CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
rosstheboss
markymark550
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
robgusc76
kabercr2
CockTail
2014 Charleston Clas (2688)
clemson game time: N (2269)
The Defense (1781)
**USC Women vs. San (1778)
Women's soccer Sweet (1461)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (948)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (832)
injury report? (617)
In case no one saw.. (605)
USC/clemson spread (561)
2014 Charleston Classic:
USC/clemson spread
Drew Owens missing?
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Tiger Burn
Odell Becham Catch
The Defense
clemson game time: Noon o


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #101
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?
 
eightohhthree's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,420
CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
There is no need for mental gymnastics. There are only those who seek and give God their life, and those who do not.

I do not know, or need to know, who or why God will forgive. I just am glad he has forgiven me. I have faith that God is just and is filled with only good. Therefore, I do not worry about it.

If you wish to debate the philosophy of it, I could do that, but it does not seem important. I just worry for my own relationship with God and hope many others can experience it because it is the most important thing in life.
Which god are we referring to? This is a respectful discussion, it's only appropriate that we differentiate which god, and which religion we are referring to. There are so many that worship god with the same level of conviction (even more in some cases.. those who are willing to die and kill others). I feel fortunate that majority of religious people don't take it to that extreme. Unfortunately, others do. How many Atheists have killed in the name of not having a god to worship? I've never in my life seen a solitary example. Just for a second think of all of the lives that have been lost, and lives that continued to be sacrificed over religious disputes. A sizable portion of world conflict stems from this topic. Judging, Fighting, Killing, What are we doing to ourselves?
__________________
eightohhthree is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #102
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 877
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

For historical proof of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, I recommend reading the works of investigative journalist, Lee Stroebel. An avowed athiest, he set out to disprove the idea that history supported the Bible, and he ended up becoming a Christian because of his research. He earned a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, so he's no slouch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Strobel

The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith,
and The Case for the Real Jesus are particularly good. The Case for a Creator is also well written.

There is no cookie cutter for Christians. There are theological differences which result in the multitude of churches classified as "Christian." I know what I believe, my beliefs are Bible based, and the church I belong to most nearly reflects my beliefs. I differ with the pastor on a few points of Calvinism (I'm about 3 1/2 points, and he is 4.) That does not affect his salvation or mine. I don't decide who goes to hell and who doesn't. In fact, God doesn't decide that either. Each person makes his own decision regarding accepting or rejecting Christ. I make it a practice not to think a person is headed for hell. That isn't my business.
__________________


me4USC is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #103
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?
 
eightohhthree's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,420
CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
For historical proof of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, I recommend reading the works of investigative journalist, Lee Stroebel. An avowed athiest, he set out to disprove the idea that history supported the Bible, and he ended up becoming a Christian because of his research. He earned a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, so he's no slouch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Strobel

The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith,
and The Case for the Real Jesus are particularly good. The Case for a Creator is also well written.

There is no cookie cutter for Christians. There are theological differences which result in the multitude of churches classified as "Christian." I know what I believe, my beliefs are Bible based, and the church I belong to most nearly reflects my beliefs. I differ with the pastor on a few points of Calvinism (I'm about 3 1/2 points, and he is 4.) That does not affect his salvation or mine. I don't decide who goes to hell and who doesn't. In fact, God doesn't decide that either. Each person makes his own decision regarding accepting or rejecting Christ. I make it a practice not to think a person is headed for hell. That isn't my business.
I understand this is not propaganda. My mother was the youth minister at Irmo Pentecostal Holiness Church on Broad River Road. I was there Sunday am, pm, Wednesday night, and for prayer warriors on Thursday night. I fully understand the scope of Christianity. I studied all of the stories growing up. Daniel and the Lions Den, Sodom and Gomorrah, Noah and the Arc, Jonah and the Whale, the Garden of Eden - the Talking Snake. Which part are people supposed to truly "believe"?
__________________
eightohhthree is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:25 AM   #104
Roosterboy
Household Name
 
Roosterboy's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hartwell, Georgia
Posts: 6,957
CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

I still say, if you can't set aside your feelings for a rival QB at a CHRISTIAN/RELIGiOUS EVENT, your priorities are so far out of wack there is no help for you.

Typical Clemson...just a bunch of fake, in name only christians.
__________________
Baseball
SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
CWS Appearances:
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:40 AM   #105
atrain3067
Household Name
 
atrain3067's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 6,674
CockyCash: 825000
atrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot materialatrain3067 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to atrain3067
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

There's been a lot of talk in this thread, and I believe a sincere conversation about the foundations of why we believe what we believe. I trust that those who have raised questions about the Christian faith have done so out of a genuine curiosity and desire to learn. I hope that my assessment of those motivations are correct, and that no one in here is simply just trying to stir the pot as it were.

In my case, I came to know Christ after having grown up in a Christian household, going to church, and the whole bit. A very analytical person, and having a curiosity about how the world works led me to approach things from a very logical and scientific perspective. I too had some of the same questions that some have raised, and until I found the answers, I never proved to my satisfaction that the Bible and the story of Christ's gift to us all were actually true.

So, it is with that sincere and reminiscent heart that I encourage those with questions to indulge their curiosity and simply check out some of the links below. I always had been "taught" that Jesus saved us all, but it was only through evidence like the pieces I share below that I truly "learned" the good news of the grace of Jesus Christ. I implore you, that if you do not know him, seek the answers to your questions. I pray that in some small way, that this will help you in getting the answers you need, and to be able to accept the greatest gift ever given.

From the scientific angle:
Signature in the Cell - Stephen Meyer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbluTDb1Nfs



The Science Behind the Shroud of Turin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE



And I will share a couple of videos from this gentleman, but again, if your skepticism of God and Christianity truly stems from a root of intellectual curiosity, do yourself a favor and check out as many of this man's videos as you have time for. His name is Ravi Zacharias. He has far more experience with other world religions, far more study in various religious theologies, and is a far more eloquent and learned a gentleman than I.

Why I'm Not an Athiest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6aDoOzYN-U



The Existence of God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTVOufIzyPY



And yes, I realize that I tend to ramble and this is a very winded post. Sorry. I truly hope and pray that if anyone does not know Jesus as their Savior, that this may help them come to know Him. If you already know Him, I hope that this post may in some way help you to deepen your knowledge of Him and help you walk closer to Him each and everyday. With that, I will stop typing. Good night, and God bless.
__________________

Last edited by johnnyb; 02-09-2014 at 02:01 AM. Reason: embed videos
atrain3067 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:46 AM   #106
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC
 
sporkgod50's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: seattle
Posts: 3,968
CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I'll attempt to restate

You say God doesn't exist and you don't believe in Him, yet you can't prove your position. That is what i meant
oh sorry man, thats the confusion. I don't believe that god exist, at least not the evangelical christian version. but that opinion is not based on any facts. it's just what i believe.

same as you believe god does exist but its not really based on things that can be tested/proven. which in my mind at least makes neither of our opinions more or less valid than the other. hope that cleared it up.
__________________
since she can't sail ships, cynthia sadly sits selling chips by the shore.
sporkgod50 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:55 AM   #107
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC
 
sporkgod50's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: seattle
Posts: 3,968
CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
For historical proof of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, I recommend reading the works of investigative journalist, Lee Stroebel. An avowed athiest, he set out to disprove the idea that history supported the Bible, and he ended up becoming a Christian because of his research. He earned a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, so he's no slouch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Strobel

The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith, and The Case for the Real Jesus are particularly good. The Case for a Creator is also well written.

There is no cookie cutter for Christians. There are theological differences which result in the multitude of churches classified as "Christian." I know what I believe, my beliefs are Bible based, and the church I belong to most nearly reflects my beliefs. I differ with the pastor on a few points of Calvinism (I'm about 3 1/2 points, and he is 4.) That does not affect his salvation or mine. I don't decide who goes to hell and who doesn't. In fact, God doesn't decide that either. Each person makes his own decision regarding accepting or rejecting Christ. I make it a practice not to think a person is headed for hell. That isn't my business.
i read the link you provided but didn't see any proof that jesus had been resurected. seems like he wrote several books where he presented counter arguments supporting the risen from the grave story, but i'm really struggling to think of a way that one could prove that it did or did not happen. its a matter of faith, a belief not a testable fact.

but perhaps the wikipedia link is unfairly brief, could you give me an example of the proof he provides that it happened? my guess as he is a law student is that he made a sound argument about why it could have happened, but did not test his hypothesis in any manner.

i want to reiterate, that i am more than accepting of anyone who chooses to believe that this is what happened, but i do not see that view as any more defendable than the belief that it did not happened. and again, i strongly support any reason one has for treating others with respect and dignity.
__________________
since she can't sail ships, cynthia sadly sits selling chips by the shore.
sporkgod50 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #108
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC
 
sporkgod50's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: seattle
Posts: 3,968
CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain3067 View Post
There's been a lot of talk in this thread, and I believe a sincere conversation about the foundations of why we believe what we believe. I trust that those who have raised questions about the Christian faith have done so out of a genuine curiosity and desire to learn. I hope that my assessment of those motivations are correct, and that no one in here is simply just trying to stir the pot as it were.

