CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
Pw00132
garnet_black215
Polls (3415)
Gameday in Columbia (2984)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2731)
Clem5on fans are bes (2004)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1592)
ST coach fired this (1271)
SEC East Race as of (1203)
Let's talk about Mat (999)
Hardest Schedule (979)
UK fans and local sp (812)
Fall Practice
So, um, yeah the NFL over
James Thompson - 6'9"
Defensive personnel quest
Polls
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Gameday Sign Ideas
Clem5on fans are beside t
Is it possible for our Sp

Old 12-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #401
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Haven't Key and Green said that they will play together in college? Sounds like if we get Green, we'll also get Key in 2014.
I believe you are right.
Still, you never know.
Things can change in a year and Key could decide to go off on his own somewhere...but currently, yes, they do want to go to the same school.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #402
UTVOLS
Vols, Butch!

Male

UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 1m
Elite 2015 DE Arden Key (@_Division1_M3), a former #Gamecocks commit, hearing plenty from #Vols (VIP): Elite 2015 DE Arden Key hearing plenty from Tennessee Vols
Quote:
“I’m listening to every school right now,” Key said. “I have a couple of schools that I know will be in the top five of my list. Those two would be South Carolina and Tennessee.”

-ESPN
Now I haven't heard much about Key other than his previous commitment to SC. But it looks like it is SC with UT in chase right now. He did say he will probably commit before his senior season.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #403
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

he's coming with Green
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #404
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
This one is easy for me because I cover Clemson. The first thing I see here in Arden Key is the skill set Vic Beasley. Key is a dynamic pass rusher that jumps off the page. I would like to see Key work against a top flight tackle like Mitch Hyatt or Chuma Edoga to see how he processes a technician.
Link: http://clemson.247sports.com/Article...vations-168524

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #405
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

So with him going to a new school next year, I would think it would help since his current coach seems to push kids away from Carolina?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #406
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
So with him going to a new school next year, I would think it would help since his current coach seems to push kids away from Carolina?
Hapeville Charter School.......I agree. Maybe his parents didn't want his coach having that much influence over their son's recruitment.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:53 AM   #407
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

We need to re-get Arden.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #408
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Key gonna be a Gamecock
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #409
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Hapeville Charter School.......I agree. Maybe his parents didn't want his coach having that much influence over their son's recruitment.
I just read some comments on GCC about why Key transferred to a different high school. He tweeted something about pressure to go to Georgia at his former school. Would someone mind looking at Key's twitter account and seeing exactly what his tweets say. I don't have a twitter account. This may be nothing, but if this is true, I would think if affects Green as well as Key. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #410
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I just read some comments on GCC about why Key transferred to a different high school. He tweeted something about pressure to go to Georgia at his former school. Would someone mind looking at Key's twitter account and seeing exactly what his tweets say. I don't have a twitter account. This may be nothing, but if this is true, I would think if affects Green as well as Key. Thanks.
he is only showing SC love on Twitter right now. Lots of retweets of BAW, he has rt'd a lot of stuff DJ Swearinger has been posting as well.

Says he has a top 5 that can change in the blink of an eye, but he definitely has his favorites. He retweeted one UGA fan, but it's definitely at least a 10:1 ratio on SC vs. anyone else in terms of just being mentioned.

I think someone who doesn't even have a dog in the fight would take a guess that he would like to be a Gamecock.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #411
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
he is only showing SC love on Twitter right now. Lots of retweets of BAW, he has rt'd a lot of stuff DJ Swearinger has been posting as well.

Says he has a top 5 that can change in the blink of an eye, but he definitely has his favorites. He retweeted one UGA fan, but it's definitely at least a 10:1 ratio on SC vs. anyone else in terms of just being mentioned.

I think someone who doesn't even have a dog in the fight would take a guess that he would like to be a Gamecock.
that's good news, but is there anything about him switching schools and why....thanks.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #412
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

^Nah, that's the kind of stuff I was hoping to find. I didn't see anything along those lines

edit* - it does appear that he got a new Twitter handle/name.. BAW said his old account was "hacked"?

edit 2 - long story short - key got a new twitter account and has been rt'ing fans from all schools. SCAR is getting a lot more mentions because BAW shared the news about Key having a new account, so Gamecock fans were the quickest to find him and show him love
Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #413
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
^Nah, that's the kind of stuff I was hoping to find. I didn't see anything along those lines
oh well....thanks man
Old 02-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #414
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Y'all think me and my boy @WGreen_20 should play together @ the next level ?-Arden Key on twitter. I think this guy was a combo with wesley green wherever he decided to play ball. Hope we get him!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #415
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Reports are we have a pretty good lead here, which probably isn't that surprising. Hope it holds.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #416
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays it out all the way to 2015 NSD, so y'all strap in for a wild ride with this one...
Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #417
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he plays it out all the way to 2015 NSD, so y'all strap in for a wild ride with this one...
TBS said tonight they don't think that will be the case, but things change all the time in recruiting.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #418
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

I feel like we're gonna lose rivers to the mutts and key recommits to us
Old 02-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #419
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
I feel like we're gonna lose rivers to the mutts and key recommits to us
TBS said tonight we have a good chance of hanging on to Rivers because of his relationship with Ward. We'll see.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:34 AM   #420
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
TBS said tonight we have a good chance of hanging on to Rivers because of his relationship with Ward. We'll see.
I also see Key and rivers a better fit for the 4-3, especially if they want their hand on the ground.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote