CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4230)
Cunningham wants to (1062)
ESPN article on Clow (612)
Clemson Georgia Game (607)
Horseshoes has been (430)
Fumble party (336)
1964 World’s Fair (226)
New Led Zep releases (123)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (119)
Truly Inspiring (92)
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Thumbs down Tampa Bay Buccaneers to get new look; Thursday reveal

The Bucs have one of the best looks in the NFL, certainly the best of the modern looks. Fantastic and unique color set paired with a clean and mean logo...why change that?

I'm afraid we may see some amateurish type of uniforms from this.

The better not remove the skull and flag from the helmet and get rid of pewter. Look how good this looks:

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers to get new look; Thursday reveal

Tampa Bay has a great look why change it? Patriots and Falcons had great upgrades when they changed but the Jags and Panthers were complete downgrades.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
JerseyBird
Don't Mess With The Bird

Male

CockyCash: 1500
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Because Bucco Bruce?

Old 02-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Tampa Bay has a great look why change it? Patriots and Falcons had great upgrades when they changed but the Jags and Panthers were complete downgrades.
I might be the only one but I don't think the new panthers logo is that bad. It still has that "mean" look. I'm not crazy on the font but it's not that big of a deal.

Now jax is awful. It looks more femine to me. It doesn't help that Jax has only had about 3 good seasons in history. And will probably relocate in a few years.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

The new Panther's logo grew on me but the original one to me was perfect and loved the old font as well. There just seems to be so much changing in the NFL for my tastes.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
The new Panther's logo grew on me but the original one to me was perfect and loved the old font as well. There just seems to be so much changing in the NFL for my tastes.
I agree with you here... loved the old logo and hate that they changed it. The new Jags logo is just embarrassing.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Probably one of the few, but I don't like the current look at all.

I also think the pats should go back to the old Patriot with the white helmet.
And the falcons looks pretty outdated. I like when they wear the black jersey with red helmet throwback look.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #8
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
The Bucs have one of the best looks in the NFL, certainly the best of the modern looks. Fantastic and unique color set paired with a clean and mean logo...why change that?

I'm afraid we may see some amateurish type of uniforms from this.

The better not remove the skull and flag from the helmet and get rid of pewter. Look how good this looks:

I agree. I wouldn't change a thing.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #9
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

But Nike is SO great..... The one thing I don't like on Nike is those lines on the neckline they are just horrendously ugly.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

The Dolphins did that crap last off season and it still hasn't grown on me as a fan, it still looks like $h!t.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #11
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I will say I love the Bucs old orange logo... I still have a memory from the innagural Panther's season and that is remembering the orange jerseys... about the only thing I remember about going to those games (I was six years old)
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #12
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I am not a fan of any of the Panthers color schemes/logos/etc.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Found the new logo.

Bold choice.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Some winners in here: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...bucs-logo.html
Old 02-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Stupid move by the Bucs. They have one if the best looks in the league.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #16
BigRedCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1700
BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit

I've always liked the Bengals look
Old 02-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #17
markp_vip
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

You know someone is just thinking, well we got better for a few years the last time we changed uniforms, maybe it will work again.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #18
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

i would suspect they will go to white helmets so they can wear throwbacks. The NFL killed their creamsicle throwbacks and NE's Pat the Patriot. They said they approve one set of helmets before the year for players safety and you have to wear that one helmet. The bears were ok because they just took off their logo stickers. It was ludicrous the NFL makes how much money and they can't approve two helmets? What about players that get traded? They don't have player matched approved helmets.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #19
JerseyBird
Don't Mess With The Bird

Male

CockyCash: 1500
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
The current logo with the flag changed to orange is pretty awesome

Old 02-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #20
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

If they get rid of pewter helmets and pewter pants, they are crazy.

I fear the worst since the look is so good right now...can only go down.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote