CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1663)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (937)
Rest of the season p (914)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (666)
Tennessee Game Time (655)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (648)
Just thought of some (559)
Is Clowney back toni (520)
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Miss St. defense
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Why is everyone anticipat
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #121
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Pathetic.... That is what our bball team is.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #122
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
we won the 2nd half! but seriously i'm still not seeing much improvement
Yeah I have liked some 2nd-half performances we've had, but if we continue to let opponents jump on us by 20 pts or so in the 1st, then it will start to be meaningless. Teams get those huge leads and then will tend to get satisfied and lean back when our team makes a response in the 2nd half.

I want to see more gms where the score is 50-50 at the half, and still on the line for opponents. THEN see if we can out-score them in the 2nd halves. It'll mean more then....

I guess what I'm saying also is I'm getting tired of all these 20+-pt deficits at the half....
Old 02-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #123
ds401
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabercr2 View Post
Henry and ringer are no where near as good as Lchat and Kicinas
I guess defense is more of a problem to me. Also, rebounding is not up to par. Sindarious can't play the whole game. Brenton should be way more aggressive by now. He keeps waiting until the last 3-5 mins to get aggressive.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #124
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Kacinas averaged 26 points and 15 rebounds out of high school believe it or not.
He must've been half a foot taller than just about everyone he was on the floor with.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #125
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think these players like playing for Frank Martin.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #126
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

The loss at Ole Miss has taken a lot out of them.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #127
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

^so did the one at home
Old 02-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #128
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Losses don't even affect me anymore. I've been desensitized.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #129
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Yeah I have liked some 2nd-half performances we've had, but if we continue to let opponents jump on us by 20 pts or so in the 1st, then it will start to be meaningless. Teams get those huge leads and then will tend to get satisfied and lean back when our team makes a response in the 2nd half.

I want to see more gms where the score is 50-50 at the half, and still on the line for opponents. THEN see if we can out-score them in the 2nd halves. It'll mean more then....

I guess what I'm saying also is I'm getting tired of all these 20+-pt deficits at the half....
When the team you're playing is beating the ever living crap out of you they really do not need to try all that hard in the 2nd half. Have you ever noticed with college basketball that teams that get killed do still usually win the 2nd half? That means nothing. We're AWFUL and not showing any signs of improvement.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #130
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainCock View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think these players like playing for Frank Martin.
You're wrong.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #131
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
When the team you're playing is beating the ever living crap out of you they really do not need to try all that hard in the 2nd half. Have you ever noticed with college basketball that teams that get killed do still usually win the 2nd half? That means nothing. We're AWFUL and not showing any signs of improvement.
I've seen definite signs of improvement from L-Chat from last year to this year. Just like I expect to see continued improvement from the guys next season as well.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #132
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Losses don't even affect me anymore. I've been desensitized.
Good for you?
Old 02-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #133
cocky421
Walk On

Male

cocky421 is learning to peck

It is a joke, worse than Horn, but yet you got those garnet colored glasses that will keep defending FM.The fact is he can't coach. K state was doing well when he took over and anit to bad right now. Please remember that these kids they bring in are in D1 ballers and play like it is their first time ever. A good coach can at least teach the basics to bball and none of that has been shown. Hell pay me half of what he makes and I can sit on the bench throw my arms up at the refs and when my players come over go to cursing them out, thats easy. FM is not the guy. I really hope that FM and the ones that believe in him can prove me wrong but I don't see that happening anytime soon. With all this being said I truly hope everyone can prove me wrong and I will eat a crow the size of a cow.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #134
wthforever
Recruit

Male

wthforever is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Well, here is the dilemma. Did we get the best players we could, or Frank got players he thought would fit his system?

I know that may sound sort of stupid, but I would like to think Frank got what he felt was the best he could get. I guess that is where "potential" comes into the play!

For all I know, some of these players that are being criticized, rightfully so in a lot of cases, will come out next year and play very well.

For me, want to give Frank 2=3 years minimum before a serious evaluation. I think Frank has easily earned that much respect.
Everything you say is true and he deserves respect. I hate losing and I hate not playing well but I hate it even more when so-called Gamecock fans get on here and blast everything about the coach and players. It is senseless and immature and for the life of me I don't know why fans can't be patient and support this team and this coach like they should. I guess if your son or daughter was struggling you would kick them out and change the locks. Frustration is one thing, foolishness is quite another.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #135
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainCock View Post
That's what it looks like to me also.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #136
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I don't like my boss either, but I still perform at work for my own advancement.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #137
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Turrible
Old 02-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #138
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I don't like my boss either, but I still perform at work for my own advancement.
What are these kids going to advance to in basketball beyond their time at USC? They should at least be able to have some fun. They aren't playing for a paycheck.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #139
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
What are these kids going to advance to in basketball beyond their time at USC? They should at least be able to have some fun. They aren't playing for a paycheck.
If they don't get any better than this, they shouldn't be playing for a scholarship either. Give some one else a chance.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #140
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthforever View Post
Everything you say is true and he deserves respect. I hate losing and I hate not playing well but I hate it even more when so-called Gamecock fans get on here and blast everything about the coach and players. It is senseless and immature and for the life of me I don't know why fans can't be patient and support this team and this coach like they should. I guess if your son or daughter was struggling you would kick them out and change the locks. Frustration is one thing, foolishness is quite another.
????????? What on God's green Earth are you talking about?
Closed Thread