CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GoldenSpur7
yazoo
StormOfTalons
donbgamecock
JerseyBird
IslandCock
The Yancey
BlueHerons
Evilchicken2
OBC banner being add (2247)
The bane of our seas (1825)
Ward wants us to pla (1479)
Who scores the first (1395)
Davis Playing in A&a (1172)
SL,UT Gamecocks (826)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (787)
CFB Playoff Bracket (647)
All garnet for Thurs (560)
I'm not buying the h (550)
Tanner McEvoy Starting QB
Madden 15 demo?
Mcevoy
I'm not buying the hype,
OBC banner being added to
SL,UT Gamecocks
Connor Shaw Browns
First "Carolina Call
SCHSL & SCISA High Sc
Davis Playing in A&M

Old 02-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #101
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus Smart....What a Punk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GapoGamecock51 View Post
Two wrongs (fans language/players reaction) don't make a right. If the aim is to teach life lessons to these guys, that is a life lesson applicable to all of us.

Gapo
I agree, and to an extent because we don't know what was said. I am human, and some things people say I can turn the other cheek too, but there are some things, well they call it "Temporary Insanity" for a reason. I don't know what the guy said to him, but it was enough to make him go ballistic. As I read more, apparently this one fan has been a problem since day one. It still is not right, but we aren't all right all the time.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #102
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Looked like the fan mouthed "I'm sorry" to Smart right before he got shoved. Both are idiots, but I don't think Smart is as bad of a guy as some people are making him out to be.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #103
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I agree, and to an extent because we don't know what was said. I am human, and some things people say I can turn the other cheek too, but there are some things, well they call it "Temporary Insanity" for a reason. I don't know what the guy said to him, but it was enough to make him go ballistic. As I read more, apparently this one fan has been a problem since day one. It still is not right, but we aren't all right all the time.
There's no real mystery what he said. The fan has admitted he called Smart a "piece of crap."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tqqJ_h7ak

If the fan had said anything worse, I seriously doubt Smart would have apologized to him.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #104
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
There's no real mystery what he said. The fan has admitted he called Smart a "piece of crap."

If the fan had said anything worse, I seriously doubt Smart would have apologized to him.
I'm pretty sure he said this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...nTbqbtGug#t=32
Old 02-10-2014, 12:23 AM   #105
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:

Smart apologizing for his actions does not in any way prove that the fan didn't use a racial slur

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #106
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Smart apologizing for his actions does not in any way prove that the fan didn't use a racial slur
Sure it does. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Smart would have made reference to it in his statement.

Moot point really since there was no racial slur. Fan called him a "piece of crap". Smart has been suspended for 3 games.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:39 AM   #107
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Sure it does. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Smart would have made reference to it in his statement.

Moot point really since there was no racial slur. Fan called him a "piece of crap". Smart has been suspended for 3 games.
I am glad Smart was suspended, now can we put this fat ass fan on a bus to Sochi?

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:54 AM   #108
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Sounds like Smart needs to watch Happy Gilmore during his suspension.

ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:54 AM   #109
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I am glad Smart was suspended, now can we put this fat ass fan on a bus to Sochi?
You have to wait 5 months for the next bus to Sochi.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:37 AM   #110
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Looked like the fan mouthed "I'm sorry" to Smart right before he got shoved. Both are idiots, but I don't think Smart is as bad of a guy as some people are making him out to be.
Well there are anger issues he can't handle. Doesn't necessarily mean is a bad person.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #111
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i bet the university changes the seating arrangements of the fan. From now on, every camera will be checking that guy out. He is an embarrassment to society and may need counseling.

i feel for marcus. because of that idiot he will be suspending and remembered always for pushing a fan.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #112
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i bet the university changes the seating arrangements of the fan. From now on, every camera will be checking that guy out. He is an embarrassment to society and may need counseling.

i feel for marcus. because of that idiot he will be suspending and remembered always for pushing a fan.
Shirley, you can't be serious? Have you ever attended a sporting event in your life? Fan is short for fanatics. They are by definition nuts.

Smart better learn to deal with them. After his suspension, he still has to play at TCU and Iowa State. Do you think those fans are going to try and get into his head?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #113
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Quote:
What do you mean "you all"? There are a variety of different opinions expressed in this thread. A few prejudged the kid a thug, a few prejudged the fan a bigot, and the rest were somewhere in between.

If you're so much better than the rest us, then you should have stayed away.
1) I never said "you all", I said "you guys", I wasn't talking about everyone, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE HAS A GUILTY CONSCIOUS!

2) Why would I stay away? If I never let y'all interact with your betters then y'all will never learn.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #114
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post

According to the 100% reliable and in no way biased source of...

THE FAN HIMSELF.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #115
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

it looks like he called him the "T" word
Old 02-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #116
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
it looks like he called him the "T" word

Tiger or Tater?

Well those are definitely fighting words!!

gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #117
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
According to the 100% reliable and in no way biased source of...

THE FAN HIMSELF.

The school investigated and asked other fans, reporter, photographers, and camera men if the fan used the N word. No one heard him say it.

Smart is making it up and using it as an excuse. However, the fan definitely said something to get his goat and both are in the wrong.

The fan is paying a heavier price than Smart since Smart only got 3 games. The fan is banning himself for the rest of the season.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #118
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
No, but the sideline audio does. It really pisses me off smart made a bad decision and then made up some shit that the fan called him the n word. What kind of man tries to make up excuses when he does something wrong, hes probably used to being spoon fed and nothing being his fault(like a lot of todays generation). No way id draft him if im an NBA team, hes been playing like sht first of all, flops, and now is the next Ron Artest. What a scrub.

/rant
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #119
Master Bedroom
Blue Chip

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
The school investigated and asked other fans, reporter, photographers, and camera men if the fan used the N word. No one heard him say it.

Smart is making it up and using it as an excuse. However, the fan definitely said something to get his goat and both are in the wrong.

The fan is paying a heavier price than Smart since Smart only got 3 games. The fan is banning himself for the rest of the season.
If the fan leaned down and said something as Smart was underneath the crowd level there is a high probability that the only ones who could hear him were Smart, Orr, and the pointing lady next to him...who is probably also his guest. He's a season ticket holder who probably sits next to the same folks all year so I don't think they would necessarily throw him under the bus either. I don't know what was said but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money it was not "piece of crap". And LOL at the fan paying a heavier price than Smart. He is a fan who is going to a sporting event...Smart is a college athlete who is working for his future.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #120
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
If the fan leaned down and said something as Smart was underneath the crowd level there is a high probability that the only ones who could hear him were Smart, Orr, and the pointing lady next to him...who is probably also his guest. He's a season ticket holder who probably sits next to the same folks all year so I don't think they would necessarily throw him under the bus either. I don't know what was said but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money it was not "piece of crap". And LOL at the fan paying a heavier price than Smart. He is a fan who is going to a sporting event...Smart is a college athlete who is working for his future.
Spare me.

The fan is getting a ton of negative exposure and is likely under the microscope at his job as an air traffic controller. This incident could have a negative impact on the Orr for the forseeable future while Smart will just bounce off to the NBA and make millions. Yes the fan is to blame for bringing this on himself but to say that Smart is geeting the shortend of this deal is laughable.