CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
75CarolinaFan
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
Aggie96
uscjeremynca
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
Sidney Rice Retiring (1245)
Dan Patrick Show - P (578)
ESPN Insider (499)
Pictures of older Co (411)
SOS Dominating SEC M (249)
Bonefish Grill (242)
Places to eat in Con (241)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (191)
This Song is the F'i (179)
What Are The Most Im (161)
Another A&M aggie off
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Predict Clemson 2014
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Georgia Defensive returni
Jake Coker
Green and Lammons

Old 02-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #41
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: D-line

We now have a team oriented line rather than individual performance.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #42
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i dont agree with this team vs individual angle, but we will have more depth. so while its not as likely were going to have 2 all sec players on the line, if we get enough of these freshmen in and english, harris, and cooper can put on enough weight we'll be more versatile with more options.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #43
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Is Devin Washington going to play? He had a concussion and has been out for a year now I believe.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #44
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Is Devin Washington going to play? He had a concussion and has been out for a year now I believe.
He's been cleared to workout with the team and returns so far have been positive from everything I've read. Hopefully he sees the field this year.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #45
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
He's been cleared to workout with the team and returns so far have been positive from everything I've read. Hopefully he sees the field this year.

Devin is a great person. I hope the concussion issues didn't kill his desire to play football because I think he can be very good.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #46
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
i dont agree with this team vs individual angle, but we will have more depth. so while its not as likely were going to have 2 all sec players on the line, if we get enough of these freshmen in and english, harris, and cooper can put on enough weight we'll be more versatile with more options.
I could see us using Cooper or Harris as a "rover" on some downs where they won't be at a set position, but their only goal will be getting after the QB. Could be cool to utilize.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #47
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

I wish Harris and English could play LB against run heavy teams. They won't see the field versus Auburn or UGA.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #48
BigMike
Walk On

Male

BigMike has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Dante Sawyer is way bigger than 235. He is almost 270.
I believe you. He is a super talented player that I think can gain weight easily. I just had not been to one of his game since the early part of the season. I'm sure all the guys are probably different weights. I checked out English and he was 245lb. I decided to wait for the winter reports to come out to show new weights since they will loose some weight during spring training anyway.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #49
BigMike
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
I think he will be in the rotation. Personally, I have never known a player to be out so long with a concussion.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #50
BigMike
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
I wish Harris and English could play LB against run heavy teams. They won't see the field versus Auburn or UGA.
English will see the field a lot this year against all the teams. He is not the same size as we saw him during the bowl interview.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #51
BigMike
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
I see Dukes starting for sure. That guy is a beast.
Dukes starting is totally possible. Last year most believed that Surratt and Dixon were very similar and Dukes was not far behind in talent. I expect someone to break from the pack.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #52
BigMike
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
I forgot about Cooper. I can't wait to see how he takes to the position change.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #53
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

BigMike coming in and swinging the hammer on the D-line thread!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #54
BigMike
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
BigMike coming in and swinging the hammer on the D-line thread!
i got some weight room updates from Clark at rivals

"I know a lot of you are curious about DE and CB in particular going into the spring. I can tell you that Darius English is now 240 pounds and Cedrick Cooper, who of course moved over to DE from LB last last year, is 235. English was listed at 226 going into list season and Cooper at 213.
The goal is to get English up to 250 pounds by spring, so we'll see. Just wanted to pass that on."
Old 02-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #55
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Devin is a great person. I hope the concussion issues didn't kill his desire to play football because I think he can be very good.
I do too. I remember insiders saying he has a chance to be really good soon after NSD 2013. He has good size and a good motor, which seems to be a common theme regarding some of the DE's we've recruited the last couple of years.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #56
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I do too. I remember insiders saying he has a chance to be really good soon after NSD 2013. He has good size and a good motor, which seems to be a common theme regarding some of the DE's we've recruited the last couple of years.

It'll be difficult to come back from being out a year though and still reach his potential. He was held out of practice for so long and who knows what else he was held out of (weightlifting, workouts). Rooting for him.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #57
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
It'll be difficult to come back from being out a year though and still reach his potential. He was held out of practice for so long and who knows what else he was held out of (weightlifting, workouts). Rooting for him.
Yeah, but hopefully an entire offseason of working out and getting back in to shape plus spring practice will be beneficial for him.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #58
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I like the way deke rotates his group. He lets everybody play and keeps the guys fresh. Plus he is a great recruiter. This years performance of that group will tell a lot. I'm starting to like him more and more
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #59
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
I like the way deke rotates his group. He lets everybody play and keeps the guys fresh. Plus he is a great recruiter. This years performance of that group will tell a lot. I'm starting to like him more and more
Adams does rotate the line well and he has great recruiting skills. i don't know how much Clowney, Quarles and others took to his style of coaching. I believe Dixon (44) believed in his coaching style. I just don't know how much the starters took to his coaching style. He was not on the same level as Brad Lawing. Physical shape, confusion, missed assignments, arguments among coaches kind of give you a clue. Adams did well his first year and will get better. I will not cry anymore over spilled milk.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #60
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFighter View Post
Adams does rotate the line well and he has great recruiting skills. i don't know how much Clowney, Quarles and others took to his style of coaching. I believe Dixon (44) believed in his coaching style. I just don't know how much the starters took to his coaching style. He was not on the same level as Brad Lawing. Physical shape, confusion, missed assignments, arguments among coaches kind of give you a clue. Adams did well his first year and will get better. I will not cry anymore over spilled milk.
I've always thought the second year will be the year teams start seeing results from new coaches, particularly position coaches. Dixon and Dukes both seemed to take to Deke very well, and hopefully a second year under him sees much improvement from that unit.