CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
ertman420
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
spareparts
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
2015 - Taj Griffin
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
2 Crazy things
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Davon Durant
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

View Poll Results: Clowney's 40 time at the combine?
Over 42 42.86%
Under 56 57.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #21
35-21
Tons-A-Fun

Male

CockyCash: 200
35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Vegas sets an over/under for Clowney's 40 time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
The 10 and 20 times are probably more important that the 40.....plus the agility drills.
I expect the agility drills to be where he may struggle the most. Not saying he won't have a solid showing there, but it is the one place where he seems the weakest. A little stiff in the hips, which is to be expected for a guy his size.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #22
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Over, 4.65. Then the same media who hyped him up as Superman this past year will relentlessly bash the kid for 'mailing it in' and how much draft stock he loses, etc.

I doubt they bash him. I've already heard multiple draft analysts say that most folks don't really expect him to run under a 4.5 and that it's not going to effect his status.

Didn't Watkinssay that he would run in the 4.3's. Does he get bashed if that does not happen?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #23
longcock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 27885
longcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot materiallongcock is USC mascot material

If he runs a sub 4.5 it will be one of the biggest combine stories of all time.

I think he'll run a 4.65
Old 02-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #25
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Over.

Around a 4.6.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #26
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
What do the past players have to do with how fast Clowney will run?

Are you serious?

Have you ever invested in the stock market and read a prospectus?

Past certainly does not predict the future, but it shows averages and trends. If one defensive end in the last 8 NFL combines has been under 4.5 seconds in the 40, who by the way was over 20 lbs lighter, it is pretty safe to say it is not likely to happen.

Certainly not definitive....but I think that's a good answer to your statement.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #27
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Truth be told, the vertical is actually a better indicator of overall athleticism. Don't get caught up.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #28
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Would it be illegal for him to take out a big loan, bet the over, sprint 35 yards to show his speed, stop and look around, then cross the line at 5 seconds?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #29
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Are you serious?

Have you ever invested in the stock market and read a prospectus?

Past certainly does not predict the future, but it shows averages and trends. If one defensive end in the last 8 NFL combines has been under 4.5 seconds in the 40, who by the way was over 20 lbs lighter, it is pretty safe to say it is not likely to happen.

Certainly not definitive....but I think that's a good answer to your statement.
To be fair Clowney is also hyped as a once a decade player, genetic freak, etc. You don't apply trends to somebody with that type of hype the same way you do other players.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #30
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Clowney does have great initial explosion which may help him. If he's at peak performance I think he can get close to 4.5
Old 02-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #31
c0ckkn0cker
Walk On

Male

c0ckkn0cker has hatched from the shell

I bet he goes 4.56 in the 40. His bench will probably be 24, his arms are way too long and he's not a gym rat. I think where he will really shine is the agility drills. He'll put on a real show there.
c0ckkn0cker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #32
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I'm fairly certain that he will run over a 4.5. If anyone cares to bet real money, PM me. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #33
RPM
Walk On

Male

RPM has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockaThaWalk View Post
Truth be told, the vertical is actually a better indicator of overall athleticism. Don't get caught up.
Typically, the 40 and the vertical trend linear.
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #34
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I'm fairly certain that he will run over a 4.5. If anyone cares to bet real money, PM me. Thanks.

Me too! I'll gladly eat crow (and lose $) if I'm wrong, but alot of people seem to be ignoring logic and reason bc he is one of our own.

See my post about history of DE's in the combine from ESPN data.

6'6, 260+ men do not run under a 4.5 sec 40 yd dash on electronic time. No matter how much of a "Freak" you are. You can't have sprinter form at that height.

PM me for bets.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #35
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
To be fair Clowney is also hyped as a once a decade player, genetic freak, etc. You don't apply trends to somebody with that type of hype the same way you do other players.

I completely agree with you that he is a once in a decade player.

Julius Peppers was also a freak. Keep in mind he was athletic enough to play on National Champion Tarheel basketball teams.

His 40 yd dash time at the combine. 4.68 seconds
Old 02-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #36
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas
Jonny Manziel's 40-Yard Dash time betting odds are identical to Jadeveon Clowney's: Both over/under 4.55 seconds
Old 02-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #37
35-21
Tons-A-Fun

Male

CockyCash: 200
35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Me too! I'll gladly eat crow (and lose $) if I'm wrong, but alot of people seem to be ignoring logic and reason bc he is one of our own.

See my post about history of DE's in the combine from ESPN data.

6'6, 260+ men do not run under a 4.5 sec 40 yd dash on electronic time. No matter how much of a "Freak" you are. You can't have sprinter form at that height.

PM me for bets.
Usain Bolt would disagree. He's 6'5".
Old 02-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #38
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35-21 View Post
Usain Bolt would disagree. He's 6'5".

Credit given. Your spot on with that statement.

I guess we will see....hope the boys represent well.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #39
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

No PM's yet... 60% of voters think he runs under a 4.5, yet noone willing to place a wager on it?

Valuable opinions here.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #40
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Over, 4.65. Then the same media who hyped him up as Superman this past year will relentlessly bash the kid for 'mailing it in' and how much draft stock he loses, etc.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote