CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
MWard
sanford
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
Cockypantherfan
75CarolinaFan
B-G
Spurticus
Sidney Rice Retiring (1597)
SOS Dominating SEC M (384)
Bonefish Grill (362)
What Are The Most Im (332)
Places to eat in Con (288)
This Song is the F'i (254)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (241)
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING (169)
George Harrison Memo (147)
An Air Algerie Fligh (80)
Green and Lammons
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Bonefish Grill
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Good Article for those co
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Name a Gamecock
Predict Clemson 2014
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING GREEN

View Poll Results: Clowney's 40 time at the combine?
Over 42 42.86%
Under 56 57.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Vegas sets an over/under for Clowney's 40 time....

4.5 seconds.

What do you have??

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Vegas sets an over/under for Clowney's 40 time....

Personally, since it's going to be electronically timed, I went with the over. I also hope I'm wrong.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Any way we can get this on Cocky Bookie?
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

Over.

Going back to 2006 was the last time a DE was under 4.5 in the 40. Electronic timing is much slower - he will be over 4.5

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine...006/order/true
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I think he will run under 4.50 but I fully expect his 225 reps to be under 30. I say around 25.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I think he will run under 4.50 but I fully expect his 225 reps to be under 30. I say around 25.
Yeah in an interview he mentioned his realistic goal was 25 reps. I believe he is going to a run a sub 4.5, and that will be what he was talking about when he said he was going to impress at the combine.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #7
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Yeah in an interview he mentioned his realistic goal was 25 reps. I believe he is going to a run a sub 4.5, and that will be what he was talking about when he said he was going to impress at the combine.
Yeah, he may impress in some drills and vertical-broad jump too. Guess we will see.

It's fairly obvious that he is not weight room junkie though or he would be doing over 30 on the bench. He has shown great power on the field plenty of times.

That said; if he runs anything under 4.5 the scouts will drool...as they should at 6-6 274.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #8
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Definitely over.

Interested to see his 3 cone. Been reading that 3 cone is the most important for an edge rusher.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Over.

Going back to 2006 was the last time a DE was under 4.5 in the 40. Electronic timing is much slower - he will be over 4.5

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine...006/order/true
What do the past players have to do with how fast Clowney will run?
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I think he can possibly run a sub 4.5 40, but I voted over because I don't think it will actually happen. I hope he runs a 4.46 like he did this past spring.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #11
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

just over 4.5. still will have scouts drooling
Old 02-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #12
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Over.

But I'd hate to be the 230-240 lb DE that runs after him.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #13
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

If he runs over, will people say he's taking plays off?
Old 02-21-2014, 04:12 AM   #14
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #15
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 477000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Under
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #16
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

When does Clowney run?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

The 10 and 20 times are probably more important that the 40.....plus the agility drills.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #18
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Over, 4.65. Then the same media who hyped him up as Superman this past year will relentlessly bash the kid for 'mailing it in' and how much draft stock he loses, etc.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I believe the Over/under is 4.55.

So I say just under at 4.53
Old 02-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #20
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

I think when he's "on a mission" he will be impressive. It's a challange to him especially if vegas is putting a line on it. I say under.
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote