CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1640)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (915)
Rest of the season p (892)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (653)
Tennessee Game Time (646)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (626)
Just thought of some (538)
Is Clowney back toni (509)
Miss St. defense
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Why is everyone anticipat
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se

Old 02-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #481
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official Sochi 2014 XXII Winter Olympiad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Ya, or the time the judges screwed canada or whoever over in the last olympics and they ended up sharing the gold rather than being outright winners.
I felt like was recently too, but I googled it and turns out it was Salt Lake City 2002. 12 years ago. Goodness, time flies.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #482
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I felt like was recently too, but I googled it and turns out it was Salt Lake City 2002. 12 years ago. Goodness, time flies.
Now I'm just depressed.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #483
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
yes they played horrible in the later part of the 3rd period...and yes the game never should have gone into over time...but I have NEVER seen that first penalty called in any hockey game (and that exact situation has happened multiple times in ever hockey game I have ever seen) let alone in OT of a gold medal game.

the failure of the US to close out the game does not excuse the refs basically trying to hand the game to Canada.
So you're blaming this game on the refs
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #484
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ya, or the time the judges screwed canada or whoever over in the last olympics and they ended up sharing the gold rather than being outright winners.
Wasn't it in Seoul '88 that they gave Roy jones the silver but then named him the most outstanding boxer in the Olympics to do damage control...

Yep, no one was more surprised or embarrassed than the Korean, Park Si-Hun
Old 02-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #485
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9283831
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
yes they played horrible in the later part of the 3rd period...and yes the game never should have gone into over time...but I have NEVER seen that first penalty called in any hockey game (and that exact situation has happened multiple times in ever hockey game I have ever seen) let alone in OT of a gold medal game.

the failure of the US to close out the game does not excuse the refs basically trying to hand the game to Canada.
0 of our girls are sitting there blaming this loss in anyway on the refs. There was 0 offense the whole 3rd period which was the gameplan. They played not to lose and it bit them end of story.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #486
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

That's what happens when you sit on a lead.

The women's hockey team must have NEVER watched a Lou Holtz game at USC.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #487
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Ice Skating is a FARCE. It is a political and popularity contest. If the Olympics had been in South Korea there would have been a different champion. I lost interest after last night when the Russian busted her @#$@ and still scored better than ladies with less name recognition. It drives me CRAZY because my wife and daughter LOVE IT. Whew! I feel better.
I feel the same way, as does Ashley Wagner...I was shocked at the scoring this morning as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ashley-...205146099.html
Old 02-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #488
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I caught the final 1.5 minutes of the 3rd period and saw the tying goal, didn't get to see the OT. Two days two devastating losses to those Canucks.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #489
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Hopefully we beat them in the sport that really matters tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #490
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

What a finish in that quarterfinal
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #491
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

The Sarah Burke story was just heartwrenching. She played such a vital role in getting the ski halfpipe in the X Games and then the Olympics. And died doing what she loved.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #492
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Controversy with the Russian ice skating judges. One is married to the Russian IOC director, and the other Russian judge was banned from the Nagano games for cheating.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #493
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
The Sarah Burke story was just heartwrenching. She played such a vital role in getting the ski halfpipe in the X Games and then the Olympics. And died doing what she loved.
This.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #494
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Controversy with the Russian ice skating judges. One is married to the Russian IOC director, and the other Russian judge was banned from the Nagano games for cheating.
Does any of that surprise you?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #495
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Everyone here in Korea is livid. The Russian girl got inflated marks on both days. Kim Yu Na is the best in the world and she got screwed by a corrupt system. I mean its on every channel and every pair of lips in the city. You have to also realize this is the most followed and biggest endorsed athlete in the nation.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 PM   #496
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Doesnt surprise me at all. I didnt realize that these skaters got points for just attempting a trick! Thats ridiculous. like one of my friends said, you dont get a point in hockey for a shot on goal. Thats why Ice Skating judging is ridiculous, they should let fans judge from now on with 1-10 dunk contest signs.

And I apologize for being critical of Ice Skating on your Birfday, KT!! lol
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #497
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Quote:
Doesnt surprise me at all. I didnt realize that these skaters got points for just attempting a trick! Thats ridiculous. like one of my friends said, you dont get a point in hockey for a shot on goal. Thats why Ice Skating judging is ridiculous, they should let fans judge from now on with 1-10 dunk contest signs.

And I apologize for being critical of Ice Skating on your Birfday, KT!! lol
haha no worries! Everyone is entitled to their opinion! But I think you'll find that credit for what is attempted is in one way or another there in all the judged sports. Then you get deducted for execution. It's kind of the only foolproof way to reward difficulty. Otherwise there would be no reward for having a difficult routine.

But of course I know that's why a lot of people have issues with judged sports.

The winning Russian skater is up next. Then the two Americans, then Yuna Kim is last. You guys be the judge!
Old 02-21-2014, 12:23 AM   #498
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

In my honest opinion, until that fall Gracie was better than the gold medalist Sotnikova.

EDIT: After watching it again, I would have Yuna winning gold. Then Sotnikova, then Costner. Without the fall I would have put Gracie in bronze. Maaaaaaybe silver.

Last edited by ktguen; 02-21-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #499
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Tuukka Rask will not be in net for the Fins today.
He has the flu.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #500
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Sweden advances