CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
WeStillOwnUSC
Tolley
SwampFox
GamecockGuardsman
kingofnerf
ColaCock
doubledribble
TN game weather (1093)
Who is your favorite (864)
Marvel releases movi (398)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (386)
Aliens Are Real (361)
FSU vs. Louisville (301)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (239)
Need a ride tomorrow (168)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (148)
Talking Animals (107)
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls
Interesting quotes from D
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Uniforms for Tenn
Tennessee - South Carolin
Lattimore to play after S
TN game weather
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH

Old 02-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default In State Recruits

Who are the top guys in SC for the 2015 class?
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs
Default Re: In State Recruits

Top 10 according to 247 sports composite ratings:

1) Shameik Blackshear WDE (committed to S. Carolina)
2) Albert Huggins DT
3) Zack Bailey OT
4) Jonathan Sutton OLB
5) Ty'Shon Williams RB
6) Lyrics Klugh CB
7) Michael Barnett SDE
8) Rasool Clemmons WDE
9) Shaq Crouch OT
10) Marquane Goodman DUAL QB
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Thanks Payne. I know kaleb chalmers is pretty high up there too.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

Got to lock our state down first and then go cherry picking.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

another down year in SC expect a mostly out of state class again from my understanding

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Thanks Payne. I know kaleb chalmers is pretty high up there too.
Chalmers is 15th on the 247 composite which is what I normally look at these days.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Wait... there is a guy with the first name "Lyrics". Ok, now I have heard of everything.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
another down year in SC expect a mostly out of state class again from my understanding
Yep.
Rumor is Zack Bailey will leave the state, and we really don't have much talent at positions we are recruiting.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Gaffney OL T.J. Haney. Has the size of an SEC OT, and I think he could be like a Malik Young...sleeper that we can get in on early.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Got to lock our state down first and then go cherry picking.
I agree.
Except this year I think we can find better talent in Ga and NC is loaded with talent this next recruiting cycle.
Two-time National Champs

Old 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #10
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I have to agree that the SC HS talent as a whole is very poor this year.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #11
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Yep.
Rumor is Zack Bailey will leave the state, and we really don't have much talent at positions we are recruiting.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Gaffney OL T.J. Haney. Has the size of an SEC OT, and I think he could be like a Malik Young...sleeper that we can get in on early.
I think in the big picture we land Bailey.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #12
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
That would be nice. Solid lineman and we need linemen.
Two-time National Champs

Old 02-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #13
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
That would be nice. Solid lineman and we need linemen.
With our need at LT and Hyatt committing to Clemson it really enhances our chances. Throw in Elliott who will make this kid feel like a priority a lot of factors will work in our favor.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #14
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

That's too bad the talent isn't that high this year. I atleast hope we can get
Mr.Football
Old 02-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #15
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

What's good is the 2015 class can possibly going to be one of our best ever and our in state talent is down, which means we will go out of state a lot. I think that's a good sign of our rise as a program.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #16
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's too bad the talent isn't that high this year. I atleast hope we can get
Mr.Football
He is currently committed to us.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #17
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Bailey is a must get.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #18
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
He is currently committed to us.
Blackshear. It slipped my mind. Haha
Old 02-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #19
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

With Rivers de-committing I would liek to see SC go hard after Michael Barnett. I think the kid has every bit if not more talent than Key or Rivers.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #20
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

I think Key is a special pass rushing prospect and the only question with him is if his frame will allow him to eventually be special in the SEC.

I would like to see us get in the game with Barnett though
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote