CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
Badazcock
Spurrier_Superior_On
spareparts
18IsTheMan
Gamecocks1137
Spotter22
trapper82
2000grad
Kaka
Mike Davis (2559)
Terrible Officiating (1589)
Cack's Toast of the (1496)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1109)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (939)
If (big IF) we can w (919)
No Gurley near the g (761)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (728)
How the top 25 SHOUL (711)
Elliott Fry crushes (691)
Really excited to visit t
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
carolina vs clemson ticke
Defense v. Vanderbilt
No Gurley near the goal l
Most Spirited Fan
Mike Davis
20 of 31 former players s
Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky
Women's soccer vs. Jam Ci

Old 02-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #81
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus Smart....What a Punk!

If the fan called Smart the N word, then his ass should be banned from TT events for a considerable time... Smart has had some issues, but I he was called that, I really can't fault him for pushing the guy.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #82
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

White racists aren't usually big time basketball fans with 1st row seats. I am skeptical of this accusation. The situation of the game with 6 seconds left lends one to believe he was talking smack about his team being about to lose and his failure to stop that shot from going in. It's more likely Smart is playing the race card to make some excuse for him losing his temper.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #83
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

I think Smart is the racist. This is a hate crime against white people. I bet he called that guy a honkey.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #84
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
That wasn't going into the crowd.

Now this...this is going into the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9utVFNxydZw
pretty much exactly what Smart did according to the op
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #85
helladonks
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
helladonks has hatched from the shell
Default Marcus Smart....What a Punk!

Quote:
That wasn't going into the crowd.

Now this...this is going into the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9utVFNxydZw

This is just awesome. No way this kind of thing flies today. Milbury and crew got off easy for that, compared to what would happen today.
OLD TIME HOCKEY!
helladonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #86
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
pretty much exactly what Smart did according to the op
Yeah, but I don't think Smart beat the guy with his own shoe, lol.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #87
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Well people didn't sue as much back in the day. You had a little more freedom to beat the crap out of someone you didn't like.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #88
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by helladonks View Post
This is just awesome. No way this kind of thing flies today. Milbury and crew got off easy for that, compared to what would happen today.
OLD TIME HOCKEY!
Lol! Saw one bruin player take the fan's shoe off of his foot, and hit him with it...
Old 02-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #89
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
I can see it now.

Player: "Timeout, ref! Timeout!"

*Whistle Blows*

Coach: "Why are you calling a timeout?!"

*Player searches for a cop or security guard*

Player: "Officer, that guy over there called me the n-word."

. . .
Well you can mock if you wish, but doing what he did will result in a suspension and loss of millions of dollars over his lifetime in loss of draft position.

Security guards are at the floor level by the way, to prevent guys from going on the floor.

Still funny?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #90
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

The halftime of the Clemson vs 'Cuse, two commentators were talking about it(One being darrin horn) and they said that as of today, TT interviewed fans around him, and photographers and such and none of them said they could hear a racial slur being said.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #91
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Lol! Saw one bruin player take the fan's shoe off of his foot, and hit him with it...

By far my favorite part. He wailed the guy with his own shoe until someone else knocked the shoe out of his hand.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #92
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
By far my favorite part. He wailed the guy with his own shoe until someone else knocked the shoe out of his hand.
It wasn't knocked out of his hand. He chucked it onto the ice so the guy had to go home with one shoe on.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #93
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
If the fan called Smart the N word, then his ass should be banned from TT events for a considerable time... Smart has had some issues, but I he was called that, I really can't fault him for pushing the guy.
He called him a "piece of crap." If that justifies a fan getting pushed, then a lot of fans at Williams-Brice and Carolina Stadium deserved to be pushed. Hell, I bet half of this board called Darrin Horn worse at some point.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #94
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Sticks and stones, my friends. Words are only words. I don't think being offended is a reason to become violent. Since when did hearing a racial slur, even one being directed toward oneself, become a green light for attacking the person who spoke it?
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #95
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
It wasn't knocked out of his hand. He chucked it onto the ice so the guy had to go home with one shoe on.

Look at it again. At about the 2:10 mark, #21 is wailing the guy with a shoe, a fan reaches over from the left and gets the shoe out of his hand. It drops right there, and number 21 doesn't react at all. Kind of like, "Yeah, that's a little much."
Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #96
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

you guys are so beautiful. I've been out of town and I knew that this thread would exist and just be wonderful. Thank you all for being you

EDIT:

HIS STATEMENT, WHAT A THUG

Quote:
"I want to apologize to the fan, whose name is Jeff Orr. I want to apologize to him. I want to apologize to my teammates, to my coaching staff, Coach Ford, my family, Oklahoma State University. This is not how I (conduct) myself, this is not how this program is ran. This is not how I was raised. I let my emotions get the best of me.
"Just can't let that happened again. This is a lesson I'll have to learn from. The consequences that are coming with it, I'm taking full responsibility. No finger pointing. This is all upon me.
"I just want to really apologize to those that are very important to me. I feel like I let my teammates down. These guys mean a lot to me. Not to be able to be out there with them, it hits me in my heart. I have a lot of people that look up to me, a lot of little kids, so once again, I truly apologize. This is not me. I really do apologize for it. Like I said, I take full responsibility and the consequences that come with it."
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #97
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
you guys are so beautiful. I've been out of town and I knew that this thread would exist and just be wonderful. Thank you all for being you

EDIT:

HIS STATEMENT, WHAT A THUG
What do you mean "you all"? There are a variety of different opinions expressed in this thread. A few prejudged the kid a thug, a few prejudged the fan a bigot, and the rest were somewhere in between.

If you're so much better than the rest us, then you should have stayed away.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #98
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

The guy is human, give him a break. He shoved an old man with a big mouth, get over it. Probably deserved it. People get what people deserve and if Smart deserves a 5 game suspension then so be it. The old guy deserved what he got, shouldn't have been talking sh*t.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #99
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Marcus smart made a poor choice and reacted like a kid, but calling him a punk is uncalled for. When you tell a young black man to "go back to Africa" when he is already emotional in a losing game, you are asking to get shoved, or knocked out. Smart should apologize to his team, but should not be cast down as some kind of thug, as he did what most young men would do when insulted in such a way. He should've just pointed at the guy and made known what was said after the game.

So much for turning the other cheek.....If the fan truly used a racial epithet, he should lose whatever privileges he is entitled to as donor/fan/alumni. If the aim is to turn young black men, in to upstanding citizens, if not professional athletes, then Marcus Smart, regardless of the heat of the moment, casts serious doubt on the mission statement of student-athlete athletics at OSU.

Gapo
GapoGamecock51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #100
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
The guy is human, give him a break. He shoved an old man with a big mouth, get over it. Probably deserved it. People get what people deserve and if Smart deserves a 5 game suspension then so be it. The old guy deserved what he got, shouldn't have been talking sh*t.

Two wrongs (fans language/players reaction) don't make a right. If the aim is to teach life lessons to these guys, that is a life lesson applicable to all of us.

Gapo
GapoGamecock51 is offline   Reply With Quote