CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (1852)
Rank the QBs under S (1385)
Back like cooked cra (973)
Tennessee game (656)
Who start on the d l (616)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (461)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (345)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (165)
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #141
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
What are these kids going to advance to in basketball beyond their time at USC? They should at least be able to have some fun. They aren't playing for a paycheck.
If they are, we don't pick employees very well.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #142
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
If they are, we don't pick employees very well.
Yeah, Frank Martin.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #143
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If they don't get any better than this, they shouldn't be playing for a scholarship either. Give some one else a chance.
Oh, someone else will get a chance. At this point, I think it's just a question of how many someones.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #144
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I have to say this is the first game I have missed in a long time. I thought of tuning in halfway through the 2nd half, after looking up the score I could not bring myself to do so. Just terrible.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:38 PM   #145
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky421 View Post
It is a joke, worse than Horn, but yet you got those garnet colored glasses that will keep defending FM.The fact is he can't coach. K state was doing well when he took over and anit to bad right now. Please remember that these kids they bring in are in D1 ballers and play like it is their first time ever. A good coach can at least teach the basics to bball and none of that has been shown. Hell pay me half of what he makes and I can sit on the bench throw my arms up at the refs and when my players come over go to cursing them out, thats easy. FM is not the guy. I really hope that FM and the ones that believe in him can prove me wrong but I don't see that happening anytime soon. With all this being said I truly hope everyone can prove me wrong and I will eat a crow the size of a cow.
It's ok to admit that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #146
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
Oh, someone else will get a chance. At this point, I think it's just a question of how many someones.
If Shamiek Sheppard commits and signs you can say goodbye to someone. If I had to guess right now it's either Theus or Shaw. If politics play into it, bye bye Shaw.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:12 AM   #147
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
If Shamiek Sheppard commits and signs you can say goodbye to someone. If I had to guess right now it's either Theus or Shaw. If politics play into it, bye bye Shaw.
Its definitely Theus, he's barely played at all
Old 02-09-2014, 12:28 AM   #148
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky421 View Post
It is a joke, worse than Horn, but yet you got those garnet colored glasses that will keep defending FM.The fact is he can't coach. K state was doing well when he took over and anit to bad right now. Please remember that these kids they bring in are in D1 ballers and play like it is their first time ever. A good coach can at least teach the basics to bball and none of that has been shown. Hell pay me half of what he makes and I can sit on the bench throw my arms up at the refs and when my players come over go to cursing them out, thats easy. FM is not the guy. I really hope that FM and the ones that believe in him can prove me wrong but I don't see that happening anytime soon. With all this being said I truly hope everyone can prove me wrong and I will eat a crow the size of a cow.
Then give the man a chance to prove you wrong, my goodness.

for willy
Old 02-09-2014, 12:29 AM   #149
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sococky View Post
Who would give more money, Theus family or Shaws family. Not to mention we have yet to bring in a post player for 2014, while adding 1 PG and 2 Wing players. I wouldn't say it's definitely Theus as Shaw is baring seeing action now and would see even less action if Johnson weren't hurt.
Shaw has actually been ok, Theus has not looked good at all in the few minutes he has played
Old 02-09-2014, 12:55 AM   #150
uscJustin06
4-Star

Male

uscJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervous

Just watched the game, ATROCIOUS on offense. Our bigs constantly come out past the 3 point line to receive a pass only to nearly give it away trying to give it right back to the guard. THE DEFENSE KNOWS L CHAT is no threat way out there, it's just pointless to me to do that I just don't get it. Half the time it ends up in a turnover. Brian Steele is running around wayyyy too hard, overplaying everything, airballing 4 foot shots...but did play better once he calmed down but lets be honest, he is not the answer. Henry is one of the worst offensive big men i have ever seen in my life, i've never seen so many bricks and airballs that close to the basket. Apparently no one on our team knows how to hold onto the ball.

I think we overplay everything, every little pass we dive all over the floor like Frank will eat us for dinner tonight if our guys look like they aren't hustling. Playing scared half the time. Too many people on this board were drooling all over some of these late 2* recruits Frank signed. Things are worse now when they were when Horn was here in my opinion. Someone needs to call Greg Marshall and ask him how much money it would take to come coach here. I'm willing to give him my share to fix this mess.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #151
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

I honestly have not paid too much attention to our BB team other than to check the scores of their games, so I have a question or two for those that have paid more attention. Are we this bad? Is it coaching or do we lack quality players? Why do we not seem to be getting any better? Frank Martin strikes me as a decent coach but am I wrong about that? We don't seem to be improving and we are getting blown out by teams that should not be blowing us out. Seems to me we haven't been worth a sh*t since we ran Fogler off. So to all Gamecock BB fans out there- What seems to be our problem and how do we fix it?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #152
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Shaw has actually been ok, Theus has not looked good at all in the few minutes he has played
I agree. But the political point makes sense also. Theus may be kept on if we don't get any additional big man this recruiting cycle.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #153
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

So for all you frank Martin lovers out there, sell me on the fact that he is a good coach and the man for the job.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #154
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
So for all you frank Martin lovers out there, sell me on the fact that he is a good coach and the man for the job.
Get a life.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #155
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
I honestly have not paid too much attention to our BB team other than to check the scores of their games, so I have a question or two for those that have paid more attention. Are we this bad? Is it coaching or do we lack quality players? Why do we not seem to be getting any better? Frank Martin strikes me as a decent coach but am I wrong about that? We don't seem to be improving and we are getting blown out by teams that should not be blowing us out. Seems to me we haven't been worth a sh*t since we ran Fogler off. So to all Gamecock BB fans out there- What seems to be our problem and how do we fix it?
Why do you care? You don't support the team. Why should we have to tell you what's happened this season? Why don't you watch some games on ESPN3? Why don't you attend some games? Why don't you tune in on TV? Why don't you figure out how the Ken Pomeroy statistics can help you understand what the problem is? Why don't you read some books on basketball to help you understand what it takes to be a winning team? Why don't you think critically and for yourself instead of relying on a message board to do it for you?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #156
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscJustin06 View Post
Just watched the game, ATROCIOUS on offense. Our bigs constantly come out past the 3 point line to receive a pass only to nearly give it away trying to give it right back to the guard. THE DEFENSE KNOWS L CHAT is no threat way out there, it's just pointless to me to do that I just don't get it. Half the time it ends up in a turnover. Brian Steele is running around wayyyy too hard, overplaying everything, airballing 4 foot shots...but did play better once he calmed down but lets be honest, he is not the answer. Henry is one of the worst offensive big men i have ever seen in my life, i've never seen so many bricks and airballs that close to the basket. Apparently no one on our team knows how to hold onto the ball.

I think we overplay everything, every little pass we dive all over the floor like Frank will eat us for dinner tonight if our guys look like they aren't hustling. Playing scared half the time. Too many people on this board were drooling all over some of these late 2* recruits Frank signed. Things are worse now when they were when Horn was here in my opinion. Someone needs to call Greg Marshall and ask him how much money it would take to come coach here. I'm willing to give him my share to fix this mess.
I think you're trying too hard to sound like you know what you're talking about. No one is drooling over 2* recruits. Most people understand that it takes time to build a program. You're too dense to get that though.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #157
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Why do you care? You don't support the team. Why should we have to tell you what's happened this season? Why don't you watch some games on ESPN3? Why don't you attend some games? Why don't you tune in on TV? Why don't you figure out how the Ken Pomeroy statistics can help you understand what the problem is? Why don't you read some books on basketball to help you understand what it takes to be a winning team? Why don't you think critically and for yourself instead of relying on a message board to do it for you?

Thanks for your valuable insight, you've been most helpful.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #158
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Get a life.
A very mature and well thought out answer.

It's a simple question, why is he the man for the job?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #159
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
A very mature and well thought out answer.

It's a simple question, why is he the man for the job?
People who have followed the program for a long time are frustrated when others are so quick to write off FM. No one knows if he is the right guy or not at this point, but this program did not get where it is overnight and it will not be fixed in 1 season by a bunch of Fresh and Sophomores.

Martin has shown in his history that he can coach and recruit. We have not had that combination in a coach in 20 years. His destiny has yet to be determined. I remember a program that was something like 0-21 in football, who now is ranked in the top 5. I think what you are hearing is: Support the coach and the team or go back to ignoring them. Bitching about the program doesn't help.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #160
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
People who have followed the program for a long time are frustrated when others are so quick to write off FM. No one knows if he is the right guy or not at this point, but this program did not get where it is overnight and it will not be fixed in 1 season by a bunch of Fresh and Sophomores.

Martin has shown in his history that he can coach and recruit. We have not had that combination in a coach in 20 years. His destiny has yet to be determined. I remember a program that was something like 0-21 in football, who now is ranked in the top 5. I think what you are hearing is: Support the coach and the team or go back to ignoring them. Bitching about the program doesn't help.
I have followed for a long time. Did not miss a game while I was in school. Martin has shown he ca recruit, yes. But I am not sold on him as a coach or a developer of talent. KState had a lot of talent while he was there, talent can cover up coaching, look at Ohio state the past few years. At this point the the season the freshman label does not apply. Fact is the kids still play way to tense. Look at the tam game, they played loose and ran away with it. They have not played the same way since. Too many blow outs. For those who say the players should get tougher skin or whatever to deal with Martin, I ask this, shouldn't a good coach know when to change his style to the players he has? He recruited these kids to play, so he can not blame not having the talent he wants.

Feel free to attack and slam me all you guys want, but ask yourselves this, has the team really improved since game one of the season ?