CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
garnet_black215
The Demise of the 3- (2263)
East Carolina Predic (1536)
Why didn't Wes Green (1201)
A&M on 3rd down (600)
You guys are horribl (587)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (508)
louisville (461)
It's the offenses no (389)
MLS almost ready for (231)
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
NFL: Packers @ Seahawks(m
NFL: Saints @ Falcons(ml
NFL: Vikings @ Rams(ml &a
NFL: Browns @ Steelers(ml
NFL: Jaguars @ Eagles(ml
NFL: Raiders @ Jets(ml &a
whats up with Mike?
Name a Gamecock
NFL: Bengals @ Ravens(ml

Old 02-09-2014, 04:42 AM   #21
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus Smart....What a Punk!

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article...t-has-meltdown

About 2 weeks ago. Guy has anger issues.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #22
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Just surfing the web and gathering what I can, it seems like Smart was referred to by the white guy as the n word and told to go back to Africa or something along those lines. I can understand the anger when such a classless and disrespectful comment comes from an older white "adult" and don't blame the kid one bit. Should he shove a fan when representing his school? Of course not, but in a heated game like that the old man had it coming to him if the rumors are true.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #23
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
Just surfing the web and gathering what I can, it seems like Smart was referred to by the white guy as the n word and told to go back to Africa or something along those lines. I can understand the anger when such a classless and disrespectful comment comes from an older white "adult" and don't blame the kid one bit. Should he shove a fan when representing his school? Of course not, but in a heated game like that the old man had it coming to him if the rumors are true.
Probably some truth to that.
Found this video on another site showing what appears to be the same "fan". Ffwd to 33 sec mark.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #24
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Just once, I wish that someone would call me cracker and tell me to go back to England. It would be awesome. Pretty funny too.

On a serious note- even if something racist was said the kid still needs to walk away. It could have turned very ugly.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #25
Teamneil
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 541
Teamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Just once, I wish that someone would call me cracker and tell me to go back to England. It would be awesome. Pretty funny too.

On a serious note- even if something racist was said the kid still needs to walk away. It could have turned very ugly.

You're a cracker, your dancing makes me sick
Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #26
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamneil View Post
You're a cracker, your dancing makes me sick
Pts coming your way sir.

gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Apparently the "fan" has a history of being a douchebag. Still doesn't make what Smart did smart though. I wonder if the fan loses his seat over this.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #28
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If you don't blame him one bit, that is part of the problem. He doesn't need to be in this venue if he can't take it. Should it happen? No, but it does and if you can't deal with it on the court this will just continue. Now that fans know it bugs him, it will be twice as bad.

The correct thing to do is to get a security guard and point the guy out then have him removed.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #29
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Not sure what to say about a 50 year old yelling at a 20 year old that just fell into the crowd. The Fan should know better IMO. A close game against a rival does not excuse sportsmanship!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #30
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #31
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
The correct thing to do is to get a security guard and point the guy out then have him removed.
I can see it now.

Player: "Timeout, ref! Timeout!"

*Whistle Blows*

Coach: "Why are you calling a timeout?!"

*Player searches for a cop or security guard*

Player: "Officer, that guy over there called me the n-word."

. . .

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #32
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Apparently the "fan" has a history of being a douchebag. Still doesn't make what Smart did smart though. I wonder if the fan loses his seat over this.
Probably not. He is likely a big donor. They might issue some kind of minor reprimand.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #33
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 560000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

The kid obviously has a temper and should suspended for 3 games minimum and have to attend anger management classes. There is no excuse for what he did.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #34
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Probably not. He is likely a big donor. They might issue some kind of minor reprimand.
see this is an issue. Smart was wrong and I think he deserves a 5 game suspension because of this and his incident 2 weeks ago. However Texas Tech needs to ban this "fan", donor or not. He is a disgrace to their university
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #35
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I dont care what the fan said. It doesn't matter one bit what he said. A player CAN NOT go into the crowd and start shoving, punching, whatever fans. I dont care if the guy said the worst thing in the world, it doesnt matter. They are words. As for the n-word, blacks have made the word more and more acceptable in today's society. It's a horrible word, but if it was so horrible then blacks wouldnt say it all the time to each other as casually as they do. If they truly took offense to it they would stop saying it and it would become much more of a taboo word. It still makes no difference if he said the n-word or something different, Smart was completely wrong
Old 02-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #36
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
see this is an issue. Smart was wrong and I think he deserves a 5 game suspension because of this and his incident 2 weeks ago. However Texas Tech needs to ban this "fan", donor or not. He is a disgrace to their university
It depends on what he said. Hecklers are a part of the game. You'd probably have to suspend half our student section at our games by the same logic and that is about 1/3 of our fans at games now a days.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #37
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

I find it funny how quickly the excuse of he was in the heat off he moment or it's the fans fault came out in this thread. People need to be held accountable for their actions; stop making excuses for them. I don't know what the fan said, so can't attack him, but I know what the player did and he was an embarrassment to his team, school and family.

I disagree with the idea that the fan said something racist so it's ok to react that way. Does anyone remember Jackie Robinson and what he went through? Nothing compares to that and by responding to these attacks only encourages fans to say even worse things.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #38
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostheorysc View Post
Shoves a fan, gets in the refs face, assistant coaches face, and then gets in a cops face walking of the court. If Ford has any balls, he won't suit up again as a Cowboy.
1 out of 4 on your accusations.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #39
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Let me clarify my stance. He deserves at least 5 a game suspension. I would be OK with him being bounced for the season. He had no business going into the stands. You have to be above the hecklers and keep it on the court.

My stance on the fan is completely seperate situation. The fan can say what he wants but when you allow a fan to be court side and he is yelling profanities and racial statements it reflects poorly on your institution. He has a documented history of being over the edge and needs to be put in his place.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #40
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

The tune would change quickly have you probably come from the background Smart likely came from and it wouldn't be such a heated topic if he wasn't playing the game at that time.

It was also a flagrant foul, the dude was one row back from him. It wasn't like he ran into the stands on purpose cause of the term.

Athletes are people as well and you can say certain things to any certain individual and they likely will take action of some kind.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote