CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
gamecockgal
Ahmad
gadeneer1986
Jim Lahey
Ericvol2096
cockfight21
10-2 (1981)
UK promoting a black (1770)
Four UK Players Susp (1374)
Build a New Stadium (1094)
Connor Shaw's fault. (777)
QB Recruiting Strate (612)
This program has no (582)
Cleaned up version: (556)
Remaining schedules (416)
Defer Or Not? (398)
Build a New Stadium
10-2
QB Recruiting Strategy
2016 - Tavien Feaster
UK promoting a blackout f
Nosovitch
Defer Or Not?
State talent drying up
KY Suspends 4 Players for
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #21
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: Thoughts on the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I was thinking they aren't scrimmaging Friday since that is the first official day of practice, not because of weather.
I heard it was the weather...I'm pretty sure I heard that on the radio
Old 01-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #22
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

It's 100% for the weather. They're still practicing, just not scrimmaging.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #23
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

How's the pitching staff going to be? Anybody have any insight. It's almost impossible to find anything on the team.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #24
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 758937569
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

The goal has to be to get that top 8 national seed...... I am still seething about the Chapel Hill Super last year!

Love to get the Tarholes in Cola this year! Payback is hell!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #25
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
How's the pitching staff going to be? Anybody have any insight. It's almost impossible to find anything on the team.
Almost certain that the weekend rotation will consist of Jordan Montgomery (Friday), Jack Wynkoop (Sat./Sun), and Wil Crowe (Sat./Sun). I say that Wil might pitch on Saturdays to keep the rotation Lefty-Righty-Lefty, but we went L-L-R at times last year so it could be Wynkoop on Saturdays still.

Possible Go-To Relievers: Cody Mincey (R), Matt Vogel (R), Vince Fiori (L), Hunter Privette (R).

Other Relievers/Midweek Starters: Curt Britt (R), Evan Beal (R), Joel Seddon (R), Kyle Martin (L), Josh Reagan (L), Taylor Widener (R), Josh Knab (R).

The weekend rotation is pretty much set as long as there are no major injuries. The loss of Canaan Cropper was big, he was a major pick up for the club and would've seen his fair share of innings as a freshman. Vogel is one of the hardest throwing pitchers on the team, but he's got to work on his control. Widener is coming back from a back injury but has been very surprising on the mound with his velo and control. Mincey is probably leading for the closers role right now - had a very good "Garnet/Black World Series". Beal still has some of the best stuff on the team. Could be a replacement on the weekend rotation if things go bad for one of the guys. Seddon still has good stuff, but in a similar position as Beal. Kyle Martin was virtually unhittable in the fall. He may see some time on the mound during mid week games, especially when SEC play heats up and the use of arms would be useful in the pen come the upcoming weekends.

The loss of Webb/Sullivan/Westmoreland was huge this season. If I had to guess at the replacements of those guys I'd say it will be 4 guys: Mincey(CL), Privette(Situational Relief), Fiori, Vogel OR Beal
Old 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #26
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I don't really start thinking about that until they start practicing and I can see what, if anything, has changed since Fall.
First day of Gamecock baseball practice! A balmy 35 degrees for the high today...
Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #27
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
First day of Gamecock baseball practice! A balmy 35 degrees for the high today...
I know, right!
I talked to Daddy earlier, and he was on the way to "lunch with Chad".
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #28
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

So now that there have been some scrimmages...What were The though on The team?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #29
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

With Seddon getting the nod as closer, is Beal still going to be in the pen or got a shot as a weekend guy? Really hope Evan gets it together, has tons of potential and can really bring it.
kabercr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #30
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabercr2 View Post
With Seddon getting the nod as closer, is Beal still going to be in the pen or got a shot as a weekend guy? Really hope Evan gets it together, has tons of potential and can really bring it.
I would think out of the pen unless he's getting the nod for a midweek start or two, which is very possible. Always nice to have a couple of arms that could be starters if one of the weekend guys goes down.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabercr2 View Post
I think Beal could be a very valuable asset in the pen, which I'm starting to feel better about.

But if Crow struggles, I'd like to see Beal get a shot.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #32
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
I would think out of the pen unless he's getting the nod for a midweek start or two, which is very possible. Always nice to have a couple of arms that could be starters if one of the weekend guys goes down.
I hope Beal gets a few midweek starts and can begin to put it all together. He is nasty when he is on.