In my case, I came to know Christ after having grown up in a Christian household, going to church, and the whole bit. A very analytical person, and having a curiosity about how the world works led me to approach things from a very logical and scientific perspective. I too had some of the same questions that some have raised, and until I found the answers, I never proved to my satisfaction that the Bible and the story of Christ's gift to us all were actually true.

So, it is with that sincere and reminiscent heart that I encourage those with questions to indulge their curiosity and simply check out some of the links below. I always had been "taught" that Jesus saved us all, but it was only through evidence like the pieces I share below that I truly "learned" the good news of the grace of Jesus Christ. I implore you, that if you do not know him, seek the answers to your questions. I pray that in some small way, that this will help you in getting the answers you need, and to be able to accept the greatest gift ever given.

From the scientific angle:
Signature in the Cell - Stephen Meyer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbluTDb1Nfs

The Science Behind the Shroud of Turin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

And I will share a couple of videos from this gentleman, but again, if your skepticism of God and Christianity truly stems from a root of intellectual curiosity, do yourself a favor and check out as many of this man's videos as you have time for. His name is Ravi Zacharias. He has far more experience with other world religions, far more study in various religious theologies, and is a far more eloquent and learned a gentleman than I.

Why I'm Not an Athiest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6aDoOzYN-U

The Existence of God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTVOufIzyPY

And yes, I realize that I tend to ramble and this is a very winded post. Sorry. I truly hope and pray that if anyone does not know Jesus as their Savior, that this may help them come to know Him. If you already know Him, I hope that this post may in some way help you to deepen your knowledge of Him and help you walk closer to Him each and everyday. With that, I will stop typing. Good night, and God bless.
thanks for the links. i appreciate the information. but for me, I actually do not require their be proof for beliefs. its impossible to prove or disprove the existance of god. one either chooses to accept with faith that it happens or to accept with faith that it does not.

i believe that regardless of your decision to believe or not believe you are not better or worse. its how you treat people that matters. i hope sincerely that this message of tolerance is what is coming through in my posts.

and also if there is an atheist rock concert or an egnostic rock concert where a gamecock is boo'd, the best response would be, "atheist?..." or "the proof is in the pudding" that would be equally funny as the early posts direct at christians.
__________________
since she can't sail ships, cynthia sadly sits selling chips by the shore.
sporkgod50 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 02:45 AM   #109
Mr.101
1st Team All-American
 
Mr.101's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: City 17
Posts: 12,331
CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Evangelism in the CockPit? Yep. It's the offseason.
Mr.101 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #110
Cockdiesel7
4-Star
 
Cockdiesel7's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 405
CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
thanks for the links. i appreciate the information. but for me, I actually do not require their be proof for beliefs. its impossible to prove or disprove the existance of god. one either chooses to accept with faith that it happens or to accept with faith that it does not.

i believe that regardless of your decision to believe or not believe you are not better or worse. its how you treat people that matters. i hope sincerely that this message of tolerance is what is coming through in my posts.

and also if there is an atheist rock concert or an egnostic rock concert where a gamecock is boo'd, the best response would be, "atheist?..." or "the proof is in the pudding" that would be equally funny as the early posts direct at christians.
Going to the first paragraph where you say it's impossible to prove or disapprove the existence of God.. I have had the Holy Spirit work in me so I know there is an existing God. But to someone who doesn't have the holy spirit in them trying to prove there is a God it's like explaining to a teenager who's never been in a relationship how it feels to have your heart broken. They just don't understand what it feels like
Cockdiesel7 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:12 AM   #111
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC
 
sporkgod50's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: seattle
Posts: 3,968
CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
Going to the first paragraph where you say it's impossible to prove or disapprove the existence of God.. I have had the Holy Spirit work in me so I know there is an existing God. But to someone who doesn't have the holy spirit in them trying to prove there is a God it's like explaining to a teenager who's never been in a relationship how it feels to have your heart broken. They just don't understand what it feels like
we may have different definitions of the word prove. i hope and believe you hold your doctor to a different standard than your evangelist. less jokingly, when you say you know there is a god, you mean you believe there is a god. and don't forget that ecstatic feelings akin to what evangelicals describe as the holy spirit are wide spread though out religious and near-religious experiences.
__________________
since she can't sail ships, cynthia sadly sits selling chips by the shore.
sporkgod50 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:22 AM   #112
TheShelbySensation
Recruit
 
