CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
snruter amabon
NineInchSpurs
NJGCfan
SwampFox
GamecockInHell
eightohhthree
trapper82
scfanz
Spurrier_Superior_On
Winston (3628)
New Photos by Travis (2199)
For the love of God! (1801)
SOS: No QB controve (1256)
Waldrop injured (1243)
ESPN reporter adding (1182)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (698)
Just read this. (551)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up (497)
In light of our matc (490)
Waldrop injured
Winston
The SEC East schedule fro
Just read this.
How we won the UGA game:
ESPN reporter adding to t
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
The Official USMNT Thread
In light of our matchup w
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:

Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #241
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit
Default Re: Playstation 4

Dang! Too late.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #242
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Still $500 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStati...A3NY0VVKNDXJCF

Edit - Now $519 plus $15 shipping.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #243
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #244
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Insider: Xbox One has no hope, will lose this generation of console war to PS4

Quote:
Rasheed also noted an instance where Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward asked Microsoft to allow the company’s title Call of Duty: Ghosts access an off-limits portion of the Xbox One’s graphics processor that would have increased performance by 8%. Microsoft reportedly refused. The anecdote is seemingly intended as an example to illustrate Microsoft’s unwillingness to help developers address some of the hardware limitations of the Xbox One console.
http://games.yahoo.com/news/insider-...155124991.html

Old 01-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #245
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

PlayStation 4 Rumored to be Getting PS1/PS2 Game Emulation

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ource=facebook

Order Of The Spur
Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #246
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
PlayStation 4 Rumored to be Getting PS1/PS2 Game Emulation

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ource=facebook
This is cool and all, but has anyone went and played an old 1 or 2 game. I have, lol. I started my PS2 up for my little son and I literally grimaced at the tv. I was thinking "We actually played this?" The graphics are almost hilarious, especially after you play some new PC games. It's like looking at an old DOOM game.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #247
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
This is cool and all, but has anyone went and played an old 1 or 2 game. I have, lol. I started my PS2 up for my little son and I literally grimaced at the tv. I was thinking "We actually played this?" The graphics are almost hilarious, especially after you play some new PC games. It's like looking at an old DOOM game.
A lot of the games can be emulated on the PC. Some work, some don't, some have funky graphics or other issues. The ones that work well like FFX-12 and FFX-2 for example if you learn to use the plugin to change the resolution and texture filters can make the graphics look much better on HD TV than when they came out before HD. I sold my PS2 and all games and PS1 games and my old PC that was too slow, and used that money to buy good used gaming computer and Xbox 360. I have most of the games on my computer.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #248
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

PS4 Update 1.60, $99 Wireless Headset Announced

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...ource=facebook

Order Of The Spur
Old 02-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #249
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Playstation 4 almost doubled xbone sales in the US last month... In the US. The ratio is like 4:1 in Europe and will be very large in japan. Microsoft getting what it deserves for years of disingenuous and shady behavior.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #250
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I finally saw a PS4 in stock at a store. Walmart on South Lake Drive in Redbank had at least one in stock on Sunday.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #251
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I finally saw a PS4 in stock at a store. Walmart on South Lake Drive in Redbank had at least one in stock on Sunday.

Who all has purchased one? You and Spenda? What's the verdict? I actually kind of liked Ghost but I just haven't had any time to play it, since like november. I wonder if the PS4 version is a lot better.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #252
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I haven't purchased one yet. I think only Spenda and Berry have the PS4 as of right now. Berry said that Ghosts really isn't any different.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #253
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

CoD Ghosts? No, there's no reason to get it on ps4/x1 if you already have it on current gen...the 60fps isn't a big enough reason, IMO. Same game...basically the same look.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #254
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Appreciate it. I'll just wait a bit then.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #255
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Yeah that is why I'm waiting until at least May to get either system. There is nothing coming out that I am dying to play that I can't play on the current gen.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #256
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yeah that is why I'm waiting until at least May to get either system. There is nothing coming out that I am dying to play that I can't play on the current gen.
This, except I was going to get in April. Just relealized two games I wanted to get had their release dates changed again.

First Watchdogs is having a release date change extravaganza. Hope this thing doesn't turn into a Duke Nukem Forever. Was supposed to come out at release, then April, now according to Gamestop June.

Second game is Destiny and that is now to be released in September, which had the same release date as Watchdogs in April.

It's funny that half of the best selling games for the PS4 on Gamestop aren't even out yet.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #257
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

I haven't kept up with all the release dates. Watchdogs looks pretty good. I keep seeing people talking about Destiny, but I know absolutely nothing about the game. I need to go watch some videos of it. MLB The Show is another one I might have to pick up when I decide to buy a PS4.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #258
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

5 million PS4s sold even with sparce supply.

Sony sells 5.3 million PlayStation 4 systems, extends console war lead

Quote:
The PlayStation 4 is fast becoming a juggernaut.

In a statement early Tuesday, Sony announced that sales of their flagship next-gen console have topped 5.3 million units worldwide through February 8. That's significantly ahead of schedule, as the company was predicting sales of 5 million by the end of March 2014.
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...181423741.html

Old 02-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #259
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
I haven't kept up with all the release dates. Watchdogs looks pretty good. I keep seeing people talking about Destiny, but I know absolutely nothing about the game. I need to go watch some videos of it. MLB The Show is another one I might have to pick up when I decide to buy a PS4.
Here is the website.

http://www.destinythegame.com/

I haven't seen the gameplay trailers, but there was an announcement trailer that was about 10 minutes that blew my mind. Gameplay is the key, so I will check the new gameplay trailers out after work.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:47 AM   #260
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
5 million PS4s sold even with sparce supply.

Sony sells 5.3 million PlayStation 4 systems, extends console war lead

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...181423741.html
It's launching tonight in japan. I expect over 6 million by*the beginning of March.

Quote:
Infamous and Thief come out in March. The Show is in april, I believe.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote