CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
JerseyBird
smoovecock
Regalcock
b381l
johnnyb
markymark550
RGHoskins
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (2152)
Constant Updates on (2046)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1116)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (1040)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1019)
How cool would it be (901)
Carolina/Clemson gam (703)
Palmetto Bowl (592)
Chattanooga upends N (460)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Constant Updates on Watso
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
NEW Pics from South Alaba

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #41
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Rasool Clemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
WAY too skinny to play DE. Dude would really have to beef up, but I could see him playing TE or WR. Either way, from what I've read, if LSU offers he's gone.
Prefers to stay closer to home. We can get this kid if we push no doubt about it. He also will be a WDE on the College level. Yes he is only 200lbs but that is going into his Senior year.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #42
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

He needs a USC offer first. I doubt he gets one until the spring and summer evaluation period and that's assuming USC misses on Arden Key and slips with guys like Clelin Ferrell. I also think if another instate offer to a DE was going out it would/would've been to Michael Barnett who just committed to Virginia Tech. It'll be interesting to see what USC does with their board in the Spring.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #43
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He needs a USC offer first. I doubt he gets one until the spring and summer evaluation period and that's assuming USC misses on Arden Key and slips with guys like Clelin Ferrell. I also think if another instate offer to a DE was going out it would/would've been to Michael Barnett who just committed to Virginia Tech. It'll be interesting to see what USC does with their board in the Spring.
when will our coaches decide which kids aren't going to return. It would seem best to do it before the next semester begins so they can transfer at mid year and give them a chance to participate in spring practice at their new school. Of course a couple of kids may be given another opportunity this spring to see if they improve.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #44
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Back to Clemons....aren't he and Key about the same size now.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #45
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Prefers to stay closer to home. We can get this kid if we push no doubt about it. He also will be a WDE on the College level. Yes he is only 200lbs but that is going into his Senior year.
Rivals has him down at 190 lbs.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #46
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Rivals has him down at 190 lbs.
He is 200lbs now. That was probably his Sophomore weight. No doubt the kid needs to gain weight and strength but the tools are their.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #47
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Kid looks like a really great 3, hope Coach Martin can land him.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:03 AM   #48
lucas
Walk On

Male

lucas has hatched from the shell

Not surprising but told today by someone who plays with him and is a close friend of him that he is a silent commit to LSU.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #49
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

I would be curious if LSU would take his commit. They normally like the bigger DE's.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #50
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Yea... I'm from Aiken and I don't believe that
Old 02-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #51
lucas
Walk On

Male

lucas has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Yea... I'm from Aiken and I don't believe that
Just passing along what I was told.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #52
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Not surprising but told today by someone who plays with him and is a close friend of him that he is a silent commit to LSU.
not silent now....I'm not saying I don't believe you, but a 3* small DE from SC seems like a stretch for LSU.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #53
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Man people have to be crazy not to see this guy at lb playing for USC. If I was coaching that's where I would recruit him to play
Old 02-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #54
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Man people have to be crazy not to see this guy at lb playing for USC. If I was coaching that's where I would recruit him to play

Uh 6'6" 200 pounds is not your typical frame for a LB. I think he could project into a Barkevious Mingo type which is what LSU may be thinking. Doubt he ends up here. Talented player though.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #55
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Typical... You have to think outside the box. A 6'6 225 pound linebacker batting sown passes and whatnot. Fla st has guys like that and they seem to be doing ok. I'm telling ya him and Pittman at lb would be awesome.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #56
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

And keeping this guy instate would be great. I'm just saying he would be a good fit at lb, and if he got a lot bigger play him at de. Just keep him at home for USC
Old 02-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #57
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Typical... You have to think outside the box. A 6'6 225 pound linebacker batting sown passes and whatnot. Fla st has guys like that and they seem to be doing ok. I'm telling ya him and Pittman at lb would be awesome.
FSU didn't have a LB taller than 6'4 on its entire roster in 2013
Old 02-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #58
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Number 7 played lb there for a while. He played de this last year. I'm just sayin I hope we get him and he plays lb.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #59
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Number 7 played lb there for a while. He played de this last year. I'm just sayin I hope we get him and he plays lb.
#7 was Christian Jones, 6'4 235lbs.

Clemons would only play LB in a 3-4 scheme and even then he would have his hand on the ground more times than not rushing the passer. You don't typically ask a 6'6 player to play in space as a LB
Old 02-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #60
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Yeah we'll just pass on a great player at a position because of a couple inches... Right. I think Russell Wilson would disagree and probably a lot of other players at positions and names I can't think of right now. Coach ward could figure out a spot for him to play if he wants to come here, and a 185, 190 pound guy isn't playing end.
Closed Thread