CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
b381l
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Order 66
Ahmad
wumarshall82
CockyGuy
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
400 pasing yards
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit

Old 02-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws
Default clutch player 2014?

So in the last two weeks I've gone back and watched pretty much every game from the last 3 weeks and the one thing I saw over and over was how clutch Bruce Ellington was in times of need. The three games that stood out were Michigan, Missouri, and Wisconsin. He made great catches that led to a gamecock win in the end with the help of the team. My question is who becomes that clutch guy in 2014? I feel Pharoh Copper will be that guy. He showed amazing potential and didn't flinch when we needed him in the Clemson game. Thoughts???
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: clutch player 2014?

Roland has a chance to be that guy. His athleticism combined with his big play ability gives him that opportunity. Hopefully he can continue to develop and progress like he did the last few games of 2013.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I agree on Ellington in 2013 and Roland in 2014. Shaq has shown flashes of it already. Worth mentioning that our qb in 2013 was pretty darn clutch too.
SC Sandlapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Agreed on shaw.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Coooooooooop
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'm thinking Mike Davis. He's good running from scrimmage and receiving the ball.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

me
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We definitely need someone like that to go with Dylan's gunslinging mentality.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #9
TakeEM
Recruit

Male

TakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his claws

Davis and Roland, and I hate it, but it will be their last year.
TakeEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Cooper showed hints. Often overlooked is Nick Jones. Nick is not a flashy guy, but has shown the ability to make a play when we need it.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #11
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
We definitely need someone like that to go with Dylan's gunslinging mentality.

He seems to love connecting with Kane Whitehurst.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:50 AM   #12
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

Harry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his claws

Roland all day. This isn't even a question.
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #13
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I'm thinking Mike Davis. He's good running from scrimmage and receiving the ball.
Davis is great when he's healthy, but he just seems to have a low pain tolerance or fatigues really fast. I thought he took himself out of the game a lot to either nurse some injury or get a breather.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by ML ability to go like the energizer bunny.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #14
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29795000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon1 View Post
Davis is great when he's healthy, but he just seems to have a low pain tolerance or fatigues really fast. I thought he took himself out of the game a lot to either nurse some injury or get a breather.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by ML ability to go like the energizer bunny.
I think you're being too hard on Mike.

The guy took a pretty physical beating this year, and kept coming back for more. I'd hoped the break before the bowl game would've given him a chance to heal up, but he looked like he was still hurting from the first snap. Quite honestly, he had several plays throughout the season where it looked on film like he had a season ending injury, but he kept plugging away.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #15
CockyMarine
Walk On

Male

CockyMarine has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Cooper showed hints. Often overlooked is Nick Jones. Nick is not a flashy guy, but has shown the ability to make a play when we need it.
I agree with Roland but Nick WILL make his share of clutch plays. I have a feeling He will break out this year kinda like McKinley did after Rice left. Lets not forget about Byrd dog!!! He has been getting better and better every year. He is due for a big year as well.
CockyMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #16
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
I think you're being too hard on Mike.

The guy took a pretty physical beating this year, and kept coming back for more. I'd hoped the break before the bowl game would've given him a chance to heal up, but he looked like he was still hurting from the first snap. Quite honestly, he had several plays throughout the season where it looked on film like he had a season ending injury, but he kept plugging away.

We didn't block very well for Mike last year. he got a lot of yards by breaking tackles and making folks miss. There aren't many backs who can carry the ball 35 times like Lattimore did. He spoiled us. Mike is just not as durable but better blocking would help. Spurrier was lamenting at the end of the year how poor our run blocking had become.

I expect the cadre of Roland, Cooper and Byrd (assuming he recovers well from surgery) together with Nick Jones to be a pretty formidable receiving group. We will miss Ellington but we still have some talent.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #17
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Sorry but I have a hard time answering this question. Yes we have many very talented players but for us to go far we need them all to be impact players.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #18
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Elliot Fry.
weatheredxtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #19
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

I think Bruce will be missed more next year than Clowney.....I've said it before and will say it again.

Won't be the same South Carolina team without him literally and figuritively.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #20
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Davis with some D Will sprinkled in. And Thompson slinging it to Roland and Byrd. And Cooper in spots, got to find more ways to get the ball to him.

On D it's Skai Moore.