CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
gamecock88
uscgmck
JerseyBird
Latti
Spurrier_Superior_On
scfanz
GamecockInHell
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Jameis Winston's Accuser

Old 02-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #241
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus Smart....What a Punk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
ok people should just keep going to sporting events and keep yelling obsenities at players. I mean they paid $20 for a ticket right? That means they get a free pass to scream anything at them with no consequences. I mean they aren't human beings. Treat them like the dirt they are. You are above them.

If you wouldn't say it to their face privately outside of a sporting event you shouldn't scream it during a game in public like a coward
Wow, how dramatic you like to make things. Dude, sticks and stones man, get over it. If you can't that you people should be going to games.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #242
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

not upset about what smart did, as far as the fan goes, he got basketball and hockey with one ticket
Old 02-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #243
eb2156a
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
eb2156a has hatched from the shell

Re: Marcus Smart....What a Punk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2
ok people should just keep going to sporting events and keep yelling obsenities at players. I mean they paid $20 for a ticket right? That means they get a free pass to scream anything at them with no consequences. I mean they aren't human beings. Treat them like the dirt they are. You are above them.

If you wouldn't say it to their face privately outside of a sporting event you shouldn't scream it during a game in public like a coward

Wow, how dramatic you like to make things. Dude, sticks and stones man, get over it. If you can't that you people should be going to games.

He isn't being dramatic, he is just commenting on how pathetic people have gotten to where people like you think it is ok for grown ups to heckle kids. What would you do if I came up to your mother right in front of your face and called her a whore? Would you say sticks and stones? It is entirely possible you are a coward since you think it is ok to anonymously heckle people from the stands, but there is also a chance that you are a hypocrite if my last statement offended you. Either way, you need to get a life and stop living vicariously through people that actually accomplish something (.i.e. being a great big ole gamecock fan).
eb2156a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #244
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2156a View Post
Quote:

He isn't being dramatic, he is just commenting on how pathetic people have gotten to where people like you think it is ok for grown ups to heckle kids. What would you do if I came up to your mother right in front of your face and called her a whore? Would you say sticks and stones? It is entirely possible you are a coward since you think it is ok to anonymously heckle people from the stands, but there is also a chance that you are a hypocrite if my last statement offended you. Either way, you need to get a life and stop living vicariously through people that actually accomplish something (.i.e. being a great big ole gamecock fan).
This is a red herring. NO ONE has said it is "OK" to scream whatever you want to at other people. No one. Period. What they have said it is has and will continue to happen, especially at sporting events, and its not against the law except in the most extreme cases. I guarantee you every athlete that ever made it as a professional heard 20x worse things than "you piece of crap" or whatever he was told.

Whenever people start misrepresenting the other side because their argument doesn't hold water the discussion is over. If you want to actually debate this stop putting words in people's mouth.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #245
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2156a View Post
Quote:

Wow, I didn't now we had so many easily offended censorship lovers here that can't handle a fan insulting someone who deserved to be insulted. He didn't call Smart's mother a whore. He called him a piece of crap. What if he used the word thug which is basically what he meant? Because he certainly IS thug and someone should call him out on it. You think the guy is a coward? Great. Well why don't you do something about him that isn't raging and insulting him and call him things on a message board. At least Orr was in 20 ft of Smart when he insulted him. That makes him less of a coward than you in my book. Trust me, if I was next to Orr and I heard him say or do something I thought was I out of line like a racial slur or calling his mother a whore or something, I would immediately tell him to shut the hell up or I was going to get someone to have him kicked out. He still though would not take 1 ounce of blame for Smart putting his hands on him. That is all Smart. He doesn't get to pass any blame to anyone for that. I think we have too many fans that put college athletes on a pedestal and coddle them and make excuses for them every time the exhibit poor behavior. Also, heckling has been part of sports for decades or longer. It is just silly to start complaining about it now just because a player got in trouble. Where was your outrage 50 years ago about this?

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 02-11-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #246
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 702
Todd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talonsTodd803 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He touched the player first. If you watch the video, you can plainly see him hit his arm with whatever he is holding in his hand. It took him 3 tries, as he tried to do it multiple times.

I agree that no player should confront anyone in the crowd, but if you touch the player in any form, you should realize as an adult that all bets are off. Not excusing the player, but if you initiate the contact, you should expect an unpredictable result.

He has the right to say whatever he wants, but people will react in different ways. You would think the fan, who is at least 2x the age of the players, would have picked that up as a life skill in his time on Earth.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #247
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd803 View Post
He touched the player first. If you watch the video, you can plainly see him hit his arm with whatever he is holding in his hand. It took him 3 tries, as he tried to do it multiple times.

I agree that no player should confront anyone in the crowd, but if you touch the player in any form, you should realize as an adult that all bets are off. Not excusing the player, but if you initiate the contact, you should expect an unpredictable result.

He has the right to say whatever he wants, but people will react in different ways. You would think the fan, who is at least 2x the age of the players, would have picked that up as a life skill in his time on Earth.
He didn't touch Smart. The two guys in the blue shirts touched him. Orr waved his hand at Smart to go back down to the court and get out of his face. That is all he did. Orr didn't move in Smart's direction, he wasn't being confrontational. Smart moved toward him. I think see what Orr's age has anything do with anything except that it just makes what Smart did even more despicable because he is getting physical with old people. I am sure Orr knows that people react differently to different things, I am sure he has probably been attacked by thugs like Smart before, I just don't think he cares because he shouldn't have to conform his behavior because there are violent thugs in the world. They are the ones that should reform. I don't think Orr cares one bit that he got pushed. It looks like he is laughing the whole thing off and good for him.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #248
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I care to see you get help coping with your problems you have with people who say and do things you don't like. I wouldn't want to see you or others suffer because of your problem.
your defense of your inability to control your own anger is hilarious. I truly appreciate that.

sporkgod50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #249
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

This is what you do to fans that heckle you at BBall games. End it with a tongue sticking out in their direction, or a pointing saying that's for you.
Any of these will work.

rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote