CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (2916)
Juco QBs? (1002)
SDS grades the Furma (840)
we can STILL win the (772)
Auburn/USC point spr (622)
Whenever I Get Depre (611)
How do you want Aubu (441)
If the Head Ball Coa (410)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (268)
When did it change ? (201)
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Juco QBs?
2016 - Issac Nauta
Just started playing &quo
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
How do you want Auburn to
Auburn/USC point spread
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 02-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Garnet Devil
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Garnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his claws
Default Interesting NFL Analysis

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

You can filter participants by college and it has an analysis available on each player we have at the combine. Agree with some of it. Some of it could be considered "questionable". Either way, interesting take from NFL.
Garnet Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

CockyCash: 500
Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Interesting NFL Analysis

Good find! Points to you.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

3rd or 4th line on Clowney's write-up mentions speeding tickets....

Also says that he has the "personality of a pleaser"... does that mean he's an unselfish lover? That's a positive IMO.

Vic projects as a safety in the NFL? First I've heard of that.

In Shaw's write-up, it describes Spurrier's offense as "gimmicky" and "a high percentage, dink-and-dunk passing game"... I don't think I've ever heard it talked about that way before.

Last edited by Cock Kool-Aid; 02-21-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Garnet Devil
Walk On

Male

Garnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post

Also says that he has the "personality of a pleaser"... does that mean he's an unselfish lover? That's a positive IMO.

In Shaw's write-up, it describes Spurrier's offense as "gimmicky" and "a high percentage, dink-and-dunk passing game"... I don't think I've ever heard it talked about that way before.
I agree with you with the "gimmicky" comments. I thought that was a strange description. And "personality of a pleaser" - LMAO
Garnet Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
35-21
The Thickened Chicken

Male

35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

Tajh Boyd: "Shows composure in the face of a blitz ...."

Is there another Tajh Boyd that I am unaware of?
35-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35-21 View Post

Tajh handles the blitz fine, he's actually quite good at escaping pressure, its getting hit that shakes him up.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #7
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Easy to "handle a blitz" when half of your passing plays are screens. You're bound to hit those and not feel pressured.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
35-21
The Thickened Chicken

Male

35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Tajh handles the blitz fine, he's actually quite good at escaping pressure, its getting hit that shakes him up.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss
Easy to "handle a blitz" when half of your passing plays are screens. You're bound to hit those and not feel pressured.
Also true.
35-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #9
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

For Ellington, a weakness is "Not a go up and get it type player" Well duh, the dude isn't as tall as Blackmon or Dez, but he did play basketball which sounds like a contradiction. I think he could go up and get it if he needed to.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #10
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35-21 View Post

he calmly throws a great ball with soft touch right to the defense where typically not so sure handed LBs easily pull it in. Often he is so composed that he leads them with the ball so that they have a clear path for YAC. He's composed all the while.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #11
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I think the guy just watched the Mizzou game in 2012. Shaw probably has just as many bomb TD's as he does short pass TD's. Clemson is more of a short pass type team. They use a bunch of screens, and short passes. They have to to keep that up tempo going.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #12
CockNBlythewood
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 300
CockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to CockNBlythewood

Haha the "Threads by views" section says "Interesting NFL Anal"
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post

I think they may have gotten confused and thought he went to Clemmy with the gimmicky comment.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote