44
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Sorry but it has clearly been determined in this thread that you can not be a Christian if you don't love terrible music.
FIFY
Old 02-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #45
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I don't see a problem. Connor owns them and they hate it. They, boo he taunts them back for their trouble. It's just fun stuff.

By the way I live in the upstate. Spartanburg is 50/50 USC vs Clemson. Greenville is closer to 70/30 Clemson...probably higher.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #46
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I'm not morally superior to anyone...I'm just a sinner saved by Grace through faith. If that makes someone feel the need to put me down, then I'm not exactly sure what to say
Wait so you're one of the few christians who believes that christians have no reason to tell other people how to live their lives or who/if to worship? If so i'd like to shake your hand because your a true ambassador for your beliefs. If however you believe that only your religious views are correct and all other views will get you deservedly punished (sent to hell), then believe it or not that means you consider yourself morally superior. Its this belief in moral superiority that gets christians mocked when one of the flock acts up.its not an intolerance of cchristians specifically, its an intolerance of people who act/think they are better than everyone else.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #47
Master Bedroom
Blue Chip

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

This thread is the freaking lolympics
Old 02-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #48
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

I would add, that with the sound of booing, just a few doing it sounds like a lot doing it, but probably fewer than you think (% wise of the total crowd).

Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #49
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
Wait so you're one of the few christians who believes that christians have no reason to tell other people how to live their lives or who/if to worship? If so i'd like to shake your hand because your a true ambassador for your beliefs. If however you believe that only your religious views are correct and all other views will get you deservedly punished (sent to hell), then believe it or not that means you consider yourself morally superior. Its this belief in moral superiority that gets christians mocked when one of the flock acts up.its not an intolerance of cchristians specifically, its an intolerance of people who act/think they are better than everyone else.
Your argument assumes that the Christian faith is not based upon truth. Or, maybe you're one of those people who don't believe that there is any truth at all. Some have that philosophy.

Myself, I believe there exists truth. It is incumbent upon us who choose to do so, to seek it. Personally, I have found the truth and he is a person.

OTH, you should ask yourself. What if the Christian belief is the truth? Would Christians who attempt to share the truth with others be worthy of mockery as hypocrites or intolerant people? Obviously, the answer to this is no. Therefore, your argument hinges upon your belief that Christianity is not the truth.

Do you have a truth you believe in?

Shaq Attack
Old 02-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #50
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Your argument assumes that the Christian faith is not based upon truth. Or, maybe you're one of those people who don't believe that there is any truth at all. Some have that philosophy.

Myself, I believe there exists truth. It is incumbent upon us who choose to do so, to seek it. Personally, I have found the truth and he is a person.

OTH, you should ask yourself. What if the Christian belief is the truth? Would Christians who attempt to share the truth with others be worthy of mockery as hypocrites or intolerant people? Obviously, the answer to this is no. Therefore, your argument hinges upon your belief that Christianity is not the truth.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #51
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Old 02-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #52
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I'm sorry, but I would boo Tajh Boyd, and that has nothing to do with my faith. It's a part of the rivalry; therefore, it is a part of what makes our state great.

Now, if Tajh were giving a eulogy at a funeral I happened to be attending, then no, he would get a pass.

So, if I would lightheartedly boo a guy who threw more INTs than TDs against us, you can just imagine how the Taters feel about one of, if not the best, quarterback in Gamecock history. Haters gonna hate.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #53
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:

I realize this thread is on the way to getting deleted.

Lets say for instance that I was one of the 1 Billion Muslims in this world. How would I be perceived if I were on here sharing my truth?... and Islam is just one of the 4200 religious faiths that are actively being practiced in the world. I keep my mouth shut when it comes to religion. I actually pride myself in not being one of "those" guys who tries to tell everyone they are wrong for not believing what I believe.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #54
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
I realize this thread is on the way to getting deleted.

Lets say for instance that I was one of the 1 Billion Muslims in this world. How would I be perceived if I were on here sharing my truth?... and Islam is just one of the 4200 religious faiths that are actively being practiced in the world. I keep my mouth shut when it comes to religion. I actually pride myself in not being one of "those" guys who tries to tell everyone they are wrong for not believing what I believe.
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists, or agnostics sharing. Anyone who is secure in their belief system should not be offended by other opinions. However, I respect your decision not to because it is (I believe) rooted in a desire not to offend others.

Shaq Attack
Old 02-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #55
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

not sure if thread is serious
Old 02-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #56
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
Just curious, what kind of reception would Whitehurst get at a concert in Columbia?
He would only be holding up 4 fingers though

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
Old 02-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #57
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:

first off there is no christian faith singular. there are many many groups of religious people that base their beliefs off of the reported teachings of christ that as a result may be categorized as christians. some are very loving and accepting of all forms of truth. others are more hatefilled and believe only their interpretation of god's message is correcct and all others will be punished if not in this life in the next. so no the christian faith cannot be the truth because it is not one faith.

As for me personally, I believe in many truths. I believe that if there is a god, they would care more about what you do to help your fellow man. Jesus reported shared this belief, "what you do unto the least of these you have done to me". I also believe that if there is a god worth worshiping they would not love me more than the 3+ billion people that live in china and india. So I do not believe that evangelical christianity is the only truth that get you into heaven because for that to be true, god would have to love me more than at least half of the worlds population because he put them on this earth in places where they will never get the chance to even be exposed to evangelical doctorine.

so yes i believe many truths and many of them from the reported teachings of Jesus in the gospels. Those books contain many beautiful lessons. "just not lest ye be judged", as well as his teachings that expanded the rules from the hebrew bible (the old testament) to include the spirit of the laws and not just the letter of the law.

I don't believe that a god that loving god would put at least half the world at such an extreme disadvantage as to make their only be one way to getting the benefits of his love. I would classify that god not as a loving god but as a pety and hatefilled god. and one that is unworthy of worship. but if you are more capable of doing the mental gymnastics necessary to justify these seemingly conflicting ideas perhaps you have found the truth for you.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #58
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

people who spend their time telling others how they should live their lives , should not consider themselves pursecuted when others in return point out their short comings.

Last edited by sporkgod50; 02-08-2014 at 05:09 PM. Reason: deleted quote because statement was not directed at someone but the topic in general
Old 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #59
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Hey, I'd boo him too, if I were one of them. He won every time. Probably a good-natured boo, but one he earned.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #60
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists, or agnostics sharing. Anyone who is secure in their belief system should not be offended by other opinions. However, I respect your decision not to because it is (I believe) rooted in a desire not to offend others.
Its rooted in my decision to be respectful of others in regards to whatever it is they choose to believe. My beliefs are not popular in the United States, especially in the South, and I recognize that. Im completely okay with with it. Im not sure why "faith" or "believing" without any real evidence is a good thing. I've yet to have someone give me a logical/rational explanation as to why, other than "you'll burn for eternity". Im a reasonable dude and I live by a code of conduct that even falls inline with the last 5-6 commandments.

Im honestly not that concerned about offending others, because I've done and said many offensive things. I stay out of the religious banter because I generally don't care for Christians pushing their beliefs any more than I care for Atheists pushing ours.