Welcome to Cockytalk!
Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!
If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!
|Today's Top 10|
|Posters (by posts)||Threads (by views)||Newest Posts||Gamecock Headlines|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|02-12-2014, 09:16 PM||#1|
1st Team All-American
Join Date: Sep 2005
Help me find cheap desktop!
My PC constantly shuts off due to a hardware issue I haven't been able to identify after some troubleshooting (memory swap, HD swaps, re-installs, etc) without swapping the motherboard. Pisses me off because I've only had it for 3 years. I've been living with this issue for almost a year and it has become progressively worse.
Here is what I am looking for- I have been browsing online but haven't found "that deal" yet:
- Intel. This past PC was my first AMD and I am scarred now.
- Memory amount is irrelevant, I have 8GB in spare sticks from troubleshooting. It MUST be DDR3, however...and take my extra 8GB.
- HD size isn't important, I have a 750GB from my current I can use as well as a 500GB external.
- Windows 7 64-bit, please.
- I want to spend less than $300 and get the best machine possible with these specs. Would really like to be under $250.
- In store or online, I don't mind.
- Tower only...I already have a 24" monitor.
- Built-in wireless would be a big plus.
I don't game. My main uses are:
- Browsing internet, videos, etc.
- Photo storage
All help is appreciated!