CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
doubledribble
Jmansour333
KaneisAble
b381l
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
TheUSCMike
GarnetSwarm1990
usc1
Busta out indefinite (1751)
SOS says his next st (1438)
Our Road Upset Wins (1375)
CBSSports SEC predic (630)
No easy road for our (590)
Roll call for Auburn (518)
University of Buffal (435)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Our Defense? (341)
Party like it's 1903 (225)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Our Defense?
CBSSports SEC prediction
SOS says his next stop is
Our Road Upset Wins
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
World of Warcraft, CSGO,

Old 02-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material
Default D-line

Can C2, or anyone with a little more knowledge than me give a break down of where they see the DL 2 deep playing out, and what is holding back a highly touted guy like P Dukes from being a force in the middle? Will the line be a liability where it was our strength for the past few years, especially at DE.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: D-line

DE - Thomas, Harris, Johnson
DT - Surratt, Griffin
DT - Lamin, Dixon, Jr., Dukes
DE - Dixon, English, Sawyer

That is assuming Thomas and Sawyer make it into school.

I think Dukes will have his place in the DT rotation this year. Ward wants to be able to rotate 12 linemen each game. Dukes logged alot of snaps last year.

I think the Dline will be a strength again this year. If Thomas can get into school he can have an immediate impact. Also look for a big year from Lamin and Griffin at DT. I could also see David Johnson breaking out and being in the 2 deep rotation by mid season.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

I see Griffin making moves.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

I'm hoping and truly expecting Griffin to surpass Surratt at some point this season. He is quite talented and has much greater potential.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #5
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Can C2, or anyone with a little more knowledge than me give a break down of where they see the DL 2 deep playing out, and what is holding back a highly touted guy like P Dukes from being a force in the middle? Will the line be a liability where it was our strength for the past few years, especially at DE.
It was reported by one of the pay sites that Dukes really responded to Adams, much better than he did to Lawing. That's a good sign. I really think he can be a force in the middle and hopefully his second year under Adams is more of the same and more productivity.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

I have high hopes for David Johnson. Don't know where he fits in this year, but he's incredibly athletic for his size and could be a force.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #7
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
I have high hopes for David Johnson. Don't know where he fits in this year, but he's incredibly athletic for his size and could be a force.
He has a chance to be a pass rushing force at DE. A little undersized, but he can be explosive.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #8
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
He has a chance to be a pass rushing force at DE. A little undersized, but he can be explosive.

Taking size and speed in to consideration, he's really similar to Michael Sam (not the gay part though). Just hope he has a motor to match.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

nm

Last edited by rioninusc; 02-12-2014 at 05:43 PM.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think Lamin will be second string this year.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #11
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
DE - Thomas, Harris, Johnson
DT - Surratt, Griffin
DT - Lamin, Dixon, Jr., Dukes
DE - Dixon, English, Sawyer

That is assuming Thomas and Sawyer make it into school.

I think Dukes will have his place in the DT rotation this year. Ward wants to be able to rotate 12 linemen each game. Dukes logged alot of snaps last year.

I think the Dline will be a strength again this year. If Thomas can get into school he can have an immediate impact. Also look for a big year from Lamin and Griffin at DT. I could also see David Johnson breaking out and being in the 2 deep rotation by mid season.
Ced Cooper should fit in somewhere at one of these DE spots not sure where though

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #12
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Never knew gay had a part in ones ability to play football. And on top of that you don't really know, he could be gay. Doesn't matter to me, if he can have a year like Sam did this past year he can be anything for all I care, as long as it doesn't break the law.
you must have missed the memo. ha
Old 02-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #13
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Ced Cooper should fit in somewhere at one of these DE spots not sure where though
We'll see. People talk him up every offseason but he really hasn't done anything at all. He's had it rough with injuries. Hopefully he can have a good Spring and work his way into the depth chart at DE. If guys like Thomas and Sawyer don't make it in, we may have to count on him there at some point.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Never knew gay had a part in ones ability to play football. And on top of that you don't really know, he could be gay. Doesn't matter to me, if he can have a year like Sam did this past year he can be anything for all I care, as long as it doesn't break the law.

Did I ever say it was a bad thing? Relax
Old 02-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #15
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Maybe Johnson is undertall, but not undersized. He outweighs Sutton and is Dixon 44's size. If he can move the way the evaluators out of HS indicated, he could be good against the run and as a rusher. I figured earlier that given his height, he would eventually move inside, but he may have filled out his frame already. If he has good DE quickness and pursuit, he might be a big backer candidate, but I think we should have that covered soon. It never hurts to have those Ingram types who can play down or up.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think Johnson if stronger faster than Ingram. I don't know about Motor and hands though.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #17
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Good bad, it doesn't need to be pointed out, who cares, he's gay. It would of been better to just say he plays just like Michael Sam. You wouldn't say the next great RB is just like George Rogers(even him being straight). Would you?

Edit
Sorry for the rambling. I guess I don't find things like this funny. It seems you posted this in a humorous manner.

Last edited by rioninusc; 02-12-2014 at 05:43 PM.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Maybe Johnson is undertall, but not undersized. He outweighs Sutton and is Dixon 44's size. If he can move the way the evaluators out of HS indicated, he could be good against the run and as a rusher. I figured earlier that given his height, he would eventually move inside, but he may have filled out his frame already. If he has good DE quickness and pursuit, he might be a big backer candidate, but I think we should have that covered soon. It never hurts to have those Ingram types who can play down or up.
Yeah, undertall is what I meant. That's a good term for it. He has a really good weight for a DE.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #19
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
then why mention it at all?
Old 02-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #20
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Taking size and speed in to consideration, he's really similar to Michael Sam (not the gay part though). Just hope he has a motor to match.
This part seems pretty unnecessary... why even add it your post? And if he is half as good as Michael Sam that will be great.. Sam is a beast DE.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote