CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
gamecockgal
eightohhthree
Clowneygotcha
Gamecocks1137
COCKYTALKIN
A. Pilgrim
Order 66
Badazcock
spareparts
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1910)
Elliott Fry crushes (1827)
If (big IF) we can w (1547)
No Gurley near the g (1456)
Tired of night games (991)
How the top 25 SHOUL (951)
The SEC East schedul (889)
20 of 31 former play (880)
Photos of fans befor (835)
Missouri Game Set Fo (770)
Coach Elliott pregame.
So, Vanderbilt is next
Elliott Fry crushes Clems
Next years RB situation
Most Spirited Fan
Georgia Visitors List - u
Adrian Peterson indicted
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
USC/Furman 10/18/2014
Missouri Game Set For 7:0

Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #21
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Re: Duck Commander 500

All of you hate it, yet you click on the thread when there is no doubt what it is about, and then post about it..
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #22
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Why does everyone feel the need to tear down something that you obviously don't watch anyway? What does it matter?

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #23
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
All of you hate it, yet you click on the thread when there is no doubt what it is about, and then post about it..
So, this is like a Clemson thread then? Therefore, Duck Dynasty = Clemson.

I don't have much of an opinion on the actual people of Duck Dynasty, but the show is absolute crap.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #24
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroPepper View Post
Why does everyone feel the need to tear down something that you obviously don't watch anyway? What does it matter?
I can't speak for anyone else, but my problem is that the same people who love Duck Dynasty hate the Kardashians and Real Housewife stuff for being "fake." Its the same basic idea behind all of them, one just has subject matter you enjoy. They are all heavily scripted shows that attempt to pass themselves off as reality.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #25
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Yet you post in the thread

Says the guy who starts about 50 posts a year about anal sex
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #26
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 752990384
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

For what it's worth, I love Duck Dynasty and Nascar.......

It's all about having fun......

If you don't like it, no worries......
Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #27
F4rpoole
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 9885
F4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spurs

I'll put my 2-cents worth in ... I love watching Duck Dynasty ... never watched more that 3 minutes of a Nascar race.
F4rpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #28
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Good deal, two Southern brands brought together.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #29
TheShelbySensation
Recruit

Male

TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I am, because I like to do things besides sitting around on my ass watching television and following mindless bullshit television programs targeted to morons.

If that's your thing, then yeah, I might be a little too adventurous for you
How adventurous can one be that has 20,000 posts on a single message board?
TheShelbySensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:51 AM   #30
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

I just wish I could turn on the TV or walk into a store and not see Duck Dynasty. I also think there should be a law about wearing camo if you don't hunt. Or putting Salt Life stickers on your car if you live more than 2 hours from the nearest ocean.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:22 AM   #31
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I just wish I could turn on the TV or walk into a store and not see Duck Dynasty. I also think there should be a law about wearing camo if you don't hunt. Or putting Salt Life stickers on your car if you live more than 2 hours from the nearest ocean.
Good thing creating laws like that is against a document we hold so dearly. Look, Duck Dynasty is doing what anyone on this board would do with what they have, and that is cash in. If you say you would not do what they are doing, your a liar.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #32
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Good thing creating laws like that is against a document we hold so dearly. Look, Duck Dynasty is doing what anyone on this board would do with what they have, and that is cash in. If you say you would not do what they are doing, your a liar.
I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't. That doesn't make it any less obnoxious.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:28 AM   #33
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't. That doesn't make it any less obnoxious.
Well sure, but if we would all do it, why are we judging? Besides Nascar hasn't been worth a shit in a decade or more, so this shouldn't surprise us.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 02-12-2014, 04:32 AM   #34
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroPepper View Post
Lets see... Starting a company in your shed and finding success through hard work and perseverance- check.
Creating jobs for your family and friends- check.
Promoting faith and patriotism in everyday life- check.
Living the American Dream- check.
Getting paid to cut up with your family and friends on your own TV show- check.

Yep, there's a lot to despise, right there! Where's my remote?!?!

Participate in a fake TV show that reinforces southern stereotypes and markets itself to the low IQ, mouth breathing segment of the US while being the least funny yet inexplicably most popular show on TV right now. Yes, they suck and I hate them. I hate stupid shit.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:16 AM   #35
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Participate in a fake TV show that reinforces southern stereotypes and markets itself to the low IQ, mouth breathing segment of the US while being the least funny yet inexplicably most popular show on TV right now. Yes, they suck and I hate them. I hate stupid shit.
Then I guess you hate everything, because from that perspective, everything you don't like is stupid.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #36
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Well sure, but if we would all do it, why are we judging? Besides Nascar hasn't been worth a shit in a decade or more, so this shouldn't surprise us.
We're judging it (primarily) as a TV show/entertainment, not to mention the personality cult that has sort of formed behind it. I'm not the sort that normally goes around hating on crap in a public way (I love a lot of unfashionable stuff, and not "ironically"), but something about the popularity of this show drives me crazy. I get a similar feeling from much of modern pop-country music. Both treat the audience like morons who will consume anything with the right cultural ornaments on it.

An actual sincere documentary about an eccentric southern family might actually appeal to me (the first Dancing Outlaw documentary was great, for instance, although a little exploitive). But, I don't have any interest in watching dudes pretend to be the Beverly Hillbillies. Have y'all seen what these guys look like before the TV producers dressed them in camo and ZZ Top beards? Even if I can't blame them for "cashing in" (I think I can, to be sure), I can still criticize it for being the cynical minstrel show that it is.

Last edited by Transmaniacon; 02-12-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #37
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I don't watch Duck Dynasty. I don't dislike them, just have never been interested in the show. Pairing them with NASCAR is a smart move, IMO. Will probalby be a cash cow.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #38
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Duck Dynasty has ruined Zaxbys for me ... And that's saying something because Zaxbys is delicious
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #39
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 752990384
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Have y'all seen what these guys look like before the TV producers dressed them in camo and ZZ Top beards?
No I haven't....... why don't you enlighten us?

You do realize it could take several years to grow beards like the ones the have...... what's next, you are going to tell me those are fake?

If you don't like DD or Nascar, I get it....... what I don't get is all the hate.....
Old 02-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #40
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

The sad thing is, our country was nearly finished with Duck Dynasty, everyone was sick of it, it was fading away, and then that dude opened his mouth and made everyone angry and BAM now we're stuck with it for another year. That's what sucks the most. It was played out BEFORE the guy started opening up his mouth and became a hero for the garbage-eating neanderthal assholes who worship him
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote