CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
El Cid Ranger
ReadR00ster
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
doubledribble
Fight, win, kick a-- (1264)
The Gator Bowl wants (946)
CFN prediction for a (904)
Why I'm hopeful abou (866)
USC will upset Aubur (771)
A simple defensive l (741)
What happened to thi (678)
In-state QB talent (514)
Ranking Top HC jobs (495)
This is War (399)
Why I think we beat Aubur
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
In-state QB talent
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?
Holiday desserts

Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #481
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
Alshon from USC wasn't too bad, or D.J. Swearinger from UT, I guess that worked out. And our coaches probably had something to do with getting former UF commitments Chris Lammons and Mike Davis.
1. Southern Cal is not a division rival.

2. Davis and Lammons had long decommitted from UF before they committed here.

3. I'll give you Swearinger. That's one.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #482
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
1. Southern Cal is not a division rival.

2. Davis and Lammons had long decommitted from UF before they committed here.

3. I'll give you Swearinger. That's one.
And I'm not sure if you'll count this one since it's Vandy, but I seem to remember us flipping Chris Moody from them.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #483
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Go lightly from vandy
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #484
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
None of them were committed to division rivals. Let's see us steal a commitment from UGA, UF, or UT, and then we'll talk.
your premise is flawed....we will never be able to flip more Ga kids to us simply because it's their home state so it's less likely. do you just sit around and invent things to be miserable about. have you admitted you were wrong yet about Wideman, Green, Lammons and BAW. Maybe I missed it.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:58 PM   #485
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb

We ended up with a great day on NSD and 2 weeks later 215 back to the whining. Good grief!
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #486
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
your premise is flawed....we will never be able to flip more Ga kids to us simply because it's their home state so it's less likely. do you just sit around and invent things to be miserable about. have you admitted you were wrong yet about Wideman, Green, Lammons and BAW. Maybe I missed it.
Maybe you but the home state argument, but I don't. By your logic, we should have flipped Tramel Terry.

Secondly, show me where I said we wouldn't get Lammons, Green or BAW. I was wrong about Wideman, but you'll notice in the garnet ball thread I predicted Lammons and Green would come here. You'll also notice in Greens thread that I said the crystal ball was 90% us. Funny how you ignore that, but maybe that kind of logic is too much for you.

Third, good to know carolinamyke hasn't ignored me yet. Guess he's still interested in what I have to say.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #487
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe you but the home state argument, but I don't. By your logic, we should have flipped Tramel Terry.

Secondly, show me where I said we wouldn't get Lammons, Green or BAW. I was wrong about Wideman, but you'll notice in the garnet ball thread I predicted Lammons and Green would come here. You'll also notice in Greens thread that I said the crystal ball was 90% us. Funny how you ignore that, but maybe that kind of logic is too much for you.

Third, good to know carolinamyke hasn't ignored me yet. Guess he's still interested in what I have to say.
you had many, many posts in each of their threads saying you didn't think they would come here....time after time....you aren't denying that are you.

something you probably aren't considering, many of the current players grew up liking GA because they had a good team most every year, while we only had marginal teams in many of those years.....so many of them grew up liking GA more than SC.

instead of trying to count the flips, why not count all the great Ga players were get each year that don't flip....BAW and Sawyer for example. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, what grade do you give our 2014 class.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:10 AM   #488
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We don't go after guys once they commit somewhere else. They have to come to us. We respect the recruits choice in the matter.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #489
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We don't go after guys once they commit somewhere else. They have to come to us. We respect the recruits choice in the matter.
this isn't true.....we went after McClain after he committed to Nebraska and flipped him......this is a recent example.....and I'm sure we will continue to recruit Rivers. Georgia told him some things that aren't true and Whammy will straighten him out.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:43 AM   #490
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wideman and McClain, we just did that. Also Grady said he recruited Lammons the whole time he was committed to UF. We are going to do it to other schools, other schools are going to do it to us.

uga just fed Rivers the bullshit they fed BAW a couple weeks ago, probably have him a hard line offer and he took it.

