CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
Fight, win, kick a-- (1355)
Why I'm hopeful abou (989)
The Gator Bowl wants (978)
CFN prediction for a (924)
USC will upset Aubur (794)
A simple defensive l (778)
What happened to thi (711)
In-state QB talent (574)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (363)
In-state QB talent
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default cheap international phone calls

Anybody use Skype or google for international calls - thinking mainly of calling the US from countries abroad. We used to have a callback- elinea- but they went bust. We don't call much but need to call some.
Thanks
Old 02-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material
Default Re: cheap international phone calls

If you have Apple products, it's much easier to Facetime. I Facetimed with my family when I was in the U.K. and it was much better than paying for international cell service.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassau Gamecock View Post
Anybody use Skype or google for international calls - thinking mainly of calling the US from countries abroad. We used to have a callback- elinea- but they went bust. We don't call much but need to call some.
Thanks
A friend of mine uses magicjack or something like that

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
Chucktown Gamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Chucktown Gamecock is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
If you have Apple products, it's much easier to Facetime. I Facetimed with my family when I was in the U.K. and it was much better than paying for international cell service.
This is probably stupid question, but I'm going to the UK soon so I'll put it out there. Does that mean the wi-fi works on the Iphone the same as it does here?

I don't anticipate needing to make calls, but that way I can send emails/facebook messages if I need to.
Chucktown Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

I've used Google+ Hangout... as long as you have a Gmail account you're good to go... same goes for Facetime.

If you just want to text people, use WhatsApp and make sure your friends have it installed, too. I text my friend in Germany all the time using it, its fantastic.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #6
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktown Gamecock View Post
This is probably stupid question, but I'm going to the UK soon so I'll put it out there. Does that mean the wi-fi works on the Iphone the same as it does here?

I don't anticipate needing to make calls, but that way I can send emails/facebook messages if I need to.
I can't say for sure regarding the UK; however, having traveled to both China and Germany this past year... the wi-fi worked on my apple products (both iPhone and iPad mini) exactly the same as in the U.S. I'm pretty certain you shouldn't have any difficulties with that in U.K.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:

Contact your cell phone provider and add the UK to your bill for the month you will be there, it is fairly cheap, don't forget to ask about texting as well. You have to be careful about pushed information that will be downloaded to your phone when you arrive in the UK. This typically uses data and not Wifi. Foreign cost for using data is very expensive unless you have a plan prior to going. You will need to turn off most all applications to avoid this. Even things like map apps use wifi to connect, but they use data to locate your current location.

Wifi is everywhere but many places make you register to get it for free.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material

Quote:

It's not a stupid question. To answer your question, yes. I stayed at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall. They had wi-fi and it worked just fine on my iPhone. I used my iPad to Facetime my husband and the kids and it worked perfectly, just like it does here.

I did not use my phone since it would have cost more through Verizon. But with Facetime on my iPad, I didn't have to. The few times my husband did call, he called the hotel phone from our landline at home.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote