CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ccured
doubledribble
Clowneygotcha
nicstockman
sporkgod50
GregoryHouse
catdaddy66
Gamecocks1137
lindsynthesis
Carolina Hype Video (1395)
Mens basketball 2016 (486)
Who watches Big Brot (373)
What is the best gra (254)
Guy Pretends to Get (221)
Today Show (114)
Devante Covington
Cocks Underdogs in 5 Game
Favorite Place To Eat Tha
2016 - Kash Daniel
TeMarcus Blanton
Carolina Hype Video 2015
Will Max Schrock sign wit
Discussion: 2016 Recruit
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Name a Gamecock

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #4961
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000022205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Michael Bowman

Big time negative recruiters in K-ville.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #4962
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I understand that. But I have heard that Key is concerned about the number of DEs we have signed and have committed. Let's see how many from this actually make it in.
Where did you hear that garbage?
Old 02-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #4963
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I personally don't get all the hype with Bowman. Good player but I think WR's of his talent level are a dime a dozen.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #4964
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I personally don't get all the hype with Bowman. Good player but I think WR's of his talent level are a dime a dozen.
Well if you want a shot at his brother, Kyrin Bowman, you probably need to get his signature. Kyrin is going to be a Top 100 guy.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 02-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #4965
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We're going to try to stockpile on the position I believe we are making a push to be a top tier team, and if we have enough quality guys wanting to be elite SEC DLs for an elite national unit we are going to try to get them. Enough will be willing to be patient and develop and improve their game and won't be scared of the competition. We aren't going to get them all but I think we will get more than we need.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #4966
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Bryce Love

Hopefully we continue to stay at the top of Love's schools he wants to attend. He would be awesome paired with a bigger, more physical back.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #4967
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Well if you want a shot at his brother, Kyrin Bowman, you probably need to get his signature. Kyrin is going to be a Top 100 guy.
Good point.

As far as Butch Jones goes, I wonder if he would be Michigan's target if they fire Brady Hoke?
Old 02-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #4968
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Chauncey Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
this is going to be a battle to keep him.

early nomination for most dramatic thread
looks like it happened a bit sooner.

Rivers flipped to UGA today
Old 02-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #4969
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Helps us that Rivers decommitted

Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #4970
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Helps us that Rivers decommitted
Probably, but Key has a bunch of growing to do, Rivers is much farther along.
I am less concerned about DE than any other position.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #4971
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: In State Recruits

That's too bad the talent isn't that high this year. I atleast hope we can get
Mr.Football
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #4972
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Rasool Clemons

Well yeah I would like to see him at lb for us and to get all the other de,s we are after. Doesn't look like we are really pushing though so it's whatever
Old 02-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #4973
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Probably, but Key has a bunch of growing to do, Rivers is much farther along.
I am less concerned about DE than any other position.
Still need as many as we can get. Losing Rivers is huge. He would have played right away. It'll be interesting to see who we sign other than Blackshear, if any.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #4974
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Where did you hear that garbage?

His coach. But I imagine Rivers flipping to UGa helped a lot. I had heard that someone would drop.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #4975
GarnetSwarm1990
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot material

I'd rather have Key than Rivers. Key has a higher ceiling to me. Rivers wants to play OLB now because he knows he's too short for the long term at DE. That and coaches have told him that's where he should be. I saw a picture of him standing by Richt today and he was barely taller than Richt. We all know that the guys with longer arms can do more things. Key most definitely has longer arms and a lot more room to grow.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #4976
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudlygin house is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I'd rather have Key than Rivers. Key has a higher ceiling to me. Rivers wants to play OLB now because he knows he's too short for the long term at DE. That and coaches have told him that's where he should be. I saw a picture of him standing by Richt today and he was barely taller than Richt. We all know that the guys with longer arms can do more things. Key most definitely has longer arms and a lot more room to grow.
Don't forget Richt was a QB for Miami..... He's not nick Sabah. Rivers is a heck of a talent as is Key. I want them both, lol.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #4977
FearThethumbandDJ
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

I think we get key now and we could still get another good DE. Rivers was gonna be the 3rd best DE in this class at best, so i dont think this is that big of a deal.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #4978
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Still need as many as we can get. Losing Rivers is huge. He would have played right away. It'll be interesting to see who we sign other than Blackshear, if any.
You can't just keep adding a bunch of DE every class. Was Rivers going to beat out Thomas, Sawyer, Wideman, Blackshear and Key. Maybe he flipped because he saw too many good players already ahead of him.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #4979
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 719114716
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Rivers too short for DE? He's 6'3". Could develop in to a solid 6'3" 260 by the time he hits the field. Could play LB or DE but considering how well he's done rushing the passer against elite OL in camps up to this point he would be best at DE. UGA sold him on playing LB because he isn't big enough to be a 3-4 DE. But he'd do just fine in the 4-3.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #4980
GarnetSwarm1990
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Rivers too short for DE? He's 6'3". Could develop in to a solid 6'3" 260 by the time he hits the field. Could play LB or DE but considering how well he's done rushing the passer against elite OL in camps up to this point he would be best at DE. UGA sold him on playing LB because he isn't big enough to be a 3-4 DE. But he'd do just fine in the 4-3.
There is no way he's 6'3. He's barely taller than Richt. Unless Richt is 6'2 then I highly doubt Rivers is 6'3.
Closed Thread