CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
Gamecocks1137
MWard
nodnahs
Lonnie
CockyRyan
Clemson Recruiting.. (2122)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1463)
Ranking the Opposing (1326)
Not a Rival.. (993)
Gamecock Coaches as (876)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (714)
NCAA Football 15 (497)
Hello Gamecocks! (364)
Marching band (364)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (280)
Clemson Recruiting...how
NCAA Football 15
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Gurley or Davis
2015 - Nyheim Hines
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Galaxy vs Seatle
2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Old 01-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #21
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: I was selected

Congratulations on your selectability......
Old 02-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #22
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

The beta starts tomorrow, I believe. There will be both a PC and an X1 beta. You can probably still sign up on the titanfall website...and I would strongly suggest it. Fantastic title.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #23
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I have been watching the live streams today. The targeting pistol is so OP. it seems to lock on to the bots faster than the real players, but it still looked cheap. The kick is a one hit kill which is just stupid. Honestly I got bored watching the streams. I know some people want this to be the COD killer, but I just don't see it happening.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #24
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
The beta starts tomorrow, I believe. There will be both a PC and an X1 beta. You can probably still sign up on the titanfall website...and I would strongly suggest it. Fantastic title.

Yeah I applied for the PC beta. Hope I get in.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #25
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Man beta looks cool. So much better than BF4 glad they went with source engine.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #26
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

I'm Hoping that I get an invite.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #27
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I have been watching the live streams today. The targeting pistol is so OP. it seems to lock on to the bots faster than the real players, but it still looked cheap. The kick is a one hit kill which is just stupid. Honestly I got bored watching the streams. I know some people want this to be the COD killer, but I just don't see it happening.
Unless they've changed it significantly from the beta, it won't be OP because it's very difficult to get a lock...especially in the middle of a battle. I used it a few times but went back to the assault rifles.

As for being a CoD killer, I don't know why anyone would be expecting that...two completely different games, though it does "feel" a lot like CoD. I think the game is going to do very, very well though. It is really fun to play...fast paced...intense battles. It's not going to replace military style "realistic" shooters like battlefield and it's not going to replace military style "arcade" shooters like CoD. It will be its own game, IMO.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #28
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Man beta looks cool. So much better than BF4 glad they went with source engine.
BF4 on the X1 is beautiful. Perhaps you're talking about current gen? If so, I agree. Titanfall does look good. Very good.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #29
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material

Quote:
BF4 on the X1 is beautiful. Perhaps you're talking about current gen? If so, I agree. Titanfall does look good. Very good.

Oh BF4 does look great graphically, I play it on PC at ultra with 4xMSAA but the source engine is so much more mature and smooth. There are tons of bugs in frostbite. I'm not really a fan of realistic shooters, I like more arena style like Unreal Tourney 2004, TFC, TF2, give me a hitscan weapon where the only thing that matters is reaction time and not crap like bullet drop.

Last edited by ultimatetailgater; 02-14-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #30
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Oh BF4 does look great graphically, I play it on PC at ultra with 4xMSAA but the source engine is so much more mature and smooth. There are tons of bugs in frostbite.
Yeah...luckily the X1 seems to be the most stable of all the platforms. I feel for you PC players...we don't see some of the crap y'all have to deal with.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #31
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Yeah...luckily the X1 seems to be the most stable of all the platforms. I feel for you PC players...we don't see some of the crap y'all have to deal with.

Ya lol, i'd be happy if they would just fix the damn 0 health bug. Good thing about source it was developed for the PC. I can go 65 - 15 on TF2 lucky if i can go 15-15 in bf4 lol.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #32
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Still haven't gotten a beta code and I signed up right away.

Apparently there's quite the shenanigans going on with the codes...aaahhhhhhhhhhhh, EA. :/

Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #33
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Still haven't gotten a beta code and I signed up right away.

Apparently there's quite the shenanigans going on with the codes...aaahhhhhhhhhhhh, EA. :/

Ya I was following the lead dev on twitter I got on the link 30sec after it went up. No joy here either.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #34
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

the beta has turned out to be complete and total bullshit. it's not a stress tester for servers or an avenue to locate bugs/glitches/gameplay issues. it's a thinly veiled promotion, plain and simple.

all the codes are going out to bloggers, video game mags, youtubers, twitter accounts, and any other social media they can reach...then they let these websites/companies pimp their game for them and their website/whatever by giving out codes. i've seen people on reddit with 10+ codes for both pc and X1.

meanwhile, the loyal gamers get screwed. EA is the anti-christ.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #35
GamecockFan7689
Go Cocks and Go Braves!

Male

CockyCash: 1001085
GamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to GamecockFan7689

Quote:
the beta has turned out to be complete and total bullshit. it's not a stress tester for servers or an avenue to locate bugs/glitches/gameplay issues. it's a thinly veiled promotion, plain and simple.

all the codes are going out to bloggers, video game mags, youtubers, twitter accounts, and any other social media they can reach...then they let these websites/companies pimp their game for them and their website/whatever by giving out codes. i've seen people on reddit with 10+ codes for both pc and X1.

meanwhile, the loyal gamers get screwed. EA is the anti-christ.
That's what I thought too, but a buddy and I both got our codes today at about the exact same time around 2:00 or so through email from just signing up on the site when it went up a few days ago. Keep an eye out on your email and hopefully you'll get one as well. Very fun experience so far.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #36
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockFan7689 View Post
That's what I thought too, but a buddy and I both got our codes today at about the exact same time around 2:00 or so through email from just signing up on the site when it went up a few days ago. Keep an eye out on your email and hopefully you'll get one as well. Very fun experience so far.
yeah, i played the alpha. very fun.

i've seen way too much of the bullshit though for it to be just a conspiracy theory. it's the social media BS along with people signing up with MULTIPLE email addys and getting codes.

the whole thing is a cluster***k. in other words, a perfectly normal experience with EA.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #37
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

but enjoy the beta...i don't mean to sound bitter towards you or anything. not my intention.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #38
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Sadly thats what Beta means nowadays. No longer is it used to test, it's used as hype and free advertisement. They try to make you feel lucky to get an invite and that creates a lot of hype then they allow for people to post and show their vids. The only way to know if it is a true Beta is if they have an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) where people cant post or talk about the game. Neverwinter had such a "Beta" where they actually had a live cash shop and then said oh by the way we will just go live with it now. That's just BS.

Last edited by Cockadoo; 02-16-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #39
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I think I saw on Twitter that the beta is live for all Xbone users now.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #40
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I think I saw on Twitter that the beta is live for all Xbone users now.
it has been live since late thursday or early friday.......for anybody lucky enough to be granted a beta from a social media site, ya know, other than the titanfall one.