CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
Tolley
GamecockCam
kingofnerf
PosiVibeWarrior
TAFC 5 1981
gsgp
El Cid Ranger
TN game weather (968)
Who is your favorite (813)
Marvel releases movi (372)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (354)
Aliens Are Real (282)
FSU vs. Louisville (277)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (205)
Need a ride tomorrow (127)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (116)
Talking Animals (57)
Lattimore to play after S
TN game weather
Uniforms for Tenn
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH
NCAAF: ARKANSAS @ MISSISS
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
NCAAF: OKLAHOMA @ IOWA ST
NCAAF: MARYLAND @ PENN ST
Wallpaper & Backgroun
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ GEORGIA

Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material
Default WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

In the past there have been threads about who are one's favorite comedians and even though I have always appreciated Marc Maron I didn't have him near the top of my own personal list. That being said I recently started to listen to his podcasts from his WTF website where he interviews other comedians and musicians from his garage and I cannot endorse it highly enough.

It isn't so much a 'joke telling' comedy show but a wildly honest and direct discussion among people with troubled pasts, severe drug addictions, deep-seated insecurities and hang-ups and flaws who happen to be truly entertaining and have absolutely terrific senses of humor.

It also has great insight into the actual business...or more accurately...the real world day to day 'life' of a working/coming up through the ranks comedian/musician.

It will not be for everybody...which I happen to view as a strength...but if you have any interest check it out.

www.wtfpod.com

Last edited by LBC; 02-20-2014 at 11:15 AM.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

Love Marc Maron! A very dry wit that always makes me laugh out loud.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
Master Bedroom
Starter

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Some absolutely amazing stuff in there
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

It's a really solid podcast. I've been saving the Artie Lang episode for weeks now. I plan on listening to that during a long drive.

Marc just did a pod with Grantland's Brian Koppelman. I have yet to listen to it but will likely get around to it in the next week.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
It's a really solid podcast. I've been saving the Artie Lang episode for weeks now. I plan on listening to that during a long drive.

Marc just did a pod with Grantland's Brian Koppelman. I have yet to listen to it but will likely get around to it in the next week.
The Artie Lange one is awesome. It is honestly hard to believe that dude is still alive and working. He tells a great...if not troubling...Greg Giraldo story.

These are legitimately some of the most honest interviews you will ever hear and Marc is absolutely terrific at it.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post

I just realized that this was not very clear.

Marc appeared on Koppelman's pod to discuss his career. Koppelman was the interviewer. SHould be interesting to hear Marc's story and how he got from working standup to podcast host.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Boomer Lives!

I'm a newcomer to his show having only started with the Carl Reiner, Mel Brooks, and Dick Van Dyke episodes. I love listening to comedy podcasts but I wouldn't describe WTF as that, I think it's much more of an interview show that can be funny at times.

I remember a thread a few months ago but what are some of CT users favorite podcasts? I enjoy

Comedy Bang Bang
Never Not Funny
Nerdist
The Fogelnest Files
How Did This Get Made
Doug Loves Movies
Harmontown