Rivers will get the rating bump from this....then switch back to us later.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:43 AM   #491
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

McClain is a bad example because we were definitely called by his coach and invited to get involved in his recruitment
Old 02-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #492
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cocks 29 View Post
McClain is a bad example because we were definitely called by his coach and invited to get involved in his recruitment
this is true, but we were called before his OV to Nebraska, we visited him, then he went on that OV and committed. However, we kept after him and flipped him w/o him ever taking a visit here.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #493
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is just false.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #494
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Looks like UGA is switching to a 4-3, which is a huge reason why Rivers flipped.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #495
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Wideman and McClain, we just did that. Also Grady said he recruited Lammons the whole time he was committed to UF. We are going to do it to other schools, other schools are going to do it to us.

uga just fed Rivers the bullshit they fed BAW a couple weeks ago, probably have him a hard line offer and he took it.

Rivers will get the rating bump from this....then switch back to us later.
A couple of things that might make it less likely for him to switch back to us. Pruitt told him they are switching back to a base 4-3, and River's mom sounds all UGA.
They might find themselves in a bit of a bind though, because if they run the 4-3 this year their personnel is not best suited for that, and if they don't it will be evident that Pruitt is just telling recruits what they want to hear. My guess is they'll primarily run the 3-4 this year, but keep telling Rivers the switch to a 4-3 is coming.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #496
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Oooo, from our recruiting perspective I really don't like Georgia switching to a 4-3.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #497
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I think some of you are mis-representing how/why players flip. We have had players flip to other schools because that was their first choice and they did not initially get an offer there. Rivers is a good example, we were not his first choice in his mind, GA was.

Secondly, we have had some kids come to us, again not because we were their first choice, but because the school that they committed to, went out and got better players than they were, and they decided to choose another school where they might get to play. Lammons is a perfect example, FLA got Tabor which meant Lammons was not likely to see the field, so he started looking around.

I am not slighting our recruiters, in each case they were there to pick up the pieces once they fell apart. But to characterize us as flipping Lammons from Florida and McClain from FSU/NEB is not the case.

We are fortunate that we are a good enough program and have a good enough coaching staff that players who have to settle for their second choice, many times will choose us, and in many cases turn out to be better players than the players they were chosen over at their first choice school.

We do have kids who choose us and we were their first choice, BAW is a prime example, but don't confuse the two.

I hope we stay on Rivers, but unless GA gets players that are much better than Rivers, I don't see him switching back to us.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #498
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
you had many, many posts in each of their threads saying you didn't think they would come here....time after time....you aren't denying that are you.

something you probably aren't considering, many of the current players grew up liking GA because they had a good team most every year, while we only had marginal teams in many of those years.....so many of them grew up liking GA more than SC.

instead of trying to count the flips, why not count all the great Ga players were get each year that don't flip....BAW and Sawyer for example. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, what grade do you give our 2014 class.
Find those posts. As for your question, I give it a six, maybe a seven. No OT, no RB, and 3/5 of the DL commits have academic issues.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #499
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I think some of you are mis-representing how/why players flip. We have had players flip to other schools because that was their first choice and they did not initially get an offer there. Rivers is a good example, we were not his first choice in his mind, GA was.

Secondly, we have had some kids come to us, again not because we were their first choice, but because the school that they committed to, went out and got better players than they were, and they decided to choose another school where they might get to play. Lammons is a perfect example, FLA got Tabor which meant Lammons was not likely to see the field, so he started looking around.

I am not slighting our recruiters, in each case they were there to pick up the pieces once they fell apart. But to characterize us as flipping Lammons from Florida and McClain from FSU/NEB is not the case.

We are fortunate that we are a good enough program and have a good enough coaching staff that players who have to settle for their second choice, many times will choose us, and in many cases turn out to be better players than the players they were chosen over at their first choice school.

We do have kids who choose us and we were their first choice, BAW is a prime example, but don't confuse the two.

I hope we stay on Rivers, but unless GA gets players that are much better than Rivers, I don't see him switching back to us.
IMO if we can reel in Barnett we have upgraded to a better prospect at DE than either Key or Rivers. I know Whammy is wanting to keep a strong hold on the Atlanta area but I want us to prioritize our SC HS Blue Chippers first which has been our formula for success.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #500
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
IMO if we can reel in Barnett we have upgraded to a better prospect at DE than either Key or Rivers. I know Whammy is wanting to keep a strong hold on the Atlanta area but I want us to prioritize our SC HS Blue Chippers first which has been our formula for success.
Agree 100%. Barnett looks like the real-deal. Anybody on the board seen him play in person? (Haha, just posted that and realized we're getting off track a bit in Key's thread. Key is the real deal too, just a year or 2 behind some of the other guys physically.)
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote