CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
FanofCarolina1
b381l
JerseyBird
TheUniversityofSC
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
Could Pharoh Run the (1365)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1225)
Huge recruiting week (1136)
TV?? (1036)
Big George Statue (880)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (737)
Fly_over tomorrow? (657)
No Shave November (550)
Awful Shooting Conti (548)
Scholarship Lounge B (518)
Big George Statue
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Na'ty Rogers
TV??
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
2 Carolina/Clemson tix fo
Huge recruiting weekend
River Bluff High School.
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna

Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #441
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
we are expected to get all three
I understand that. But I have heard that Key is concerned about the number of DEs we have signed and have committed. Let's see how many from this actually make it in.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:37 AM   #442
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
PC , this seems to be the MO for several of the recruitnicks on this site. Offer info as if it is pertinent up to date info from some inside source then deny the value if questioned about the info. It is usually just a load of BS and personal opinion about what someone heard from someone who knows. guess it is important on this board to share what knowledge you think is valid , whether true, speculation or made up. Kinda' defeats the purpose of recruiting news when it not positive, or negative just created for thread value.
In fairness, 95% of the posts on here are bullshit....so it's up to us to figure out which 5% are relevant......that's the fun part.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #443
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

How could a player possibly be concerned about the number of DEs we have? Half of them will never even make it through the clearinghouse. That's a joke, right? I'm dead serious. If Key is scared of the competitive numbers, then move on son.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #444
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I understand that. But I have heard that Key is concerned about the number of DEs we have signed and have committed. Let's see how many from this actually make it in.
Where did you hear that garbage?
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #445
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We're going to try to stockpile on the position I believe we are making a push to be a top tier team, and if we have enough quality guys wanting to be elite SEC DLs for an elite national unit we are going to try to get them. Enough will be willing to be patient and develop and improve their game and won't be scared of the competition. We aren't going to get them all but I think we will get more than we need.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #446
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Helps us that Rivers decommitted

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #447
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Helps us that Rivers decommitted
Probably, but Key has a bunch of growing to do, Rivers is much farther along.
I am less concerned about DE than any other position.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #448
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Probably, but Key has a bunch of growing to do, Rivers is much farther along.
I am less concerned about DE than any other position.
Still need as many as we can get. Losing Rivers is huge. He would have played right away. It'll be interesting to see who we sign other than Blackshear, if any.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #449
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Where did you hear that garbage?

His coach. But I imagine Rivers flipping to UGa helped a lot. I had heard that someone would drop.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #450
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

I'd rather have Key than Rivers. Key has a higher ceiling to me. Rivers wants to play OLB now because he knows he's too short for the long term at DE. That and coaches have told him that's where he should be. I saw a picture of him standing by Richt today and he was barely taller than Richt. We all know that the guys with longer arms can do more things. Key most definitely has longer arms and a lot more room to grow.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #451
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I'd rather have Key than Rivers. Key has a higher ceiling to me. Rivers wants to play OLB now because he knows he's too short for the long term at DE. That and coaches have told him that's where he should be. I saw a picture of him standing by Richt today and he was barely taller than Richt. We all know that the guys with longer arms can do more things. Key most definitely has longer arms and a lot more room to grow.
Don't forget Richt was a QB for Miami..... He's not nick Sabah. Rivers is a heck of a talent as is Key. I want them both, lol.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #452
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

I think we get key now and we could still get another good DE. Rivers was gonna be the 3rd best DE in this class at best, so i dont think this is that big of a deal.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #453
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Still need as many as we can get. Losing Rivers is huge. He would have played right away. It'll be interesting to see who we sign other than Blackshear, if any.
You can't just keep adding a bunch of DE every class. Was Rivers going to beat out Thomas, Sawyer, Wideman, Blackshear and Key. Maybe he flipped because he saw too many good players already ahead of him.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #454
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 960
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Rivers too short for DE? He's 6'3". Could develop in to a solid 6'3" 260 by the time he hits the field. Could play LB or DE but considering how well he's done rushing the passer against elite OL in camps up to this point he would be best at DE. UGA sold him on playing LB because he isn't big enough to be a 3-4 DE. But he'd do just fine in the 4-3.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #455
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Rivers too short for DE? He's 6'3". Could develop in to a solid 6'3" 260 by the time he hits the field. Could play LB or DE but considering how well he's done rushing the passer against elite OL in camps up to this point he would be best at DE. UGA sold him on playing LB because he isn't big enough to be a 3-4 DE. But he'd do just fine in the 4-3.
There is no way he's 6'3. He's barely taller than Richt. Unless Richt is 6'2 then I highly doubt Rivers is 6'3.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:45 AM   #456
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You can't just keep adding a bunch of DE every class. Was Rivers going to beat out Thomas, Sawyer, Wideman, Blackshear and Key. Maybe he flipped because he saw too many good players already ahead of him.
Yes you can. Games are won up front. You can't have too many good DE's, particularly ones that can rush the passer. Who knows if he would have beaten those guys? He would have added depth.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #457
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Quote:
I believe that Sawyer and Wideman will end up on the inside so we may have a little more room at de than it would seem. I saw alot of Kelcy Quarles in hs and saw Wideman play in several games and Sawyer on video and they remind me a lot of each other at the same point in their careers
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #458
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I believe that Sawyer and Wideman will end up on the inside so we may have a little more room at de than it would seem. I saw alot of Kelcy Quarles in hs and saw Wideman play in several games and Sawyer on video and they remind me a lot of each other at the same point in their careers
This is why losing Rivers is big and why you can never sign too many DE's. You never know how many of them will eventually grow into DT's.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #459
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Coach Richt is 6'2
Old 02-16-2014, 01:34 AM   #460
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
I think we get key now and we could still get another good DE. Rivers was gonna be the 3rd best DE in this class at best, so i dont think this is that big of a deal.
Disagree. Rivers is a beast
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote