CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
kingoftheroost
TheUniversityofSC
2014 Charleston Clas (2755)
Should UNC get death (1016)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (774)
Could Pharoh Run the (671)
BJ Mckie (641)
Getting Back on Trac (489)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (475)
Big George Statue (455)
Huge recruiting week (449)
Challenge to or revi (317)
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
2015 - Joe Blue
Frank Martin
Predict nonconference win
2014 Charleston Classic *
Mullen Pulls QB's Scholar
TV??
Huge recruiting weekend
Scholarship Lounge Buffet
Should UNC get death pena

Old 01-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #101
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: X1 launch...anybody else grab theirs yet?

Sell Microsoft Your PS3 For $100 Off an Xbox One
Xbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E are eligible for the same promotion.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ource=facebook

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 AM   #102
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
That's pretty cool. But why wouldn't they just remove the Kinect that a lot of people don't use anyway to cut the cost instead of the disc drive. This just means that I can't purchase/play any hard copy games, they will all have to be digital. Instead of grabbing my game and running over to my neighbors I will have to grab the whole console and take it over. I might can just sign in to my account on his and wait for the download, I don't know, guess we will just have to wait and see. If we complain to MS they will just tell us we need to buy the more expensive one then.
You'd have to wait to play it while it installed anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 AM   #103
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
You'd have to wait to play it while it installed anyway.

Yeah. Also I got to thinking about movies as well. You can't watch any of your DVDs/Bluray movies on it. I know this is just a rumor and hopefully it is. Logically that doesn't make sense to remove the optical drive from a "Multi"-media console. Just take the camera away.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:03 PM   #104
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yeah. Also I got to thinking about movies as well. You can't watch any of your DVDs/Bluray movies on it. I know this is just a rumor and hopefully it is. Logically that doesn't make sense to remove the optical drive from a "Multi"-media console. Just take the camera away.
I'm going all digital this gen...at least that's the plan so far. I doubt I will ever use my X1 to watch a blu ray disc. The lack of a disc drive wouldn't really affect me, but I'm glad mine has the drive in it...you never know.

As for the camera...MS is pretty adamant about keeping it. It'll probably be the last thing to go. I do not use the camera portion of the kinect (I have it facing the wall behind my TV), but I use the audio commands quite often. There's nothing more badass than "Xbox, record that." :)

Old 01-31-2014, 10:47 PM   #105
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Sell Microsoft Your PS3 For $100 Off an Xbox One
Xbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E are eligible for the same promotion.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ource=facebook
Is that retroactive?
Old 02-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #106
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I wasn't sold on the cable box running through the xb1, but I'm hooked on it now. It takes 3 seconds to jump out of a game, and into something else while staying where you left off in the game. The xb1 tv guide trumps Time Warner's, IMO. I love being able to see what show is playing, and the exact episode without bouncing around the Twc remote. It's pretty cool to bounce from netfilx, to gaming, to tv with little effort using the xbox controller. It's an especially helpful thing when your gaming time is dictated by when you wife and kids are away from the tv. So far this is the coolest part of the xb1, imo...and I thought it was going to be a pretty lame gimmick.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #107
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I wasn't sold on the cable box running through the xb1, but I'm hooked on it now. It takes 3 seconds to jump out of a game, and into something else while staying where you left off in the game. The xb1 tv guide trumps Time Warner's, IMO. I love being able to see what show is playing, and the exact episode without bouncing around the Twc remote. It's pretty cool to bounce from netfilx, to gaming, to tv with little effort using the xbox controller. It's an especially helpful thing when your gaming time is dictated by when you wife and kids are away from the tv. So far this is the coolest part of the xb1, imo...and I thought it was going to be a pretty lame gimmick.
Does this work with those who have a DVR? I know you have TW, but does it work with the Satellite companies as well, or only cable companies?
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #108
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Curious as to how it works with DirecTV.

As for cool features, I'm digging the voice commands way more than I thought I would...especially for Netflix...you never have to turn on the controller.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #109
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Does this work with those who have a DVR? I know you have TW, but does it work with the Satellite companies as well, or only cable companies?
I think it works with satellite too, as long as you have a box. Doesn't support dvr, u have to do that through the cable box. I couldn't ever see a TV provider giving that sort of access.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #110
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Curious as to how it works with DirecTV.

As for cool features, I'm digging the voice commands way more than I thought I would...especially for Netflix...you never have to turn on the controller.

I turned off voice controls, too many jerks around to screw with it just to be funny. My wife even got in the habit of toying with it.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #111
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

I am sure MS is banking on pushing consoles with TitanFall, but will it be enough?

Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate
http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...g-so-poor.aspx
Old 02-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #112
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

TitanfallOTE=usc_yogi;4092874]I am sure MS is banking on pushing consoles with TitanFall, but will Getting Desperate
http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...g-so-poor.aspx[/quote]

Titanfall is a great game, but it will be hard to top sales over the cheaper counterpart until MS drops the price.The real games for the new consoles haven't hit yet, keeping many on the side lines.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #113
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

I don't know why both companies were in such a rush to get out their product so fast. I know neither company didn't want to be caught with their pants down by the other company, but this generation is lacking so much with the software. The consoles should have been released at least next October to give developers enough time to make their games.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #114
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

I have seen and played a good bit of Titanfall beta, however I feel there is not enough to keep people interested in it for the long haul IMO. Plus it is for the more experienced shooter players I think. There is a lot of fast paced moving and parkour stuff that will turn off the casual shooter players I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #115
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Really like the Pin to Home function.

Instead of pinning an app, you can now pin a show within the app. Makes getting to Brooklyn Nine Nine alot quicker/easier
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #116
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Price drops on XBox One have started. If you wait a month or so you may be able to get one cheaper. In a month the consoles will come with a free copy of Titanfall so that in of itself is a $50 price cut.

Quote:
Video game consoles usually have to wait years before manufacturers decide to drop the initial retail price; the Xbox One had to wait three months. Starting on Feb. 28, British Xbox Ones will cost £399; later on, select systems will come with a copy of anticipated sci-fi shooter "Titanfall."
http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-ones-pric...181840337.html

Old 02-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #117
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Good news. It's worth every penny of the $500 price tag...getting it for $400-450 is a steal.

Titanfall is epic too...if anybody is still waiting on buying an x1, I'd recommend pulling the trigger on that titanfall bundle.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #118
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

New deal coming soon

Xbox One Titanfall bundle coming March 11th for $499.99

If youíve been debating whether or not to pick up an Xbox One, itís worth noting that Microsoft just sweetened the pot. Starting on March 11th, select retailers will begin offering a limited edition Titanfall bundle of the Xbox One for $499.99. Itís almost identical to the standard package that is currently sitting on store shelves, including the price, but the bundle will include a free copy of Titanfall, one of the most anticipated releases of the year. Sales of the Xbox One have been gradually sliding behind the PlayStation 4 since launch, but this deal will certainly get the attention of the consumers who have yet to decide on a next-gen console. You can preorder the bundle right now from the Microsoft Store.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #119
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
New deal coming soon

Xbox One Titanfall bundle coming March 11th for $499.99

If youíve been debating whether or not to pick up an Xbox One, itís worth noting that Microsoft just sweetened the pot. Starting on March 11th, select retailers will begin offering a limited edition Titanfall bundle of the Xbox One for $499.99. Itís almost identical to the standard package that is currently sitting on store shelves, including the price, but the bundle will include a free copy of Titanfall, one of the most anticipated releases of the year. Sales of the Xbox One have been gradually sliding behind the PlayStation 4 since launch, but this deal will certainly get the attention of the consumers who have yet to decide on a next-gen console. You can preorder the bundle right now from the Microsoft Store.
That's a great deal. Very fun game.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #120
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Can't wait for Titanfall, that free beta trial got me worked up