CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
elcid99
sporkgod50
BiggerLSUfan
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1149)
Ranking the Opposing (1009)
Not a Rival.. (760)
Gamecock Coaches as (576)
help with army insig (410)
NCAA Football 15 (352)
Hello Gamecocks! (280)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (242)
I'm a grand godfathe (240)
George Miller revisi (214)
Not a Rival..
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Clemson Recruiting...how
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Jay Paterno Attempts To R
NCAA Football 15
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Green and Lammons

Old 02-11-2014, 04:06 AM   #421
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

I agree with the above sentiment. I think we end up losing Rivers to UGA, and I think we get Key to re-commit, and I'd bet Key announces his decision before his senior season starts.

I hope we hold onto Sherrod Pittman, but I just don't see us keeping the FL schools at bay. Between UF, FSU, and Miami negative recruiting against the Gamecocks... it may be too hard to see through for Sherrod
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #422
Sabu1
Walk On

Male

Sabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I agree with the above sentiment. I think we end up losing Rivers to UGA, and I think we get Key to re-commit, and I'd bet Key announces his decision before his senior season starts.

I hope we hold onto Sherrod Pittman, but I just don't see us keeping the FL schools at bay. Between UF, FSU, and Miami negative recruiting against the Gamecocks... it may be too hard to see through for Sherrod
Dont agree about rivers. We have a ton of help at stephenson hs. Im very confident we keep rivers and dj neal due to whammy's relationships at that school.
Sabu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #423
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu1 View Post
Dont agree about rivers. We have a ton of help at stephenson hs. Im very confident we keep rivers and dj neal due to whammy's relationships at that school.
He transferred from Tucker, who hates us, to Stephenson who loves us. Might be something to that.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #424
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

would be a massive upset for us to lose Rivers imo, Key, Rivers, and Blackshear would be a start of a great DL class just add a couple big uglies on the interior

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #425
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
would be a massive upset for us to lose Rivers imo, Key, Rivers, and Blackshear would be a start of a great DL class just add a couple big uglies on the interior
We won't get all 3.
henmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #426
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
We won't get all 3.
we are expected to get all three
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #427
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
we are expected to get all three
Just those three or would we take 1-2 more?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #428
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Just those three or would we take 1-2 more?
probably depends on where things end up with this year's class.....
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #429
kbcocks
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 266
kbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his combkbcocks is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
probably depends on where things end up with this year's class.....
Im an optimist but i think we get all three and adam mcclean.
kbcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:03 AM   #430
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Hopefully this means that we are finally at the point where top recruits will be "knocking at our door" and getting in line and we may have to turn some away.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:29 AM   #431
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

We'll get Key and Blackshear. We will be fine without Chauncey Rivers. It'd be nice to have him, but if Key fills out as projected... Key and Blackshear would be starting over Rivers IMO.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #432
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

It's hilarious that some of you are writing off a player that is/has been committed to USC and are now guaranteeing that we land Key. You do realize Rivers committed to USC with Blackshear and Key already committed? Some of you act like it is impossible to land all 3.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #433
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
It's hilarious that some of you are writing off a player that is/has been committed to USC and are now guaranteeing that we land Key. You do realize Rivers committed to USC with Blackshear and Key already committed? Some of you act like it is impossible to land all 3.
^This, Rivers is a verbal commit. Let's add Key and end up with the best DE class in the nation.
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #434
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29799800
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
We'll get Key and Blackshear. We will be fine without Chauncey Rivers. Key and Blackshear would be starting over Rivers IMO.
Just curious, are you getting inside info, or are you simply guessing?

Reason I ask is you seem to be constantly poor mouthing our chances of getting players, and you don't seem to have any knowledge other than consulting a Magic 8 Ball or throwing darts at lists of players.

We may not get Rivers. We may not get Key. Blackshear might turn out to be a modern day Ricardo Hurley, while Rivers might be our next All American.

You're downplaying guys who haven't even been to their Junior Prom, much less sign here.

Stop being so d**n negative....
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #435
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
We'll get Key and Blackshear. We will be fine without Chauncey Rivers. It'd be nice to have him, but if Key fills out as projected... Key and Blackshear would be starting over Rivers IMO.
I think Rivers is head and shoulders better than Key.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #436
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

We have plenty of room for all 3. I would expect Wideman and Sawyer to grow into DT's in the very near future. Both of those kids will blow up when they hit a College weight room. A solid 2 deep at the DE position is ideal. With Teams going to the spread you need as many DE's that can run and chase the QB as possible. I think having a solid 2 deep makes the Team better and the players. They can go 100% at all times knowing they have another stud coming in behind them.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #437
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 800
garnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudlygarnet&black1998rn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
Just curious, are you getting inside info, or are you simply guessing?

Reason I ask is you seem to be constantly poor mouthing our chances of getting players, and you don't seem to have any knowledge other than consulting a Magic 8 Ball or throwing darts at lists of players.

We may not get Rivers. We may not get Key. Blackshear might turn out to be a modern day Ricardo Hurley, while Rivers might be our next All American.

You're downplaying guys who haven't even been to their Junior Prom, much less sign here.

Stop being so d**n negative....

PC , this seems to be the MO for several of the recruitnicks on this site. Offer info as if it is pertinent up to date info from some inside source then deny the value if questioned about the info. It is usually just a load of BS and personal opinion about what someone heard from someone who knows. guess it is important on this board to share what knowledge you think is valid , whether true, speculation or made up. Kinda' defeats the purpose of recruiting news when it not positive, or negative just created for thread value.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #438
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
We have plenty of room for all 3. I would expect Wideman and Sawyer to grow into DT's in the very near future. Both of those kids will blow up when they hit a College weight room. A solid 2 deep at the DE position is ideal. With Teams going to the spread you need as many DE's that can run and chase the QB as possible. I think having a solid 2 deep makes the Team better and the players. They can go 100% at all times knowing they have another stud coming in behind them.
I think Sawyer can stay at DE even if he adds weight. Didn't Melvin DE around 275 or so? I would think Sawyer can certainly do that. Personally, I see him very similar to Melvin in that he can play DE on first and second down, then slide inside on third down and passing situations, allowing guys like Blackshear and Key (hopefully) to come off the edge in those situations. Sawyer could probably even stand up and play LB in those situations, as well.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #439
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I think Sawyer can stay at DE even if he adds weight. Didn't Melvin DE around 275 or so? I would think Sawyer can certainly do that. Personally, I see him very similar to Melvin in that he can play DE on first and second down, then slide inside on third down and passing situations, allowing guys like Blackshear and Key (hopefully) to come off the edge in those situations. Sawyer could probably even stand up and play LB in those situations, as well.
I agree...it looks like we're probably going to have 3 or 4 guys that can play end or slide inside on any given play, which I think is great. Gives Whammy so many more options.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #440
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Sawyer is 270 now. I agree if he quits growing at 270 DE is not a problem but it will not surprise me and I almost expect him to be in the 290 range soon.