CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
CockyRyan
Regalcock
Spurticus
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
B-G
Clemson Recruiting.. (3550)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1599)
Ranking the Opposing (1497)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1243)
Not a Rival.. (1104)
Gamecock Coaches as (972)
NCAA Football 15 (600)
Hello Gamecocks! (559)
Marching band (479)
John Rocker at rock (429)
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
2015 - Mon Denson
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Green and Lammons
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Gurley or Davis
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Galaxy vs Seatle
John Rocker at rock botto

Old 02-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #21
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bruce Ellington teaching Watkins how to run routes ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Martavis Bryant will be the better NFL receiver......just watch. Similar frame to Megatron and Dez Bryant.

Drops too many easy balls. He does get better as the degree of difficulty increases for some reason. Kinda like Roland in that respect.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #22
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Bruce is a fine athlete, I believe #2 in Mr Football when Marcus Lattimore won it. If I remember correctly, when he decided to try football, the coaches were amazed that he came in having mastered the playbook on his own prior to summer/fall camp. He blocked downfield well, also.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #23
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons

Quality players can always learn things from each other.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #24
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
Quality players can always learn things from each other.
Yep, remember they are both human beings and they transcend the rivalry. To an extent.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #25
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

The way yall are talking on here you make it sound like Sammy had no idea how to run a route before Bruce Almighty showed him how to. It says in the article he refined his skills as in polished up his route running skills and basically picked some things that Ellington was doing. My goodness. If Sammy would have went to South Carolina he would have been the number 1 receiver the day he stepped on campus.
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #26
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Talk about morons
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/threa...ageID=15063460

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #27
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
The way yall are talking on here you make it sound like Sammy had no idea how to run a route before Bruce Almighty showed him how to. It says in the article he refined his skills as in polished up his route running skills and basically picked some things that Ellington was doing. My goodness. If Sammy would have went to South Carolina he would have been the number 1 receiver the day he stepped on campus.
Sammy runs straight routes. ..all speed. He also runs bubble screens. Pretty simple routes

Old 02-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #28
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Martavis Bryant will be the better NFL receiver......just watch. Similar frame to Megatron and Dez Bryant.
Dez is 6-2 220, CJ is 6-5 240.

Bryant is listed as 6-5 200.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #29
detective29
4-Star

Male

detective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his combdetective29 is developing his comb

I hate CU as much as the next guy BUT I wish Watkins well in the league. How can I not like a guy that , talented as he is, NEVER beat us? The guy made other teams look silly by racking up big numbers BUT not against us.

Clemson stunted this guys growth so much it is unreal. He was better conditioned in HIGH SCHOOL where they had very little money for a weight room and trainers. His best year ay CU was his first. He declined every year after that. The comments Watkins made in that article need to be shown to every high school receiver recruit that we go after. When they see "yes, their receivers put up big numbers but they come to our receivers to learn how to run routes and how to condition." I wish him well because if he blows up in the NFL and shows how incompetent their coaches are and how inferior their facilities are it can't do anything but hurt them and help us.
detective29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #30
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
I bet you believe he can run a 0.44 40 too. If Sammy had come to South Carolina I bet he also would have scored a TD against Clemson. The fact that your all world receiver never sniffed an end zone against us speaks volumes.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #31
Rex123
Walk On

Male

Rex123 is learning to peckRex123 is learning to peck

Routes are for slow receivers
Rex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #32
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex123 View Post
Routes are for slow receivers
They are also for qbs that can read defenses

Old 02-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #33
( CAROLINA )
Recruit

Male

( CAROLINA ) has hatched from the shell

To be honest our great RB never scored against Clemson.
( CAROLINA ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:18 AM   #34
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Quote:
...and as a bonus he would say "would have gone" instead of "would have went!"
i29gman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #35
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
My goodness. If Sammy would have went to South Carolina he would have been the number 1 receiver the day he stepped on campus.
Glad he wasn't. That kid finished his career against USC with more interceptions thrown than touchdowns caught.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:42 AM   #36
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Before we talk about wr's and S &C programs, remember Alshon. Brandon Marshall had to show him how to get his body right. The NFL is a whole different beast.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #37
longcock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 27885
longcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot material

IF this kid thinks he's 10 times faster... I hope his football skills surpass his math skills.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #38
Master Bedroom
Blue Chip

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Before we talk about wr's and S &C programs, remember Alshon. Brandon Marshall had to show him how to get his body right. The NFL is a whole different beast.
Getting tips on how to get your body in better shape from a veteran who has been in the league playing at a high level is completely different than learning route running tips from a guy you are training for the combine with. Especially considering said guy didn't even go to college to play football in the first place. I do agree the NFL is a completely different animal but this is a direct reflection of the two programs in their current state.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #39
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Sammy runs straight routes. ..all speed. He also runs bubble screens. Pretty simple routes

That won't be successful in the NFL. The DBs are a lot faster, and smarter
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #40
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Alshon says hi! Those orange glasses must look good on you.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote