CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
johnnyb
ucan'tlickourcocks
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
markp_vip
taylorssc
QCB
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
No Comments on the H (1365)
Call of Duty: Advanc (433)
Freshman ND WR " (430)
Keeping tailgate foo (232)
Good Riddance to bad (228)
Vote For Cocky (204)
Things They Should H (196)
An A to Z of Noah We (119)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (25)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (11)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
NCAAF: OREGON @ CALIFORNI
NCAAF: BYU @ BOISE STATE
NCAAF: TEXAS @ KANSAS STA
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI STATE
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MICHIGA
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA @ OK
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Ryan Bates - Penn State

Quote:
5/23/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Ryan Bates
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Ryan Bates

He also wants to stop by Virginia and South Carolina. And, although the Nittany Lions are Cooper's favorite, Bates admitted that's not the case with him.

"Right now, out of all the offers I have, I really like South Carolina," he said. "I really want to play in the SEC. It was my whole dream."

Looks like we lead.

I remember someone saying the other day we would need to have a big 2015 OL recruiting cycle and we lead with Veal and now this guy. Things are shaping up very nicely.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

It looks like we were the 3rd school to offer after Virginia and Temple. Our staff really does a good job of evaluating early before other schools catch on.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
7/9/2013: Ryan Bates unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 08-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 OL Ryan Bates (6-5 285) of Warminster, PA is showing early interest in USC. The offensive lineman has several early offers, to include USC, and took an unofficial visit to Columbia just two weeks ago. “It’s a beautiful campus,” he said. “I got a chance to spend some time with coach (G.A) Mangus and he’s a real down-to-earth guy. I know it’s a good school and they have a great football program, obviously, since they finished in the top ten last year.” His other offers include Penn State, Virginia, Rutgers, Temple and Georgia Tech with interest from Clemson, Boston College, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Ohio State and Texas A&M among others. His only other visits are Penn State and Virginia. Bates is hopeful to make it back to Columbia for a game this season, but is unsure if he can make it. “It will depend on my schedule,” said Bates. “It’s pretty far so I don’t know if I can make it. I do know I’m going to a Penn State game this year.” Bates wants to keep an open mind during the recruiting process but says USC would be a good place to attend school. He is considering a visit to Clemson in the future. There are no leaders for Bates.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...in-some-games/

Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
USC is in an early battle with Penn State for junior OL Ryan Bates of Warminster, PA. Bates has nine offers in all with interest from around the country but has the Gamecocks and Nittany Lions at the top of his list. “I still get hand-written letters from G.A. Mangus and hear from them on twitter a good bit” Bates said. He visited over the summer and wants to make it back down to Columbia. “I would love to get back there but, honestly, I don’t know when I’ll have the time,” he said. “It’s a really long drive…you know what I mean?” Bates has taken just one visit this season when he was at Penn State for the Eastern Michigan game. “I’ve been there a lot so there isn’t too much new for me to see,” he said. His offers are from USC, Penn State, Virginia, Rutgers, Temple, Georgia Tech, Maryland, PItt and Boston College. Other schools are showing a lot of interest. “I’ve heard a lot from Notre Dame, Stanford and Syracuse,” Bates said. He is taking his time in making a decision and does not have any other visits scheduled.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ruiting-recap/

Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Bates lists a top three of Penn State, South Carolina and Virginia
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Inside-...-Madden-158577

Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
OL Ryan Bates of Warminster, PA plans to make his college decision in the spring of 2014 and right now, of the schools offering him, he likes USC and Penn State the most. “They both have good football programs, good legacies and phenomenal coaching staffs,” Bates said. USC is recruiting Bates as a guard and he’s in regular contact with recruiter GA Mangus. “I feel like he has a lot of interest in me,” Bates said. Mangus did not make it to Bates’ school this month but he did see recruiters from Virginia, Miami, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Duke and Syracuse. Bates plans to visit some schools this off season but is not sure where though USC is possible. “They are attractive,” he said of the Gamecocks. Bates holds offers from USC, Penn State, Rutgers, Virginia, Temple, Georgia Tech, Boston College, Maryland, Duke, Illinois, Pittsburgh and Miami.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...word-from-usc/

Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #9
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Us and Penn State are on top right now. He will most likely visit here this summer.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #10
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Us and Penn State are on top right now. He will most likely visit here this summer.
Franklin + being close to home makes Penn State hard to beat on this one.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #11
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Franklin + being close to home makes Penn State hard to beat on this one.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I thought we had a good chance when O'Brien was coach but Franklin will definitely make this tough.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #12
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Turn Elliot loose on him too. M&E would be a force.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #13
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Lock this guy down.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #14
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Penn Stater
Old 02-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #15
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

if anyone can pull this guy from Penn State its GA

Old 02-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #16
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Damian Prince re-do
Old 02-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #17
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Well we have time to get other o. Tackles if this guy stays home
Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Not too surprising, but looks like Ryan committed to Penn State on his Junior Day visit there this past weekend.
Closed Thread