TheShelbySensation's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 128
CockyCash: 200
TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

People get mad when you tell them their salvation isn't left up to them.
TheShelbySensation is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 AM   #113
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC
 
sporkgod50's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: seattle
Posts: 3,968
CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShelbySensation View Post
People get mad when you tell them their salvation isn't left up to them.
people often resist questioning their beliefs, regardless of what those beliefs are.
__________________
since she can't sail ships, cynthia sadly sits selling chips by the shore.
sporkgod50 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:32 AM   #114
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star
 
Hoodrow Wilson's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Capital City
Posts: 487
CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
How many Atheists have killed in the name of not having a god to worship? I've never in my life seen a solitary example.
Not a big history guy, are you?
Hoodrow Wilson is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:39 AM   #115
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC
 
sporkgod50's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: seattle
Posts: 3,968
CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
Not a big history guy, are you?
i think the point is that the number of deaths caused by one religion getting mad at another religion far out number the deaths of atheist against religious folks for being religous.

i imagine you might be thinking of the christians being killed in the arenas of rome, but remember that the romans were pursecuting them for believing in the "wrong" religion, but for believing in any religion.
__________________
since she can't sail ships, cynthia sadly sits selling chips by the shore.
sporkgod50 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:40 AM   #116
dreammachine
Starter
 
dreammachine's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clearwater, S.C.
Posts: 1,357
CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
I realize this thread is on the way to getting deleted.

Lets say for instance that I was one of the 1 Billion Muslims in this world. How would I be perceived if I were on here sharing my truth?... and Islam is just one of the 4200 religious faiths that are actively being practiced in the world. I keep my mouth shut when it comes to religion. I actually pride myself in not being one of "those" guys who tries to tell everyone they are wrong for not believing what I believe.

Let's just say for instance that I was one of the minority Christians living in a Muslim Nation, I would most likely keep my mouth shut so that I could keep my head! Thank God that we all live in a nation where we can express and live our religious beliefs as long as you don't try to force them down the throats of other people. I don't think that if someone expresses their Christian beliefs that they are trying to hurt anyone as long as it is done in a Christian manner. Why is it that every other religion in the USA can express their viewpoints, including people that don't believe and everyone is suppose to listen and be tolerant, but if a Christian mentions his faith or brings up the name of JESUS then that's when everyone gets offended. This has been a great nation for many years that was built on Christian Values and each year people tear it down more and more. Has it made us a better nation for it?????
dreammachine is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:44 AM   #117
TheShelbySensation
Recruit
 
TheShelbySensation's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 128
CockyCash: 200
TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
people often resist questioning their beliefs, regardless of what those beliefs are.
I've done more questioning since being regenerated only to find the answer to each one is Christ.
TheShelbySensation is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:49 AM   #118
dreammachine
Starter
 
dreammachine's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clearwater, S.C.
Posts: 1,357
CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
i think the point is that the number of deaths caused by one religion getting mad at another religion far out number the deaths of atheist against religious folks for being religous.

i imagine you might be thinking of the christians being killed in the arenas of rome, but remember that the romans were pursecuting them for believing in the "wrong" religion, but for believing in any religion.


How about the following atheist and their kill count:

1. Adolf Hitler
2. Joseph Stalin
3.. Chairman Mao

Yes, there has been people killed in the name of Christianity too. There are always misguided people, who take their eyes off CHRIST(if they were there to begin with) and promote their own doctrine. These type of people have religion, but they don't have the Saving Grace of JESUS CHRIST.
dreammachine is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 04:07 AM   #119
Mr.101
1st Team All-American
 
Mr.101's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: City 17
Posts: 12,331
CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Mods....help
Mr.101 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 05:41 AM   #120
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper
 
Gamecocks1137's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On The Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 4,312
CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor booed at upstate Christian concert

Thread has been Hijacked... call the TSA.
__________________
"I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."
"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney
"Cowturd" - Crazy lady from Bama
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development